This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shiny Stories! (All Gens)

#61viewtifullink99Posted 11/10/2013 9:45:15 PM
Found a shiny wingull on pokemon Ruby while I was actually searching for Lati@s. I had previously only heard of shinies, never seen one. I was really close to running from the battle too since the screen brightness was dim and the slight coloration difference between light blue and dark green was nearly imperceptible with the lighting at the time. I also wasn't looking closely at the screen when I encountered it, but I thought I had seen some half second of unfamiliar animation out of the corner of my eye so figured what the hell and threw a slew of ultra balls at it until it stuck. Went to check it out in the PC later after finishing and finally catching lati@s and imagine my surprise when I finally noticed what I had.

I finally went outside and used it just to see what would happen and was ecstatic to see the animation played again. I didn't really care for wingull or pelipper at all and still don't but you better believe I used that thing in all my future games just cause I was so proud of it. I even traded it to colosseum for a while. The animation looked much better on gameboy than on gamecube though, let me tell you.

Unfortunately my sister deleted my pearl file (with a fully completed pokedex and about 60-70 level hundred pokemon, might I add) about 5 years ago when I was off at my freshman year of college and my pelipper went with it. :(

I have played all gens and until this one, he was my only shiny.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I found a shiny sawsbuck in the friend safari. Not being as familiar with b/w I wasn't really sure what a sawsbuck was and it was my first time ever seeing one so I wasn't sure if the series of bright lights that came out was intrinsic to the pokemon or what, but man did it take me forever to bring that thing down to a catchable amount of HP. The only thing that kept me going was the fact that it could be a shiny. He wouldn't stay in the ball at full hp but I couldn't hit him because all I had was a talonflame with about 35 levels on him and didn't want to risk a OHKO.

I basically had to sit there and take hit after hit from takedown whenever he felt like using it. Went through about 15 full restores and relied entirely on recoil damage to catch the darn thing.

I caught a shiny krabby about ten minutes later, no joke. A week after this instance I found a shiny minccino, went into another friend safari not 5 minutes later and found a shiny male pyroar. I think these things come in pairs. None of those have very good stories behind them though.

One interesting thing. At some point a random passerby started a trade with me. His trainer name was the same as my actual name, and he traded me a series of pokemon I had sorely wanted for a long time with all the abilities I wanted them to have, and I basically gave him very little worthy of note at the time. He then topped it off by trading me a second shiny krabby for a regular garden variety heracross. "How does he know?" Is the only thing that ran through my mind at the time, later followed by the thought that he was probably me from the future.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0275 7830 8036
Pokemon in Safari: Dunsparce, Audino, Eevee
#62SoulSlayer64x(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 9:46:55 PM
Kamato posted...
SoulSlayer64x posted...
Kamato posted...
My first shiny encounter:
Grinding back in the days of d/p and slaughtering every Floatzel I saw. And there it was, that white, sparkling Pokemon, Floatzel, just staring at me. And just guess what I accidentally did when my hand slipped! Freakin' ran away!!!!
Ever since that day, I've been going for another without sucess.

My second shiny encounter:
Just going through a play through of my imported Japanese Black, where I vowed to catch every Pokemon I saw! (For no reason in particular....) And once my entire PC was full, I run into a shiny Trubbish! And the DS won't even let em catch it. Good lord!

My third encounter:
I slowly creep through Satulune forest, trying to evade all grass I see, I accidentally run into a patch, and what ever could appear? Shiny Pikachu!!!! And then, I throw 4 of my 5 pokeballs, only to see 4 failed attempts. And I throw my final ball.
1 shake
2 shakes
3 shakes
I CAUGHT MY FIRST SHINY!!!!!!!!

Shiny Floatzel.. Interesting.. A shame you goofed so hard on these shinies. I always make sure I have enough boxes.

Lol, yeah. I can't believe myself sometimes....

Speaking of Floatzels.. My friend'd safari has Floatzel. I'mma hunt one of those down now. Shiny time.
---
I love the GameFaqs ACNL community!
My Dream Address is 4200-2833-0895 and my FC is 4682-8647-0257
#63SoulSlayer64x(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 10:07:05 PM
Gotta bump.. Ok, last non gen 6 story. I told this girl if I found a shiny b4 her birthday I'd give her it. While walking back to a town in the Sevii Islands, shiny sentret. Pretty nice find, but she said I should keep it. *shrug*
---
#64CoronaIvoryPosted 11/10/2013 10:13:19 PM
when i owned black back in 2011
i constantly trained my team in the pinwheel forest, or whatever it was called.
they were about level 50 or so before i stopped. i trained quite often
i felt an urge to catch a shiny, but i found no way to do so, so instead, i looked up shiny pokemon online and to the side where my ds was, i ran into a wild double battle with the whirlipede pokemon and the hikikiomori grass pokemon..i don't remember what it was called
anyhoo, the whiripede was shiny
it blew my mind>:D it was outrageously cool and i ended up catching it:) i named it jorgumandr or something:P
it might've been something else'.'
and...then i reset my file, a couple months later:)
thats that.
#65Devin879Posted 11/10/2013 10:17:54 PM
My first shiny was in Pokemon Ruby. It was WAY back in '04. I was four years old, playing with my dad. We were surfing to Sootopolis when we came across a shiny Wingull! At the time, however, my dad thought it to be a normal Wingull, and thus, made it faint. To this day, I still tease him about that Wingull.

My first shiny I CAUGHT was in Pokemon FireRed. I was messing around in the Safari Zone when suddenly, shiny Rhyhorn! I immediately threw everything I had at it, and, luck would have it, I caught him! Today, he's a Rhyperior.

The third shiny I ever found was a Nidorina in the Safari Zone on that same cartridge. He ran away, which, was a little disappointing.

I didn't find another shiny until my Soul Silver days. I was, again, messing around in the Safari Zone, when I found a shiny Pidgey. Kinda disappointed it was Pidgey, but hey, a shiny is a shiny! I caught him, and now he's another best buddy of mine, that good ol' Pidgeot! (See a recurring theme here? The Safari Zones loves me.)

No luck in Gen V

I won't go over my fish chain shinies, as they weren't too interesting of a story, but I DO have some other stories of Gen VI.

My first Gen VI shiny was a Loudred in the Friend Safari. I was farming Eevees, and didn't notice he was shiny until I ran away. I was furious. However, today, Goomy has smiled upon me!
I was chaining the grass in Pokemon Village this morning, from around 8-12, and no matter what, I could never break 30 for my chains! I was relatively annoyed the rest of the day, until a stroke of luck hit me in the Friend Safari! A shiny Tyrogue! I was SO overjoyed! Now, he's a Hitmonlee named Tyrone, and I will cherish him forever!
---
Pokemon X/Y FC: 3496-9506-5168
My Friend Safari has Braixen, Growlithe, and Larvesta!
#66SoulSlayer64x(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 10:21:57 PM
Devin879 posted...
My first shiny was in Pokemon Ruby. It was WAY back in '04. I was four years old, playing with my dad. We were surfing to Sootopolis when we came across a shiny Wingull! At the time, however, my dad thought it to be a normal Wingull, and thus, made it faint. To this day, I still tease him about that Wingull.

My first shiny I CAUGHT was in Pokemon FireRed. I was messing around in the Safari Zone when suddenly, shiny Rhyhorn! I immediately threw everything I had at it, and, luck would have it, I caught him! Today, he's a Rhyperior.

The third shiny I ever found was a Nidorina in the Safari Zone on that same cartridge. He ran away, which, was a little disappointing.

I didn't find another shiny until my Soul Silver days. I was, again, messing around in the Safari Zone, when I found a shiny Pidgey. Kinda disappointed it was Pidgey, but hey, a shiny is a shiny! I caught him, and now he's another best buddy of mine, that good ol' Pidgeot! (See a recurring theme here? The Safari Zones loves me.)

No luck in Gen V

I won't go over my fish chain shinies, as they weren't too interesting of a story, but I DO have some other stories of Gen VI.

My first Gen VI shiny was a Loudred in the Friend Safari. I was farming Eevees, and didn't notice he was shiny until I ran away. I was furious. However, today, Goomy has smiled upon me!
I was chaining the grass in Pokemon Village this morning, from around 8-12, and no matter what, I could never break 30 for my chains! I was relatively annoyed the rest of the day, until a stroke of luck hit me in the Friend Safari! A shiny Tyrogue! I was SO overjoyed! Now, he's a Hitmonlee named Tyrone, and I will cherish him forever!

Yaaaay shinies! I'm still hunting Floatzel..
---
#67ZephyrdeltaPosted 11/10/2013 10:30:38 PM
Back in Fire Red I made it a policy to catch the first of every species of Pokemon I found in the wild. One day around the 7th badge it was really late at night and I walked into a new area for the first time and found my first Raticate. The stars scared me but it was so late that I figured I was seeing things. I caught it and noticed that every one I saw after looked different. I found out in school later on that I accidentally caught a shiny. =0
---
3797-6990-6965 3DS FC.
#68BigKevin844Posted 11/11/2013 1:28:26 AM
Just got into a Nuzleaf friend safari, since I didn't have one, and literally the 3rd pokemon, 2nd Nuzleaf that shows up is a SHINY! Brave nature, pickpocket, oh well who cares. It's still cool!
---
3DS FC: 0748 2443 9527
#69Zachparrish98Posted 11/12/2013 4:47:42 PM
My first one was found on my first day of playing Pokemon in 1st grade. It was a shiny wurmple in Emerald and I thought there was a glare on the screen so I killed it. My friend told me it was a shiny right after it died.

A year or 2 later I was playing emerald after I beat it and I decided I wanted to start a new game but not actually erase my old file. When I played I decided to pick treecko because I had never used it before and it was shiny. I was considering starting over, but I thought I would miss my original pokemon and decided to shut the game off.

My next shiny wasn't for a few years when I was randomly surfing in pearl in one for the lakes and found a shiny psyduck, which was the first shiny I caught.

My next shiny was a shiny numel in sapphire last year when I was replaying the game.

All my other shinies have been in this game. On the first day it came out I found a shiny skitty. Then after I beat the game I was in the friend safari I was training against chansey and found a shiny aipom. 30 minutes later I found a shiny loudred in the same safari. My last shiny was when I was hatching lotad eggs looking for a good nature and found a shiny one on my 5th and last egg.
#70Decimator11Posted 11/12/2013 7:06:00 PM
Found a shiny Slakoth in the middle of chaining for one in Pearl during a swarm. I caught the thing with one Quick Ball, transferred it over to Black, and just finished training it to Level 100. Now it sits in a box awaiting Pokebank, after which it will become the only Slaking in my X.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg