This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battle Maison AI's confirmed to be "learning"?

#1iRaithYouPosted 11/10/2013 2:24:13 AM
I'm nearly sure they are at this point.
My highest round was 40, but as of now I literally cannot even get past round 7 anymore. I've been using the same team of Noivern, Aerodactyl, and Metagross.

They're growing stronger, I don't think we're going to be able to stop them at this rate. We need to do something about this.
---
3DS FC: 0946 3178 1610
Pkmn B2 FC: 0863 1169 6198 - Adeta
#2KibalnuzukaPosted 11/10/2013 2:28:00 AM
It's just bad luck. I found myself against a Pokémon that used Sunny Day and other Pokés on the team benefited from it either by boosting fire type moves or having one of those speed enhancing abilties at battle 39. Most of the time their team doesn't work together at all though. Then again I have 4 immunities and most of them don't use entry hazards, and 2 of them have pressure PP stall ftw lol
---
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point. - Kenji
#3IXAGamerPosted 11/10/2013 2:48:20 AM
Maison AI ... brought to you by Cyberdyne Industries...

OMG ... SKYNET CONFIRMED
---
aka ChristHBK - 3DS FC: 4141 2294 1465
Fangire... sono inochi, Kami ni kaeshinasai!
#4DamanaxPosted 11/10/2013 2:51:46 AM
I got swept by a curse/rest Lickilicky. Took out my Greninja and Charizard in one hit and then proceeded to outstall my Ferrothorn.

I have versed it again and this time I made sure to keep my Greninja alive and ended up winning eventually. Damn Lickilicky.
---
FC: 1762-2695-5319 - IGN: Connor - FS Sandile, Nuzleaf, Sableye
#5Caolan_2k9Posted 11/10/2013 2:54:31 AM
It depends, sometimes they go easy and other times they just cheat.
As far as learning, well at round 1 you're SE on like everything but at around round 10 their team starts to change counter yours, while cheating at the same time by landing huge amounts of crits and making your attacks miss etc.
#6KibalnuzukaPosted 11/10/2013 3:01:04 AM
Only case of cheating I really encountered was a Custap Berry Blissey..Where the hell are they getting that berry from, I would have loved to have it on my team. :(
---
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point. - Kenji
#7darkflagrancePosted 11/10/2013 5:34:32 AM
I suspect the AI difficulty is usually set low, and then jumps high for a battle. There may also be some form of set teams that come out occasionally. They may also stack counter-pokes against you or increase the odds of hax, but this is just speculation. Once in triples, where you can use 6 mons, I fought an entire 6 eeveelution team that nearly beat my heatwave team. The AI team comp and difficulty felt too strong to be coincidental.
---
[This signature has been deleted due to the request of God.]
(Friend code: 3668-8578-3939)
#8KibalnuzukaPosted 11/10/2013 5:36:03 AM
darkflagrance posted...
I suspect the AI difficulty is usually set low, and then jumps high for a battle. There may also be some form of set teams that come out occasionally. They may also stack counter-pokes against you or increase the odds of hax, but this is just speculation. Once in triples, where you can use 6 mons, I fought an entire 6 eeveelution team that nearly beat my heatwave team. The AI team comp and difficulty felt too strong to be coincidental.

I think that team of eeveelutions is a milestone battle, I encountered a similar team in Super Singles.
---