This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you rage quit, you are a garbage human

#41KeeperOfShadowsPosted 11/10/2013 9:43:41 AM
Pupu27 posted...
knuxnole posted...
bbkkristian posted...
You mean forfeiting a match? What's wrong with that? I don't like seeing my pokemon faint, so I do it when I know I'm outnumbered by a large margin.

This. If you are losing by a large amount or realize your done, it is perfectly 100% to just quit.

Also, if you have to leave unexpectedly, or if you don't feel like playing anymore, taking off the 3DS is ok.

No, it's not ok at all. Most people don't care about ranking when they battle online even though they are playing rank battle. The reason is because unless you are Japanese then there is virtually impossible for you to reach the top 100. So most people battle online for the satisfaction when they go on a murdering rampage and kill EVERY SINGLE ONE of their opponents' pokemon. Ragequitting prevents this satisfaction and make online battle meaningless for most people.

I believe this was covered.

FancyButts posted...
The general logic is why waste time if they have no chance of winning? There is zero point to continue a match that's effectively over other than the stroke the winner's ego.

---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
"Are you angry? Do you hate me?"
#42CircleOfManiasPosted 11/10/2013 9:53:57 AM
FancyButts posted...
The general logic is why waste time if they have no chance of winning? There is zero point to continue a match that's effectively over other than the stroke the winner's ego.

Then you forfeit. If you forfeit, you get a loss and your opponent gets a win. This is fine. People don't forfeit though, they turn off their wifi to screw their opponent out of a win. This is not fine.
---
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
#43pushoPosted 11/10/2013 9:54:32 AM
TheSteelPhoenix posted...
Take your loss like an adult and stop trying to screw others out of rating.

(yes it works, about half the time).

I agree, but yesterday i was playing (and losing a battle) and the light went down, so I DC cause of the lack of wifi, probably the other guy hated me but it wasn't really my fault.
---
FC: 3539-9446-1640
#44AsterixKingPosted 11/10/2013 9:55:37 AM
If I were ever to rage quit, I'd do it gracefully. You CAN run//forfeit after all.
---
Eldritch abominations from beyond the edge of the planes are easily intimidated.
However, they can be very intimidating themselves.
#45wachimingoPosted 11/10/2013 9:58:04 AM
i usually quit against klefkis since i dont use anything to counter it.
---
psn: oilufi
3ds fc: 1177-6583-2099 (Nadie)[Ice Safari]
#46CircleOfManiasPosted 11/10/2013 10:00:57 AM
It would be awesome if GF is secretly tracking disconnects, and after a year, disconnects get put on everyone's W/L record as 2 losses each. They're probably not doing that, but they should.
---
#47P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 11/10/2013 10:01:45 AM
Agreed. I've been getting my ass handed to me today on Showdown (I'm trying out new teams), but I at least stick around and take the loss.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
3DS FC: 3222-6121-8437
#48knuxnolePosted 11/10/2013 10:26:16 AM
Pupu27 posted...
knuxnole posted...
bbkkristian posted...
You mean forfeiting a match? What's wrong with that? I don't like seeing my pokemon faint, so I do it when I know I'm outnumbered by a large margin.

This. If you are losing by a large amount or realize your done, it is perfectly 100% to just quit.

Also, if you have to leave unexpectedly, or if you don't feel like playing anymore, taking off the 3DS is ok.

No, it's not ok at all. Most people don't care about ranking when they battle online even though they are playing rank battle. The reason is because unless you are Japanese then there is virtually impossible for you to reach the top 100. So most people battle online for the satisfaction when they go on a murdering rampage and kill EVERY SINGLE ONE of their opponents' pokemon. Ragequitting prevents this satisfaction and make online battle meaningless for most people.

It's 100% ok

:D
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#49CircleOfManiasPosted 11/10/2013 10:34:35 AM
knuxnole posted...
Pupu27 posted...
knuxnole posted...
bbkkristian posted...

It's 100% ok

:D

You are aware that the run button forfeits the match, right? Is there a legitimate reason you're not using it?
---
#50sniper_zeroPosted 11/11/2013 6:17:15 PM
What I hate is when other players try to act smart by switching all the time, the when you finally gain the advantage they quit on you. They make you waste all that time making you think hard about your next move only for them to quit at the very end and not give you the win you deserve.

Anyway, what if Mother Theresa decides to rage quit on you? Does that make her a garbage human TC?
---
Pokemon Y FC: 2036-7614-1772.
Octillery, Wartortle, Frogadier. IGN: Calem