This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What types really deserve a buff in future generations?

#1RollerBobPosted 11/11/2013 11:49:24 AM
Title says it all.

For me, 6 types:
- Poison: Wow, Gamefreaks really must hates this type. It started as super-effective against Grass and Bug, but then in Gen 2, they removed the effectiveness to Bug in addition of being screwed over by Steel. Only in Gen 6 did Poison get a buff by being a good type against Fairy. For Gen 7, not only should they bring back super-effectiveness to Bug, since Bug already deals 1/2 damage to Poison, but also another super-effectiveness. I was thinking Water due to how toxins can damage water ecosystems very quickly.

- Ice: Gamefreaks seemed to have neglected this type as well, since a lot of Ice types were dual types. It took them up to Gen 3 to add pure Ice types like Snorunt, Ghalie and Regice. Ice is only resistant against Ice. I believe that Ice needs to be resistant to Water, because while Water attacks technically means that they are hotter than Ice, what about that water freezes on contact with ice because it flash-freezes it? So that's why I could see Ice resisting Water. Scald could become a water/fire type move, like Flying Press is a flying/fighting type move.

- Grass: The major problem I have with Grass is that they often don't have access to the Type that would make them decent: Rock. It can take versions for them to get decent Rock moves in order to take out 4 of their 5 weaknesses. Yes, there's Hidden Power, but unless they add an option to manually indicate and choose which type this attack can be, I'll stick to standard ones.

- Fairy: No, it's not for the type chart, but for the fact that they only have 6 attacks and only one is Physical. Maybe they could double that amount in Gen 7.

- Fire: Once again, it's about the moves. As a buff, it should get more Physical attacks, in addition of making these Physical attacks more available via TMs, Egg Moves and/or Tutors.

- Psychic: Finally, another type that deserves more moves. More Physical attacks, in fact, more attacks regardless of kind. It has a lot of non-damaging ones, but surprisingly, less attacks.

So, which types deserve a buff?
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#2RockmanZeroEXEPosted 11/11/2013 11:50:41 AM
Grass and Ice please. Glaceon and Leafeon need some love.
---
"I've just remembered something...He was not as naive as you are. That's what made him a hero." Zero from RMZ
#3RotomGuy3Posted 11/11/2013 11:52:00 AM
Psychic needs to be immune to Confusion.

Ice needs to resist Water, Ice, Dragon and Grass.
---
My 3DS FC
Rotom: 3308-5985-4794
#4Sloth9230Posted 11/11/2013 11:52:40 AM
No bug? *leaves topic*
---
Ditto friend safari: Post in this thread if you want me to add you http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000458-pokemon-x-y-trading/67782310 (Do not message me)
#5Sloth9230Posted 11/11/2013 11:53:22 AM
RotomGuy3 posted...
Psychic needs to be immune to Confusion.

Ice needs to resist Water, Ice, Dragon and Grass.

No.
---
Ditto friend safari: Post in this thread if you want me to add you http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000458-pokemon-x-y-trading/67782310 (Do not message me)
#6AdumiganPosted 11/11/2013 11:53:31 AM
Sloth9230 posted...
No bug? *leaves topic*
#7lambchipsPosted 11/11/2013 11:54:19 AM
Poison, dark and ground (nerf earthquake and make more ground moves that are exclusive to ground pokemons)
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#8DexterTheThirdPosted 11/11/2013 11:54:29 AM
+ Give Water a Poison Weakness
+ Give Ice a Water Resistance, let Hail work like Sandstorm for buffing Defense, and spread Freeze Dry to more Ice types

That's it. Basically, take Water down a peg or two.
---
Formerly known as Hero Fly Chao. 3DS FC - 0087 2307 1826
"Dex I love you but sometimes you make me wanna vomit" - vidgameking84
#9Slayerblade11Posted 11/11/2013 12:00:31 PM(edited)
I agree with most of this, but poison and grass don't need any more buffs. Poison should be a poor offensive type because how good it is defensively. Not sure what you mean about grass type needing rock moves for coverage? Most grass types are supporters, they don't need that much coverage.
---
3DS FC: 0774- 4438 - 6716
IGN-X
#10kitsuruPosted 11/11/2013 12:06:25 PM
Ice and Rock. Refrigerate would be so anazing on Auroros if not for that typing...

Vespiquen, Volcarona, and Vivillion have set good trends for bugs (Flying in Volcarona's case) that I'd like to see continued. Fairy is excellent on the typing chart, but I'd like to see more of a variety (and stronger stats on some future Fairies). Poison got a nice buff in being great against Fairy, but I'd like to see it buffed even more.

The grass-water-fire trio... I'd like to see more coverage and new dual-typings in future gens. I was thrilled with the typings for the starters this time around, Gogoat is one of my favorites thanks to that moveset, and grass really deserved that spore immunity, but I know GF can do more. I'm happy to see more and more early-route pokemon being viable, though.

I'd also like to see a more viable gimmick pokemon sometime. Imposter was amazing for Ditto, but others like Smeargle still end up iffy at best.
---
Code: 3136-6781-4024(Mawile, Clefki, and Forretress). PM IF YOU ADD!
Official Delphox of the Pokemon X and Y boards.