This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, why the hell is Wulfric a Gym Leader?

#41wind64aPosted 11/11/2013 7:27:49 PM
Lucis_Ferre posted...
Let's see:-

Falkner: Urr
Bugsy: Entomologist
Whitney: Hmm
Morty: (Expert on Johto Mythology alongside Eusine)
Chuck: Professional martial artist
Janine: Runs the lighthouse (Effectively, it is powered by her Pokemon)
Pryce: Ya got me
Claire: (Heiress to the Dragon Shrine)
Janine: Ninja

Roxanne: Teacher
Brawly: Surfer
Wattson: At the very least, head of Mauville's city design and development since he did approve and work on New Mauville.
Flannery: *shrugs* Probably similar to Norman
Norman: Full time Gym Leader
Winona: *shrugs again*
Liza&Tate: Doubt they have jobs since kids
Juan/Wallace: Showmen/artists

Roak: Miner
Gardenia: (Ninja)
Fantina: (Top Coordinator)
Maylene: Professional martial artist
CRASHER WAKE: BEING AWESOME/managing the wetlands/TV personality (Wrestler)
Byron: Miner
Candice:(Implied to be a fashion designer or at least have some hand in that industry, also notable for teaching students about Pokémon in the anime)
Volkner: (Mayor or high position in city planning since he was able to remodel the entire thing to be entirely environmentally friendly with the solar panel walkways)

People've already covered Gen 5. Though there's always been an implication for some Gym Leaders that they're basically 'Full time Gym Leaders', which i guess is they're dedicated simply to training/betterment, the kind that, like Volkner implies/Iris proves, can go on to become Champions in their own rights. Gym Leaders also all seem to all have a role within the community as, when they're not outright in charge like Drayden, they all seem to have some role in protecting/helping it, as seen with Wally in Gen 3 and frequently in Gen V,

I added in a few I'm pretty sure of, hope you don't mind.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. 3DS FC: 3050 8148 9673
#42Genericgamer667Posted 11/11/2013 7:28:40 PM
MegaDuran posted...
did people mention it started in gen 1 with brock being a nude art model, misty being a world class swimmer, bob being a military veteran, that flower chick being a gardener, koga being a ninja, blane being quizmaster, sabrina being a psychic, giovanni leading an underground organization...

wulfric seems slightly out of place, but most likely he doubles as something like mayor.

oh yeah, someone did that a page ago.
wasn't falkner implied to be like a police guy or something?

WHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA???
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#43badguyPosted 11/11/2013 7:43:15 PM
Crasher wake is a pro wrestler with a water theme.
---
:3 xbox tag: badguyisevil PSN: AnAngryMarine steam id: iamthebadguy
Randall 0705 - 2219 - 6000 (Azumarill Bibarel and Floatzel)
#44KingChickadeePosted 11/11/2013 7:47:54 PM
Blingya25 posted...
As a Gym Leader, he's out of the blue. No meaning to anything in the story or characters or anything at all.

However, I like his theory, it's kind of like Rocky Balboa... Ice-type may be fragile, but can you stop their defense? I admire his resolve! I, who also likes Ice-types, smashed his defenses, but with great honor and respect!

And that's why I will dedicate a mono Ice Team for my Party!

That's cool
Make sure to tell us how the ice team works for you
I also smashed his defenses but I'm pretty sure he enjoyed it thoroughly
---
3DS FC: 0602-6862-2970
Official Pokemon Breeder of Kalos and Leader of Team Croissant; mass deleting inactive friend codes soon
#45Meta289Posted 11/11/2013 7:50:51 PM
Wulfric is Santa Claus. He's just wears his casual clothing when not delivering presents.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#46Xeo352Posted 11/11/2013 7:55:54 PM
Wulfric doesn't need logic, his gym is cold enough to turn the town it's in into minirussia and has a big stupid puzzle cube because why not.

Also he's a really cool guy [gets shot] for taking care of the poor pokemon in the pokemon village... I bet he has some awesome backstory about being a northern Unova pokemon ranger who lost his beloved beartic to some horrible tragedy.
---
Pokemon X: 4313-0450-2944
#47GloryChaosPosted 11/11/2013 7:57:03 PM
Gamefreak wanted to remind players that ice types were a joke. Hell, Wulfric even tells you that he'll be a cakewalk before you fight him.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#48InhaledCornPosted 11/11/2013 8:01:10 PM
Okay, people need to realize real body builders actually look kinda pudgy. Those who are actually strong will develop a layer of fat over their muscles. Wulfric is not fat. The guy is actually really, really strong. He's probably a sailor, judging from the coat. He could also be a body builder.

I mean, seriously, does no one remember Crasher Wake and Chuck? Those guys looked chunky, but they were a freaking wrestler and karate champion.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
Pokemon Friend Safari: Nincada, Sandshrew, Gastrodon
#49KingChickadeePosted 11/11/2013 8:04:29 PM
InhaledCorn posted...
Okay, people need to realize real body builders actually look kinda pudgy. Those who are actually strong will develop a layer of fat over their muscles. Wulfric is not fat. The guy is actually really, really strong. He's probably a sailor, judging from the coat. He could also be a body builder.

I mean, seriously, does no one remember Crasher Wake and Chuck? Those guys looked chunky, but they were a freaking wrestler and karate champion.

Chuck's wife tells you that Chuck is actually getting fat, and when Chuck calls you he tells about how much he likes sweets
Crasher Wake just doesn't do enough cardio
And Wulfric is fat. Idc what you say about body building, Wulfric is fat and we like him that way
---
3DS FC: 0602-6862-2970
Official Pokemon Breeder of Kalos and Leader of Team Croissant; mass deleting inactive friend codes soon
#50ljobenzaPosted 11/12/2013 1:10:12 AM
InhaledCorn posted...

You are confusing bodybuilders with strongmen. Bodybuilders might lose their definition off-season but they're nowhere near pudgy as guys like Wulfric.

Even back in the old days when it was all about form they were never ever pudgy.