This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I doing something wrong with breeding

#11bolandiiPosted 11/11/2013 6:01:32 AM
its a chance
---
Arsenal
#12SaintparaPosted 11/11/2013 6:21:21 AM
Shyvana posted...
GoldSupersonic posted...
Thing is I'm using 2 pokes that have an iv of 31/x/31/31/31/31 so with destiny knot if it chooses 5 out of 12 iv why are the babies coming out with 1-3 iv instead of always 5 iv

It's a chance. Not always a guarantee.

I have a 6 IV'd Noibat breeding with a 5 IV'd Noibat and I don't even get 5 IV'd noibats all the time but the chances are much higher than breeding with 2 parents with 5 IV's. Hell, you'd get babies with just 2 perfect IV's. It's all luck, really.

I don't see how that is even slightly possible. If the mother has 6 and the father has 5, the worst case scenario is it chooses the father's bad stat as one of the five, then randoms a good stat, meaning a 4IV Pokemon is the weakest child possible. If both parents had 6 IVs, it would not be mathematically possible to get a baby with less than five IVs.
---
FC: 1736-0592-7050 (Saintess) (FS: Grumpig, Girafarig, Sigilyph)
"Is there a barista in here? Because this roast just got DARK!" - Andy Samberg
#13ShyvanaPosted 11/11/2013 6:25:30 AM
Saintpara posted...
Shyvana posted...
GoldSupersonic posted...
Thing is I'm using 2 pokes that have an iv of 31/x/31/31/31/31 so with destiny knot if it chooses 5 out of 12 iv why are the babies coming out with 1-3 iv instead of always 5 iv

I have a 6 IV'd Noibat breeding with a 5 IV'd Noibat and I don't even get 5 IV'd noibats all the time but the chances are much higher than breeding with 2 parents with 5 IV's. Hell, you'd get babies with just 2 perfect IV's. It's all luck, really.

I don't see how that is even slightly possible. If the mother has 6 and the father has 5, the worst case scenario is it chooses the father's bad stat as one of the five, then randoms a good stat, meaning a 4IV Pokemon is the weakest child possible. If both parents had 6 IVs, it would not be mathematically possible to get a baby with less than five IVs.

Probably back luck on my end. Most of the pokes that were coming out were mostly 4 IV'd and just rarely with 3. There were some 5 IV'd pokes but that was uncommon compared to everything else.
---
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9412/comeatmebro1.png
didn't america win the civil war? - lunarknight64 (Posted 11/10/2009 3:15:32 PM)
#14leafgreenPosted 11/11/2013 7:06:51 AM
Saintpara posted...
Shyvana posted...
GoldSupersonic posted...

It's a chance not a guarantee. Irrc and mathematically it would be possble to get baby with less then 5 iv with 2 6 iv child
---
3ds fc 4897-6971-5176
Pokemon y ign Maria
#15frozen_keeshPosted 11/11/2013 7:37:51 AM
TC go check if your pokemon actually have the destiny knot on them, or just breed a lot more eggs to see if it keeps happening.

And check the parents IVs at the kiloude city guy.
#16dmaster342Posted 11/11/2013 1:33:20 PM
leafgreen posted...
Saintpara posted...
Shyvana posted...
GoldSupersonic posted...

It's a chance not a guarantee. Irrc and mathematically it would be possble to get baby with less then 5 iv with 2 6 iv child

How would you get less than 5 IVs on babies from two 6 of 6 IV parents?

I'd actually really like to know because that seems mathematically impossible to me.

From my experience of hatching 1000+ eggs, the Destiny Knot does not "double down" and pick two stats in the same category (like HP on both parents). If it did, the chance of getting a 6 IV baby from two different 5 IV parents would not be around 1/200 but would be way worse.
---
3DS FC: 3523-2057-7150 PM me if you added me!
#17ryanmushroomsPosted 11/11/2013 7:41:01 PM
Saintpara posted...
Shyvana posted...
GoldSupersonic posted...

it is possible. Each Pokemon has 6ivs. It chooses 5 from both it could choose both attacks and both defenses and one speed.
---
0318-7780-9576 ign Ryan
psychic abra espurr gothorita