This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now that they have PokeBank how about letting me transfer myself to my new game?

#1AquatrezPosted 11/10/2013 6:27:36 PM
It's amazing that we have always been able to transfer over our Pokemon to our new games, so we always have our old friends with us. But it's always really irked me that these Pokemon will forever be considered traded Pokemon just because I originally caught them in a different game.

Now that we have PokeBank which will potentially let us keep and transfer our Pokemon forever, I'd really appreciate a feature which would let me transfer myself, meaning my trainer ID and mayb even appearance (since this is customizable) over to the new game. With all the online support, like PokeBank and GameSync, this should be an easy thing to accomplish without needing a second console.

That way, my Pokemon that I caught 10 years ago and have kept with me all that time, will actually appear as MY Pokemon even in the latest game. I know it's something small, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who cares about this sort of thing. Hell, if they can bother to let us transfer Pokeballs through breeding, why not something like this?

Oh, and 80/80 hehe!
---
3DS Friend Code: 0919-9476-6342
#2ClassyOldHatPosted 11/10/2013 6:30:19 PM
While I do enjoy the EXP boost, at the same time, I'd really like to have them all still be "mine" AT LEAST so I can re-name them.
#3kratos_jadelovePosted 11/10/2013 6:36:53 PM
I would like this as well, although I believe that all the traded Pokémon should officially be ours once we have them. I think that there should be a separate screen (like the ribbon screen) that shows the entire history of who has owned it, with its old names and time traded, etc. on there. I hate not being able to rename the Pokémon, but at the same time, I do like knowing what the old person named it, and, more pertinent to this topic, I have several Pokémon from Platinum that I didn't bother to nickname sitting in my White PC right now that I would love to name. But...It won't happen. Boo.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4382-3010-9002
Lloyd failed to make a sandwich. Not changing this signature until the Namco Tales team brings back fun cooking.
#4Aquatrez(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 6:50:53 PM
Yeah it's obviously too late for Pokemon from older games, but it's something I'd like to see implemented with future games.

And frankly, the trade exp boost is utterly useless now with Lucky Eggs being handed out in-game and the exp boost from Pokemon Amie (a feature I hope never goes away or they at least include the boosts from it in future entries, same with super training).
---
3DS Friend Code: 0919-9476-6342