This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wonder Trade game-breaking "bad egg" glitch?

#1Blue DonkeykongPosted 11/10/2013 10:00:20 AM
I see a bunch of disreputable/no-name sites posting news stories about a wonder trade glitch and bad eggs. However, these sites are ones I am too careful to click due to spyware/malware. What's the story?
#2Inferno05Posted 11/10/2013 10:03:27 AM
One guy has an unknown issue with his 3ds. Any pokemon x or y game in his 3ds and his alone starts with bad eggs in random boxes. his games work normally on another 3ds. He has done it w/o ever turning on wireless, so it's nothing at all to do with WT.

There's the facts on this glitch. If you don't have a bad egg already, you'll likely never see this glitch on your game.
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 Reaga
#3cyborg99sreturnPosted 11/10/2013 10:03:32 AM
Get NoScript/ABP/etc.
Are you living in the 90s?
---
The metal blinds the eye of yet another lost existence...
3DS FC: 1220-7320-2058 PM with yours so I can friend you, too.
#4Other_SelfPosted 11/10/2013 10:05:40 AM
Its just a rumor. There are millions of people playing it right now. If it were real you would see posts and reports everywhere. More likely than not someones game just glitched.
---
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
#5teffyPosted 11/10/2013 10:12:20 AM
I've gotten a total of ONE bad egg from Wonder Trade so far - wasn't aware of it until a bit later (after I was done Wonder Trading). Here's how it works:

1) You do a Wonder Trade with someone. Anyone. It doesn't matter who the trader is or what Pokemon they send you. It appears to be a perfectly normal trade and goes through completely normally.

2) Check your PC later and you may find an egg in the PC labeled "Bad Egg". Releasing it does NOT harm your game, however keeping it will cause damage over time to your boxes (according to others, I released mine immediately on spotting it)

3) The Pokemon you recieved from Wonder Trade is NOT in your PC, nor is the pokemon you sent the other player. This indicates the data got slightly corrupted during transfer (bad checksum maybe?), and does NOT indicate hacking/theft/whatever. It does NOT indicate you have a broken game/damaged/pirated copy somehow.

It's totally, 100% random and probably is caused by a lost packet of data somewhere on the pipeline. It's not game-breaking, happens less than 1% of the time, and has no long-term effects (unless you keep the bad egg, potentially.) There is NO reason to avoid or fear Wonder Trade simply because you MIGHT be in the 1% of 1% of people who encounters a Bad Egg, since if you're Wonder Trading something you were just getting rid of it anyway, right?
#6kirbymaster101Posted 11/10/2013 10:15:13 AM
teffy posted...
I've gotten a total of ONE bad egg from Wonder Trade so far - wasn't aware of it until a bit later (after I was done Wonder Trading). Here's how it works:

1) You do a Wonder Trade with someone. Anyone. It doesn't matter who the trader is or what Pokemon they send you. It appears to be a perfectly normal trade and goes through completely normally.

2) Check your PC later and you may find an egg in the PC labeled "Bad Egg". Releasing it does NOT harm your game, however keeping it will cause damage over time to your boxes (according to others, I released mine immediately on spotting it)

3) The Pokemon you recieved from Wonder Trade is NOT in your PC, nor is the pokemon you sent the other player. This indicates the data got slightly corrupted during transfer (bad checksum maybe?), and does NOT indicate hacking/theft/whatever. It does NOT indicate you have a broken game/damaged/pirated copy somehow.

It's totally, 100% random and probably is caused by a lost packet of data somewhere on the pipeline. It's not game-breaking, happens less than 1% of the time, and has no long-term effects (unless you keep the bad egg, potentially.) There is NO reason to avoid or fear Wonder Trade simply because you MIGHT be in the 1% of 1% of people who encounters a Bad Egg, since if you're Wonder Trading something you were just getting rid of it anyway, right?

Wait a minute., you can release the bad eggs?
---
FC: 3480 - 3168 - 8883 Friend Safari Water: Floatzel, Panpour, Frogadier.
#7Team Rocket Elite(Moderator)Posted 11/10/2013 10:16:56 AM
I don't think you can release Bad Eggs so that person most likely made up the story.
---
No amount of rallying would let me beat raytan7585.
Congrats to raytan7585 for winning the CB9 Guru Contest!
#8teffyPosted 11/10/2013 10:33:55 AM
Team Rocket Elite posted...
I don't think you can release Bad Eggs so that person most likely made up the story.

Nope, it definitely allowed me to release it. I haven't had it occur since but it was... maybe a week after launch that it happened. I got a Bidoof that was a Bad Egg in my PC. I remember this distinctly as it was before I had begun breeding. Maybe Gen VI allows you to release them now? I wasn't aware previous generations didn't allow you to release them.
---
But... you didn't even any sense. At all. - gandob
#9Tigo73Posted 11/10/2013 10:35:35 AM
Team Rocket Elite posted...

Correct, you canīt. The one guy who we know for sure has one said so.
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#10LordVhaerunPosted 11/10/2013 10:37:14 AM(edited)
Wonder Traded Bad Eggs may be releasable if they're flagged as pokemon. Normally, I don't believe you can release eggs; however, if packets are lost in transit and the WT pokemon becomes an egg visually, it's possible the game reads them as a pokemon still - given that's what it was in transit - allowing them to be released.

The guy we know of who had bad eggs never received them in WT, which makes his case unique.
---
Need Friend Safaris in Pokemon X: 3DS FC 0361 - 6539 - 0537. PM me if you add.
Type: Ghost. Pokemon: Phantump, Golurk, Shuppet.