This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I doing something wrong with breeding

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Am I doing something wrong with breeding
3 years ago#1
So I'm using 2 5iv pokes one holding destiny knot and the other holding everstone, with same stats to get more.

but instead of getting more 5 iv I'm getting pokes with 1-3 iv sometimes 4. What gives I thought I was guarantee 5 iv getting passed down with same iv parents had
and guess what you just read my sig
3 years ago#2
Parents combined have 12ivs. Destiny knot chooses 5/12
0318-7780-9576 ign Ryan
psychic abra espurr gothorita
3 years ago#3
5 iv's are passed down from both parents, not only from the parent that holds the destiny knot
SSB4 Wishlist: Lucina (FE:A), Ashley (Wario Ware), Mewtwo (Pokemon)
Pokemon Y: Shu 3866-8002-1412
3 years ago#4
Probably getting 2 of the parents bad ivs, so unless the parents have exactly the same perfect IV's, chances are you're going to get at least 3 good IV's
3DS FC : 4527-8599-7039
Pokemon X : Ryuu
3 years ago#5
You have to be doing something wrong if you're getting less than 4 IV pokemon if both your parents have the same 5 IVs.

If they have different 5 IVs (say one is missing attack and the other is missing speed), even then the lowest you'd be getting is 3 IVed pokemon.

If not, just keep at it. It's a 1/6 chance of getting a 5 IV kid.
FC: 2552 - 1673 - 3935, Trainer Name: Statis
3 years ago#6
If you have perfect 6iv Pokemon for male and female it should always be 5ivs perfect/imperfect
but lets say you have a male scyther and female scyther both perfect except for speed. You can have destiny knot choose speed from both of them which will leave you with a 3iv ya digg??
0318-7780-9576 ign Ryan
psychic abra espurr gothorita
3 years ago#7
Thing is I'm using 2 pokes that have an iv of 31/x/31/31/31/31 so with destiny knot if it chooses 5 out of 12 iv why are the babies coming out with 1-3 iv instead of always 5 iv

And 3 iv I can understand with that logic but 1-2 iv really
3 years ago#8
GoldSupersonic posted...
Thing is I'm using 2 pokes that have an iv of 31/x/31/31/31/31 so with destiny knot if it chooses 5 out of 12 iv why are the babies coming out with 1-3 iv instead of always 5 iv

It's a chance. Not always a guarantee.

I have a 6 IV'd Noibat breeding with a 5 IV'd Noibat and I don't even get 5 IV'd noibats all the time but the chances are much higher than breeding with 2 parents with 5 IV's. Hell, you'd get babies with just 2 perfect IV's. It's all luck, really.
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9412/comeatmebro1.png
didn't america win the civil war? - lunarknight64 (Posted 11/10/2009 3:15:32 PM)
3 years ago#9
GoldSupersonic posted...

And 3 iv I can understand with that logic but 1-2 iv really

Then you're doing something wrong. Either your parents don't have the IVs you think they have or Destiny Knot is not equipped.
FC: 2552 - 1673 - 3935, Trainer Name: Statis
3 years ago#10
Yeah I'm sure they have same iv and holding destiny knot does it matter if poke are different species or not cause I'm using male agron with female kangaskan
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Am I doing something wrong with breeding

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived