This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favorite Anti-lead Pokemon (This gen new pokemon and past gen pokemon)

#21RockmanZeroEXE(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 12:08:21 PM
bump
---
"I've just remembered something...He was not as naive as you are. That's what made him a hero." Zero from RMZ
#22eclipse_exePosted 11/10/2013 12:12:18 PM
RockmanZeroEXE posted...
eclipse_exe posted...
RockmanZeroEXE posted...
eclipse_exe posted...
for me i'd say its ether gardevoir or victini

now here me out, on there own they aren't anti leads yes.. however they have one very valuable thing in gen 5 that makes them fantastic.. access to Trick

hand one a choice scarf ( or if you feel like being risky, a choice specs/band) then if your opponent leads with any of teh following you get to basically take out one pokemon for free

a hazard setter ( ferrothorn,smeargle, galvantula now that sticky web exists)
a sweeper that uses buffs ( scizor and aegislash come to mind)
a staller/wall with healing moves ( blissey, klefki, gliscor.. all are good choices)

its only flaw is in the rare event you run into a lead mega pokemon or a lead with its own choice item.

Well, they're more of an anti-lead since you're aiming to take out the lead's chosen item to disrupt their setup and such

oh its more than just disrupting them.. trick actually swaps the items so what was once a dangerous pokemon that can sweep entire teams is rendered helpless as its now unable to make use of buffing moves, hazzard setup becomes extremely slow, even the mighty klefki is rendered helpless as its no longer able to take advantage of twave > Foul play.. all because you gave them a choice item.. shame it doesn't work on mega stones though, it would have been even better if you prevented them from mega evolving.. and gave you a 2nd chance to mess someones stratagys up.

Yes, I understood this for the most part haha, but what item are you holding then? Cause doesn't it switch both yours and his item?

yes, it switches both. so i basicly start with the choice scarf ( or spec/band if you want more oomph when its not viable to trick turn one) then trick it to the other pokemon, thus forcing that pokemon to be locked into a single move anytime its on the field from then on. no more dancing, no more roosting, basicly anything not a damaging move becomes fairly useless, as they can't use anything else without switching, giving me free turns to do whatever i might need.

i usually end up with leftovers by the end, though i've had cases where i've gotten berrys or focus sashes. the thing that makes this so deadly is that once they've gotten rid of there choice item, they are free to start damaging others with there fairly good special attack and movepools.
---
psn: supersoniccd
White 2 FC: 051967901419
#23RockmanZeroEXE(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 12:24:24 PM
bump
---
"I've just remembered something...He was not as naive as you are. That's what made him a hero." Zero from RMZ
#24Mister_FreedomPosted 11/10/2013 12:26:24 PM
But since anti-leads are used as leads, aren't they still leads?
#25RockmanZeroEXE(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 12:29:08 PM
Mister_Freedom posted...
But since anti-leads are used as leads, aren't they still leads?

Well yes... but you get my point. The purpose of them going first is to stop the lead Pokemon >.<... such as OHKO, or stopping the set up.
---
#26RockmanZeroEXE(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 12:35:34 PM
bump
---
#27XavuuPosted 11/10/2013 12:38:45 PM
I have multiple leads for this purpose.
---
Choice Band STAB surprise Quick Attack; Staraptor.
Currently testing Choice Scarf Staraptor. Will update sig if better.
#28GloryChaosPosted 11/10/2013 12:43:21 PM
Forretress @ mental herb
Ability: Overcoat
252 hp, 144 def, 112 Atk
Relaxed nature
-Rapid spin
-Stealth rock
-Volt switch
-Gyro ball

The result of growing tired of running into suicide leads.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#29YayorNayPosted 11/10/2013 10:10:05 PM
I guess defensive Rotom-w w/will-o-wisp, rest, hydro pump, volt switch and chesto? It takes care of so many threats this gen, if their lead is a talonflame, go for volt switch or hydro pump in case of a ground type. If their lead is aegislash or something hyper offensive, you can take a hit and go for will-o-wisp crippling it. Rotom-w just takes care of so many threats this gen.
#30cmmeachamPosted 11/12/2013 11:42:49 AM
I lead with a dragalge