This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I still don't understand the IV breeding process, even after the guide.

#1Nightstar1994Posted 11/11/2013 12:45:43 AM
So I have two of these Pokemon:

Ditto: Attack, Special Defense, Speed
Larvesta: Attack, Special Attack, Speed

How do I get my Larvesta to inherit the Special Defense from Ditto while keeping all 3 other IV stats (Attack, SP.A and Speed) from it? I gave the Ditto a Power Item that always passes the Special Defense to the baby.

Should I find a different Ditto, considering both my Larvesta and Ditto have the same perfect IVs (Attack and Speed) ?

Hope you can understand this messed up question.
---
Pokemon Y: Schneizel
FC: 4124 - 5013 - 1344
#2hoangvinPosted 11/11/2013 12:52:07 AM
At this point, you shouldn't be using any power item, since you have more than 5 perfect stats with your 2 parents combined. Slap on a Destiny Knot + Everstone (on the pokemon with the desired), and hope you get lucky :)

Here's a tip though, try using a DIFFERENT Ditto and / or Larvesta, as inheriting the perfect "ATK" stat from both your parents is POINTLESS. Larvesta is supposed to be a SPECIAL ATTACKER so the perfect 31 in ATK is going to be useless
---
3DS Friend Code: 2191-8789-4506
Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Snover - Bergmite - Cloyster
#3Nightstar1994(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 12:57:53 AM
Thanks hoangvin. So would it be even better to get both different Ditto and Larvesta that don't have perfect IVs in ATK but have 3 Perfect IVs each?

And

hoangvin posted...
At this point, you shouldn't be using any power item, since you have more than 5 perfect stats with your 2 parents combined. Slap on a Destiny Knot + Everstone (on the pokemon with the desired), and hope you get lucky :)

If only one perfect IV is different between the two parents (who have only 3), would it sitll be able to get 5 perfect, and not only 4?
---
#4hoangvinPosted 11/11/2013 1:03:33 AM
Nightstar1994 posted...
Thanks hoangvin. So would it be even better to get both different Ditto and Larvesta that don't have perfect IVs in ATK but have 3 Perfect IVs each?

And

hoangvin posted...

If only one perfect IV is different between the two parents (who have only 3), would it sitll be able to get 5 perfect, and not only 4?

Yeah, just keep swapping the parents with the ones you breed that have MORE IVs (Ex. Swap your 3IV Ditto for a 4IV Larvesta)

To your 2nd question, yeah its possible. The RNG only chooses 5 / 12 stats from your parents. As you know, pokemon have 6 stats... so the RNG will generate an RANDOM number between 0 - 31 for your last stat. However, the odds of the RNG picking 4 perfect stats from your parents AND THEN generating another 31 is pretty low
---
#5Nightstar1994(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 1:09:03 AM(edited)
The conclusion is then, to not to breed any more Ditto and Larvesta that have Perfect Attack stat and that don't share 2 other perfect stats with each other, right?

So if Ditto had [HP], [Sp. A], SP. D and Larvesta had [Sp. A], Speed and [HP] then they shouldn't be breeded with eachother, because the chance of getting another perfect stat is lower than when the perfect stats would differ.

If you can confirm this, I think it would help me understand things a lot better.
---
#6hoangvinPosted 11/11/2013 1:11:49 AM
Nightstar1994 posted...
The conclusion is then, to not to breed any more Ditto and Larvesta that have Perfect Attack stat and that don't share 2 other perfect stats with each other, right?

If you can confirm this, I think it would help me understand things a lot better.

Yeah sure, if you don't want perfect ATK, then don't have perfect ATK on you parents.

Yeah its BETTER to have overlapping perfect stats between your 2 parents as it gives you a higher chance of inheriting that stat.
---
#7hoangvinPosted 11/11/2013 1:13:23 AM
Nightstar1994 posted...

So if Ditto had [HP], [Sp. A], SP. D and Larvesta had [Sp. A], Speed and [HP] then they shouldn't be breeded with eachother, because the chance of getting another perfect stat is lower than when the perfect stats would differ.

No...., you WANT overlap in the DESIRED stats, as it gives it a HIGHER chance of inheriting that stat
---
#8Nightstar1994(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 1:15:16 AM(edited)
Thanks! This means I need to get both a different Ditto and Larvesta that both don't have perfect ATK and continue from there.

Greetings.
---