This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I doing something wrong with breeding

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Am I doing something wrong with breeding

User Info: bolandii

bolandii
3 years ago#11
its a chance
Arsenal

User Info: Saintpara

Saintpara
3 years ago#12
Shyvana posted...
GoldSupersonic posted...
Thing is I'm using 2 pokes that have an iv of 31/x/31/31/31/31 so with destiny knot if it chooses 5 out of 12 iv why are the babies coming out with 1-3 iv instead of always 5 iv

It's a chance. Not always a guarantee.

I have a 6 IV'd Noibat breeding with a 5 IV'd Noibat and I don't even get 5 IV'd noibats all the time but the chances are much higher than breeding with 2 parents with 5 IV's. Hell, you'd get babies with just 2 perfect IV's. It's all luck, really.

I don't see how that is even slightly possible. If the mother has 6 and the father has 5, the worst case scenario is it chooses the father's bad stat as one of the five, then randoms a good stat, meaning a 4IV Pokemon is the weakest child possible. If both parents had 6 IVs, it would not be mathematically possible to get a baby with less than five IVs.
FC: 1736-0592-7050 (Saintess) (FS: Grumpig, Girafarig, Sigilyph)
"Is there a barista in here? Because this roast just got DARK!" - Andy Samberg

User Info: Shyvana

Shyvana
3 years ago#13
Saintpara posted...
Shyvana posted...
GoldSupersonic posted...
Thing is I'm using 2 pokes that have an iv of 31/x/31/31/31/31 so with destiny knot if it chooses 5 out of 12 iv why are the babies coming out with 1-3 iv instead of always 5 iv

I have a 6 IV'd Noibat breeding with a 5 IV'd Noibat and I don't even get 5 IV'd noibats all the time but the chances are much higher than breeding with 2 parents with 5 IV's. Hell, you'd get babies with just 2 perfect IV's. It's all luck, really.

I don't see how that is even slightly possible. If the mother has 6 and the father has 5, the worst case scenario is it chooses the father's bad stat as one of the five, then randoms a good stat, meaning a 4IV Pokemon is the weakest child possible. If both parents had 6 IVs, it would not be mathematically possible to get a baby with less than five IVs.

Probably back luck on my end. Most of the pokes that were coming out were mostly 4 IV'd and just rarely with 3. There were some 5 IV'd pokes but that was uncommon compared to everything else.
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9412/comeatmebro1.png
didn't america win the civil war? - lunarknight64 (Posted 11/10/2009 3:15:32 PM)

User Info: leafgreen

leafgreen
3 years ago#14
Saintpara posted...
Shyvana posted...
GoldSupersonic posted...

It's a chance not a guarantee. Irrc and mathematically it would be possble to get baby with less then 5 iv with 2 6 iv child
3ds fc 4897-6971-5176
Pokemon y ign Maria

User Info: frozen_keesh

frozen_keesh
3 years ago#15
TC go check if your pokemon actually have the destiny knot on them, or just breed a lot more eggs to see if it keeps happening.

And check the parents IVs at the kiloude city guy.

User Info: dmaster342

dmaster342
3 years ago#16
leafgreen posted...
Saintpara posted...
Shyvana posted...
GoldSupersonic posted...

It's a chance not a guarantee. Irrc and mathematically it would be possble to get baby with less then 5 iv with 2 6 iv child

How would you get less than 5 IVs on babies from two 6 of 6 IV parents?

I'd actually really like to know because that seems mathematically impossible to me.

From my experience of hatching 1000+ eggs, the Destiny Knot does not "double down" and pick two stats in the same category (like HP on both parents). If it did, the chance of getting a 6 IV baby from two different 5 IV parents would not be around 1/200 but would be way worse.
3DS FC: 3523-2057-7150 PM me if you added me!

User Info: ryanmushrooms

ryanmushrooms
3 years ago#17
Saintpara posted...
Shyvana posted...
GoldSupersonic posted...

it is possible. Each Pokemon has 6ivs. It chooses 5 from both it could choose both attacks and both defenses and one speed.
0318-7780-9576 ign Ryan
psychic abra espurr gothorita
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Am I doing something wrong with breeding

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived