This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think that, instead of full remakes, Ruby/Sapphire should get enhanced ports.

#11vital_tundraPosted 11/11/2013 8:57:01 AM
What a terrible idea. No physical special split? Way to make half the Pokemon unviable again.
---
3DS friend code: 1848-2159-5405 (Richie)
#12pokemonfreak97Posted 11/11/2013 9:01:27 AM
How are these not remakes, except for the part where you kicked every Poochyena ever by getting rid of the physical-special split and made the hard-to-find Jigglypuff exactly as not-worth-it as it was in the original RS?
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#13SlimeStackPosted 11/11/2013 9:02:58 AM
I'll never understand why people want to see ports instead of remakes all the time (unless it's like a quick smartphone port or a virtual console release etc). We already played RSE on the GBA, there's no reason to experience the GBA feel again.
---
Blah.
#14CedlowPosted 11/11/2013 9:04:40 AM
Zetsuei_8823 posted...
No thanks. I'd rather they just port over R/S/E in the e-Shop.

I demand a worthy 3DS remake, Kalos/XY-style. I'd love to see Emerald, exactly as it was on the GBA, only, of course, 3DS-ified. The opening? Ruby riding his bike with the Flygon and the Manectric and such. Rayquaza descending to calm the two quarreling titans in Sootopolis? 3D and fancy and awesome.

I also miss all the nice extras Emerald gave us. I loved the Frontier in the game, and Contests were still around... OH! SECRET BASES! Yaaaay~

Emerald battle frontier is still my favorite post game to this day I never did get all the symbols but it did get me into EV training. The platinum battle frontier was just not as diverse. And the PWT got boring after awhile in b2/w2
---
3DS FC- 2981-5785-3794
Pokemon white 2 FC-2838-7906-7636
#15DigitalIncisionPosted 11/11/2013 9:06:38 AM
ClownRoyal posted...
This is literally the worst idea I've heard on this board. Think about that for a second.

---
Digi
Board 8 Late Night Crew [LNC]
#16Elec Man EXEPosted 11/11/2013 9:17:29 AM
Why would someone want an upgraded port with the new features of the newer games like touch screen ect but without the new mechanics (phys / spec split) or pokemon from the new games?

If anything, I would think the latter would be more important for an upgraded port. Those are the things that would really make the games feel current and upgraded, the others are just bells and whistles.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
3DS FC: 3239-2743-8918 Pokemon Y Safari: Fraxure, Sliggoo, Dragonair
#17RatheVPosted 11/11/2013 9:19:37 AM
DigitalIncision posted...
ClownRoyal posted...
This is literally the worst idea I've heard on this board. Think about that for a second.
#18DMGirlPosted 11/11/2013 9:39:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19DigitalIncisionPosted 11/11/2013 9:39:50 AM
DMGirl posted...
vital_tundra posted...
What a terrible idea. No physical special split? Way to make half the Pokemon unviable again.

What makes you think it would get rid of the split? I'm pretty sure they could implement it in a port/remake.

I wpuld personally prefer a remake, but just about any R/S/E thing will do.

read the opening post
---
Digi
Board 8 Late Night Crew [LNC]
#20DMGirlPosted 11/11/2013 9:42:52 AM
DigitalIncision posted...
DMGirl posted...
vital_tundra posted...

What makes you think it would get rid of the split? I'm pretty sure they could implement it in a port/remake.

I wpuld personally prefer a remake, but just about any R/S/E thing will do.

read the opening post

Just noticed after posting. I guess I missed it. Sorry.
---
If you fully love and believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, please put this as your signature. I'm proud to believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior.