This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shiny Stories! (All Gens)

#21RikanovPosted 11/10/2013 10:11:17 AM
My first ever shiny was in Gen III. It was a Whismur, which I caught, but I was a kid then and restarted the game without even considering its value. .-.

Several years later, I restarted that Sapphire game and came across a Shiny Zubat. Of all things. Ah well. In Gen IV, I got a Shiny Honchkrow through a trade. No shinies there up until this Gen.

Managed to get a Shiny Piloswine when I was first at that snowy cave area. Today, just got myself a shiny larvesta. Hasty natured though, but I think I can make her work.
---
3DS FC: 0344-9567-4983
Dragon Friend Safari: Shelgon, Gabite, Sliggoo
#22SoulSlayer64x(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 10:11:33 AM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
My first encounter with a non Gyarados Shiny pokemon was long before I properly used the internet and consequently learned about these things, actually.

I was happily playing my Ruby and surfing around, having beaten the E4 but exploring, when I happened across the Sky Tower. I entered it in search of treasure and found a giant green dragon at the top, which I caught. Thankfully, that's not where my story ends.

I turned to leave, using my last max repel and having already caught a Lv70 Altaria, and ran down the tower. Shortly before I left, however, the max repel ended, and two to three steps away from the exit I got into a battle.

I groaned and rolled my eyes, sighing, when I heard the familiar noise of a Claydol's cry, accompanied by a -shing- noise, which caused me to look down sharply.

There floating in front of me was a Claydol which looked rather odd, and I must say I almost bolted there and then for fear . I was sure Claydol normally had red eyes, but this one had orange ones.

I threw an Ultra (Or maybe Great? I don't recall. Will have to check) ball at it warily; the pokemon disappeared within instantly and didn't fight back. I went to the box and checked; and it was indeed irregular from other Claydol.

... And that was how I caught my first ever "proper" shiny. I still have him, and as you'd expect he's a little weak competitively; a neutral nature, middling IVs except for HP, awful speed (Trick Room), but it's mine. My little sparkle of luck.

Oh I love stories like this! Good job! I'm actually going to tell a similar story to this. It's a rare pokemon in Emerald. But my 1st shiny story is up. Check that out if you want. You're prob' already reading it tho.
---
I love the GameFaqs ACNL community!
My Dream Address is 4200-2833-0895 and my FC is 4682-8647-0257
#23SoulSlayer64x(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 10:26:06 AM
Rikanov posted...
My first ever shiny was in Gen III. It was a Whismur, which I caught, but I was a kid then and restarted the game without even considering its value. .-.

Several years later, I restarted that Sapphire game and came across a Shiny Zubat. Of all things. Ah well. In Gen IV, I got a Shiny Honchkrow through a trade. No shinies there up until this Gen.

Managed to get a Shiny Piloswine when I was first at that snowy cave area. Today, just got myself a shiny larvesta. Hasty natured though, but I think I can make her work.

Hey, can you add my FC? Those dragons would look great as shinies. Actually, mini-story here, w/ 2 shinies of the same initial color. So I hear that the friend safari has interesting chances finding shinies, right? So I head over to my friend who has Growlithe and Charmeleon. I'm hunting in here for like 20 minutes now, AND... Shiny Growlithe? DO'H. So I catch that, name it Buster, because my dog is so epic he's 2 gen1 shinies at the same time, and I keep at this ALL DAY. From 11 AM, to 2 AM, I'm hunting Charmeleon. Nothing.. UNTIL! FINALLY, a shiny Charmeleon! And from the Friend Safari, so it'll have good IVs too! Well, at 2:20 AM, I caught an impish blaze charmeleon with, as the IV guy said, relatively superior potential overall. Greatest potential being Atk, with good defence too! And now it's a Charizard, with a Charizardite X on it, cuz with good attack IVs, and a bad nature for special attacking, that's all it CAN be.

So, personally, I prefer Friend Safari over Masuda Method, for starter pokemon at least.
---
#24SoulSlayer64x(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 11:03:50 AM
Anybody here?
---
#25GrimlockSmashPosted 11/10/2013 11:13:18 AM
My first shiny was in Emerald. I was having a really bad day (school wise) and I decided to try and catch Rayquaza. First time, he demolished my whole team. So I SR'd and went to train for a bit. Came back and my team was in the high 60's. Started another battle and I wasted all my Pokeballs and Rayquaza killed himself with struggle. Started another one and my game froze. I went through probably 15 SR's. I was frustrated. So I decided to try one more battle before I do my homework. I started the battle and all of a sudden Rayquaza was black. I literally screamed out of the top of my lungs "OH MY GOD SHINY RAYQUAZA!!!!!!!!!!" I wittled him down into the red zone and put him to sleep. I caught him with one Pokeball. I raised him to level 100 and transferred him to my White 2 and all I'm waiting for is Pokebank.
---
3DS FC: 1993-7552-5914
GT: DvA Infamy
#26SoulSlayer64x(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 11:17:01 AM
GrimlockSmash posted...
My first shiny was in Emerald. I was having a really bad day (school wise) and I decided to try and catch Rayquaza. First time, he demolished my whole team. So I SR'd and went to train for a bit. Came back and my team was in the high 60's. Started another battle and I wasted all my Pokeballs and Rayquaza killed himself with struggle. Started another one and my game froze. I went through probably 15 SR's. I was frustrated. So I decided to try one more battle before I do my homework. I started the battle and all of a sudden Rayquaza was black. I literally screamed out of the top of my lungs "OH MY GOD SHINY RAYQUAZA!!!!!!!!!!" I wittled him down into the red zone and put him to sleep. I caught him with one Pokeball. I raised him to level 100 and transferred him to my White 2 and all I'm waiting for is Pokebank.

That has to be more rare than my rarest. Way to go!
---
#27MayorDexPosted 11/10/2013 12:02:04 PM
in leaf green i was searching for the key in the pokemon mansion in cinnabar island, and it was really a pain to do because i always got lost and had no repels on me. finally after walking around i run into what seemed like an average looking raticate, when suddenly a bunch of yellow stars spark out of him. i nearly died and my hands were shaking. shiny raticate! not the best, but this was one of those 1/8192 shinies! caught him and hes chilling in my black version to be transfered. when i caught a zoroark in my y, i decided to breed him with my japanese ditto because i needed the dex entry for zorua. first egg.. shiny blue zorua! wont be evolving the cute little guy. also masuda'd for a shiny charmander
---
imma let u finish but pokemon silva is the best game of all time. of all time
#28tarzanmxPosted 11/10/2013 12:05:30 PM
Once, when I was around 12 or so, I took off to look for a shiny in Fire Red.
After a half hour of wandering the tall grass south of the Mt.Moon Pokécenter (you know, that tiny grass patch in the corner), I found my very first Shiny (not counting the Gyarados, of course):

A Spearow!

About a week later, I was in the grass east of Vermilion City looking for more shinies. After an hour or so, I meet my second Shiny:

A Spearow!

I named them Mr. Shine and Mr.Bright and I used them through all of FR.
---
Why, hello.
#29DaisyfanboyPosted 11/10/2013 12:43:02 PM
Sapphire: I was really upset because I just wanted a shiny really bad (I was 12), and I was in the Safari zone looking. Ran into a red Rhyhorn, caught it in the first ball I chucked.

Emerald: Found a Numel on my way through fiery path(?), took that sucker to the E4.

Was in Meteor falls looking for a Bagon, ran into a Solrock. It looked more vibrant than usual, so I decided to catch it.

Found a Tentacool surfing randomly.

Diamond: Found a Meditite around Mt. Coronet after badge three I think. I hate Meditite and Medicham so I traded it for a Chikorita.

platinum: Nidoran from pokeradar.

Haven't found anything else after that.
---
So I'm still waiting for Daisy to reappear in something that's not a spinoff.
I'll probably end up dying first or something but optimism is fun.
#30ciberrajaPosted 11/10/2013 12:44:26 PM
My first shiny ever was a female combee I got while using the honey threes looking for a munchlax.
I had incredibly overleveled pokes with me, and since I already had all the legendaries, I used my Master Ball on it.
Now its a beautiful Vespiquen.
---
Remember to check for typos and grammar mistaeks.