This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just a tad breeding help.

#1ssjlucarioPosted 11/10/2013 4:28:29 PM
Having trouble trying to get a riolu from 4 perfect ivs to 5 perfect ivs. I'm using the destiny knot, but it's been really time consuming.

My Riolu's iv's are xx/31/xx/31/31/31 and I really just want that defense iv on there to complete it (would also be help if it should have perfect 31 hp?) so I was wondering would a power item work?
#2gene94Posted 11/10/2013 4:35:01 PM
the Destiny knot passes the Ivs from the parent so the other parent should have the other IVs you want, otherwise you're getting the same ones you already have. That or you'll get extremely lucky and get them out of pure luck.
---
WiiU ID: Erwin94
3DS FC: 4038-6269-6241 Pokemon Friend Safari: Pumpkaboo, Lampent, Drifblim; Pokemon IGN luna pm me if you add me
#3dmaster342Posted 11/10/2013 4:36:25 PM
Nope, a Power Item won't work with the same IV parents. You're going to need a parent with the IVs you want first and then you can use the Destiny Knot.
---
3DS FC: 3523-2057-7150 PM me if you added me!
#4ssjlucario(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 5:24:32 PM
Okay I'm just starting out breeding so lemmie get these steps straight and I want you guys to tell me if I'm doing it right or wrong.

Say I have a ditto with 31 ivs in spec attack and speed, jolly nature. I want to breed that with a female lucario, who does not have the jolly nature and random 2 perfect iv stats. I attach the everstone to the ditto, then put both these pokemon in the daycare. keeping hatching eggs until I get a female jolly riolu.

Now, here's where I kind of struggle with. Do I HAVE to have a riolu with different stats than the attack and speed iv ditto, and replace it with the Lucario?

So, say I have a riolu that I hatched from the egg, checked it's iv's and has 31 attack, 31 def, and 31 spec d. I attach the destiny knot to the riolu (after evolving it..pain in the ass) put in the daycare with the spec attack and speed (holding the everstone) then I should have a chance to get a riolu with Perfect Ivs in attack, def, speca, spec d, and speed?
#5gene94Posted 11/10/2013 5:30:49 PM(edited)
yup what you said is correct, however if you get another riolu, and it happens to have SpAtk, Speed plus any other IVs put that riolu on the day care instead of ditto so you'll have a higher chance of passing the IVs.
---
3DS FC: 4038-6269-6241 Pokemon Friend Safari: Pumpkaboo, Lampent, Drifblim; Pokemon IGN luna pm me if you add me
#6ssjlucario(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 5:36:50 PM
gene94 posted...
yup what you said is correct, however if you get another riolu, and it happens to have SpAtk, Speed plus any other IVs put that riolu on the day care instead of ditto so you'll have a higher chance of passing the IVs.

Okay so I got a Riolu with say perfect attack, spec attack, spec d, and speed that is jolly, and attach an everstone to it.

Put that in, then put at destiny not on another riolu in with perfect def, and what ever iv that 4 iv riolu has then put it in with that riolu. keep hatching eggs until I get a riolu with perfect 5 ivs in attack,def,speca,specd,and attack?

Do I have the right idea?
#7gene94Posted 11/10/2013 5:43:16 PM
yeah, thats the way to go, the better the parents IVs, the greater chance of getting an offspring with better IVs.
I do have to ask something, why even bother with SpAtk if you're using a jolly nature, if you're going for a mixed set hasty or naive are better choices since they don't lower your SpAtk.
---
#8ssjlucario(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 5:50:08 PM
gene94 posted...
yeah, thats the way to go, the better the parents IVs, the greater chance of getting an offspring with better IVs.
I do have to ask something, why even bother with SpAtk if you're using a jolly nature, if you're going for a mixed set hasty or naive are better choices since they don't lower your SpAtk.

Yeah I just didn't want to damper on it's defenses inspite of it being small I want Lucario to at least live 1 hit if possible. Besides, not running a mixed lucario just attack, but I want the added speed.