This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think that, instead of full remakes, Ruby/Sapphire should get enhanced ports.

#1Solar_CrimsonPosted 11/11/2013 6:17:13 AM(edited)
Released on the eShop at that.

They could add in Emerald's additions as well as keeping what made Ruby/Sapphire distinct from one another (namely the Pokemon availability and what sides Team Magma and Team Aqua are on). I could see:
-Touch-screen functionality for the menus and battle commands, as well as expanding the main game interface to take up the entire top screen.
-As mentioned, some Emerald-specific locations present in the game, such as Team Magma's base on Mt. Chimney, Mirage Tower, and Battle Frontier. However, the Contest Halls would remain where they were in RuSa and not be replace with those Battle Facilities.
-Gym Leader rematches (and thus, Match Call).
-Pokemon battle animations taken from Emerald.
-Mixing records done through StreetPass, as well as with your Friends through SpotPass.
-Reusable TMs, since that appears to be the norm now.
-Wireless capabilities, including some online functionality; not as robust as X/Y's, but would include (of course) battling and trading with friends, as well as the GTS and Random Match-up (both Free and Ranked). Game Sync would also be available.
-Compatibility with Pokemon Bank; of course, Pokemon, Pokemon with moves, and Pokemon with Abilities that did not exist in 3rd Gen would not be able to transferred to these games.

Everything else would remain as they were in Ruby/Sapphire, including the lack of the Physical/Special split and the lack of the Fairy-type.

...Hell, they could also do this for possible remakes of FireRed/LeafGreen (actually, they'd be better off doing this with FRLG before RuSa, due to how much stuff Emerald added).

Either way, going the way of an enhanced port as opposed to a full-blown remake saves times and resources better utilized for making all new games. At least, that's what I think.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
3DS FC: 1504-6082-4629 | PSN: SolarCrimson
#2gofghxgPosted 11/11/2013 6:18:58 AM
No, needs full remakes. And They should just remake emerald instead of ruby and sapphire.
---
I'm not saying He's batman, I'm just saying no-ones ever seen Darth Vader and batman in the same room together.
#3Tigo73Posted 11/11/2013 6:20:59 AM
I personally donīt see why they couldnīt put all these features IN a full remake.
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#4Enix BelmontPosted 11/11/2013 6:22:33 AM
Please no. Physical/Special split is the best thing to happen to the series.
---
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.
#5Tali_ZorahPosted 11/11/2013 6:23:46 AM
gofghxg posted...
No, needs full remakes. And They should just remake emerald instead of ruby and sapphire.

If they ever remake Gen 3, I imagine it'd be like HGSS, remaking Ruby and Sapphire but having them both follow the story of Emerald.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5043 1777 9788
Safari pokemon: Grumpig, Girafarig, Woboffet. PM me if you add me.
#6fawful_XPosted 11/11/2013 6:24:27 AM
No full remake, no deal.
---
I AM DEATH INCARNATE! NOW BOW BEFORE ME, MOR- Wait, are those cupcakes? Can I please have one, and be petted as well?
3DS FC: 0559-6813-5961
#7ClownRoyalPosted 11/11/2013 8:39:16 AM
This is literally the worst idea I've heard on this board. Think about that for a second.
#8MaruKazeryuPosted 11/11/2013 8:42:45 AM
Enix Belmont posted...
Please no. Physical/Special split is the best thing to happen to the series.

---
4639-9811-6534 -Pokemon X/Y Friend Code. PM if you add. Trainer name: Marii
Friend Safari: Grumpig, Sigilyph, Girafarig
#9CedlowPosted 11/11/2013 8:52:58 AM
Now and what way would this be better then a full remake? Just curious because if I was reading this correctly then you said we wouldn't have access to 3 generations worth of pokemon or the physical special split. c:
---
3DS FC- 2981-5785-3794
Pokemon white 2 FC-2838-7906-7636
#10Zetsuei_8823Posted 11/11/2013 8:55:10 AM(edited)
No thanks. I'd rather they just port over R/S/E in the e-Shop.

I demand a worthy 3DS remake, Kalos/XY-style. I'd love to see Emerald, exactly as it was on the GBA, only, of course, 3DS-ified. The opening? Ruby riding his bike with the Flygon and the Manectric and such. Rayquaza descending to calm the two quarreling titans in Sootopolis? 3D and fancy and awesome.

I also miss all the nice extras Emerald gave us. I loved the Frontier in the game, and Contests were still around... OH! SECRET BASES! Yaaaay~
---
- NuclearSpark -
3DS FC: 2191-8257-7635; IGN Sergei