This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Six Eggs Only Nuzlocke

#41rojse(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 1:43:12 PM
Log 8 - Mocked by the Random Number Gods

After reaching Ambrette and meeting Calem again, I returned to Santalune to catch up with the Milliner and her latest wares in the boutique, and got a sweet pink hat with black ribbon. It goes with my pink purse and black top and looks quite oh my god Gamefreak what have you done to me. I teleported back to Camphrier with Ralts and stopped by Battle Maison to grind up the rest of my team up a few levels while earning some extra spending money.

Had a bunch of battles with Viillon to get it up to level 21, and switched in my level 18 Inkay to grind for a bit. First battle with Inkay was against a Duchess, who sends out a Level 20 Kecleon. Inkay used Foul Play, turns Kecleon into a Dark Type and takes its health down to half. Kecleon uses Feint, gets a critical hit, and takes my Inkay's health down to a third.

Switch in Eevee, Kecleon used Feint again, takes just over a quarter of my health from Eevee. Next turn, I use Swift, take off another quarter of its health, turns Kecleon to Normal-type. Kecleon uses Feint and gets STAB bonus. That takes about a third of my health.

The matchup - Eevee has about quarter of its health left. It will lose if it takes another hit. It has speed advantage. Kecleon has slightly under a quarter of its health left. It will lose if it takes another hit.

"I'm not switching twice against a f------- joke pokemon like Kecleon" I said (not out loud, of course, I'm not a crazy person). I used Eevee's Swift. The Random Number God looked at my game, and mocked my foolish bravado. Kecleon's health went down to 1HP. Kecleon used Feint Attack and killed my Eevee.

I sent in my Lombre to finish it off, but the damage is done. I'm down to four pokemon, and Eevee is forever gone. You shall be sorely missed, Eevee.
#42TepigSnivyPosted 11/12/2013 1:53:56 PM
DAYUM this is gonna be hard now. Keep going! I believe in you!
---
3DS FC : Ronan - 0602-6774-3991 (Fairy - Mawile, Floette and Kirlia) Founder/Leader of the Masuda Method Clan!
#43rojse(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 2:07:06 PM
TepigSnivy posted...
DAYUM this is gonna be hard now. Keep going! I believe in you!

I should know by now that there's no such thing as a joke Pokemon when you're doing a Nuzlocke, particularly when you're using a rather weak pokemon and waiting for it to evolve to make use of its stats. I'm a terrible trainer.
#44rojse(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 4:51:01 PM
Log 9 - I Don't Want to be Like My Mother

After returning from Battle Chateau to Ambrette Town, having lost my Eevee, I tried to head north to Cyllage City to console myself by shopping for new outfits. Since the cave on Route 7 to Cyllage City was blocked off, I tried to head up the beach along the western coast of Kalos to Cyllage instead. However, a woman had dropped her fossil and did not understand that I needed to buy new outfits, even when I tried to go past her several times.

I go and have a look around Ambrette town instead, and visit the Fossil Lab and get told I'm hunting for Fossils, and that they don't have any idea what mega stones are. I try to tell them that I have the team of Pokémon I want already and that I don't want a fossil, but apparently I get no say in the matter. I guess I'm hunting fossils, then.

On my way through the checkpoint to Route 9, I meet a scientist who excitedly insists I should pretend to be Grace, the famous Rhyhorn racer. Go away, pervert. I don't know if you knows who my mother is or not, but in either case, that's a really creepy suggestion, and I'm sure that your waifu wouldn't want to know about this, either.

I don't even think I can look at the Rhyhorn at my house without thinking about this pervert now. Damn it.

I then meet up with my Rhyhorn transport. Without speaking to it, Rhyhorn understands that I don't want to risk injury by racing along the rocky terrain at breakneck speed, and I certainly don't want to pretend to be a Rhyhorn racer like my mother, so it takes a slow and gentle pace for me. I now have a new favourite Rhyhorn.

On my way to the cave, Rhyhorn makes sure to stir up some Sandiles and Hippopotas so that Lombre can get some easy experience. It knows what I like. I can tell we're going to be good friends.

On my way to the cave, I have my first Sky Battle - my Vivillon against a Sky Trainer's Ledian. My Vivillon's paralyses the opponent first turn, induces confusion on the second, and spams Struggle Bug which reduces Ledian's special attack, since Psywave does about the same damage and doesn't have as nice a secondary effect. It takes more than ten turns to finish this battle of the titans, and I emerge as the victor.

After exploring Glittering cave and gaining a few levels for my Pokémon, I run into some goons from a group called "Team Flare". They claim to be the height of fashion, but haven't figured out that bright red is a colour for accessories and accentuations, not a main clothing colour, particularly with that awful hair dye colour. Caleb "helps" me defeat two members of Team Flare, and by help I mean that he allows a Scraggy to get a Moxie boost by dying in one turn. Good work, Calem.

I met up with an Assistant, who offers me a choice of two fossils - a Jaw fossil and a Sail fossil. Since I have no idea what either one is, I pick the Sail Fossil - it glitters with the colours of the rainbow, and I can only imagine that I'll get a rainbow-coloured gossamer dragon that will lay waste to everything. Anyway, who'd want a Pokémon with an oversized jaw?

After returning to the outskirts of Ambrette Town, I try to take Rhyhorn with me, but it does not want to leave. Heartbroken, I leave it and return to Ambrette town, consoling myself with the fact that at least I'll have my vicious gossamer dragon that will blast everything away.

I return to the fossil lab, and turn in my Sail Fossil. eagerly awaiting on my dragon. The professor hands me my Amaura, which is certainly not a gossamer dragon. It doesn't even have the sail promised to me in the fossil's description.

And Shauna still hasn't called.
#45ShinamiTsuyokiPosted 11/12/2013 6:06:56 PM
I seriously adore this thread and love every update, plus I'm wondering how far you'll get with this.

Your writing style is superb and you're injecting really cool personality to this, and it isn't all sunshine and daisies either - this is a fantastic Nuzlocke.

I've been lurking this whole time, but the latest log made me laugh hard, and I like this too much.

Keep up the good work and let's pray the team never loses another member!
---
Friend Code: 0232-8811-0984 (PM if you add)
Pokemon Y - Yvonne
#46alex1_2_3_4_5Posted 11/12/2013 6:56:45 PM
Oh man, you are going to have a tough time the rest of the game. One more, and its probably game over.
---
Black 2 FC: 0605 5786 7352
Y FC: 5343 8947 6844
#47rojse(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 11:19:56 PM
Log 9 - I Hate Crits

After I leave Ambrette City and head back up the beach, I meet my previous roadblock, bikini girl with fossil. Perhaps she needs to get a backpack to properly carry her possessions. Or clothing with some pockets. Whatever works for her. The girl gives me a Dowsing Machine, and it's much better than an empty apology when she clearly knew she how much she was inconveniencing me. I then go dowsing along the beach and find a pearl and a stardust, among other things. Since I can't make jewellery out of the pearl, that means more money and more clothes for me.

Route 8 is a fairly short route - Kirilia levels up and learns Magical Leaf, Lombre takes advantage of rainy conditions to get some use out of Rain Dish while abusing Giga Drain on the water-trainers in the route. He also learns Bubblebeam. Not too much trouble here. Lombre is a few levels in front of the rest, but that's not too much of an issue because all of my party members need to level up anyway, and Lombre needs to deal with the pokes that Inkay and Kirilia can't.

Finally reaches Cyllade City, and buys some extra clothes. Still have about 130,000 in Pokécredits after this, and Jocelyn can finally wear a decent outfit: a pink top, a pink sports hat, and blue jeans. Not faded jeans, though - I'm not going to dress my character like a hobo.

Go and visit the rock-type gym, and need to choose between Lombre and Kirilia. Lombre has 30% more Special Attack and two good STABs to deal with Rock-types - Bubble Beam and Giga Drain. He's also got 55 speed to Kirilia's 35. However, Kirilia can deal with Rock/Bug types where Lombre cannot. I choose to use Kirilia instead.

Go and battle a few rock-type trainers, including a Rock/Bug type, and beat them easily enough, and come across a trainer using Solrock and Lunatone. I try using Magical Leaf, but it doesn't do much damage. The opponent's attacks do, though. I take two hits and a crit. Kirilia hangs on with 1HP because of love and, more accurately, because Pokémon Amie is awesome for Nuzlockers. I switch Kirilia out, and use Lombre. Lombre dispatches Solrock and Lunatone with ease.

In spite of my constant posts here, I can actually take the occasional hint, so I decide to go and train some more before tackling the rest of the gym. I start with Vivillon, who has the lowest level of my party.

Have a few battles, win those with ease, and encounter an Emolga. I use Psybeam, and do about a quarter damage. Emolga uses Nuzzle, paralyses me and deals damage. I can't get my attack off the second turn, and Emolga uses Nuzzle again. I use Psybeam on the third turn, Emolga again uses Nuzzle.

Situation - I'm over half my health from three Nuzzle attacks. I've managed to do about 90% damage to Emolga in three turns. Emolga has speed advantage due to paralysis. If I can get a Psybeam off in the next three turns, though, I win the battle.

Emolga decides to use Spark instead of Nuzzle and gets a critical hit to kill my Vivillon. Vivillon can't withstand a crit, and dies. Because of that, I nearly hate Emolga nearly as much as I hate Furfrou, but at least an Emolga didn't ruin my date with Shauna. It's second on my list of pokemon I hate now.

I'm now down to three pokemon - a Level 23 Inkay, a Level 25 Kirilia, and a Level 26 Lombre.
#48rojse(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 11:22:05 PM
Out of Universe post - I'm going to continue writing this Nuzlocke until I beat the Elite Four or fail utterly and miserably. If I fail, I'm going to do a brutal analysis of where I went wrong with my teambuilding (quite a lot) and playstyle (also quite a lot), and then start a different game with a different team because I don't like failing and I think this challenge is quite possible to complete, providing I play somewhat more intelligently.
#49alex1_2_3_4_5Posted 11/13/2013 12:44:21 AM
rojse posted...
Out of Universe post - I'm going to continue writing this Nuzlocke until I beat the Elite Four or fail utterly and miserably. If I fail, I'm going to do a brutal analysis of where I went wrong with my teambuilding (quite a lot) and playstyle (also quite a lot), and then start a different game with a different team because I don't like failing and I think this challenge is quite possible to complete, providing I play somewhat more intelligently.

Nice! Good luck.
---
Black 2 FC: 0605 5786 7352
Y FC: 5343 8947 6844
#50rojse(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 12:55:02 AM
alex1_2_3_4_5 posted...
rojse posted...

Nice! Good luck.

I've decided to train my Kirilia and Inkay up to Level 30, and evolve them. That should sort out that pesky rock-type gym.