This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What types really deserve a buff in future generations?

#21Companion_Cube_Posted 11/11/2013 1:06:39 PM
Ice, Grass, Dark.

That's really it.
---
Pokemon Y Friend Safari Pokemon: Dedenne, Electabuzz, Zebstricka
3DS FC: 3024 - 5019 - 8681 (PM me to add me)
#22wookieworker89Posted 11/11/2013 1:07:12 PM
Flying...aside fom Ground immunity it's a rather lackluster type.
Bug, Grass, Fighting....all of which have much better counters (Fire, Psychic, Fairy, etc)
What would I do to buff it?...not the slightest of clues...but all I know, is I rarely use it aside from EQ immunity. (even that is meh considering being part flying kills you with SR)

the other type (aside from Bug & poison...which is a whole different arguement) that needs a buff is Dark.
---
FC:4527-8507-9518 If you play Pokemon, PM me yours so I can add you.
Flying Safari: Fletchinder, Hoothoot, Pidgey
#23RollerBob(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 1:15:37 PM
duh555 posted...
Slayerblade11 posted...
RollerBob posted...
Slayerblade11 posted...
Not sure what you mean about grass type needing rock moves for coverage? Most grass types are supporters, they don't need that much coverage.

Kinda hard to support when you have a Pokémon with 5 glaring weaknesses...

That's just me though...

Yeah but you can't just list the number of weaknesses a type has and say it's bad. Grass has 5 weaknesses but 3 of them (flying, bug and poison) are all uncommon attacking types. Fire only has 3 weaknesses but all three are to some of the most common attacking types in the game.

shhhh, we wouldn't wanna educate the people in this thread that just look at type charts and take them at face value

Well, it might sound n00bish, but a LOT of people will make offensive movesets with whatever Pokémon they catch. Yes, some people will make defensive or support movesets, but let's face it: many players will often go for attacks that will cover their weaknesses and STAB. It's like some kind of reflex. That you decide to follow it or not is up to you, but it's still a common practice, especially for those who don't follow much of the metagame and competitions.

Even if Flying, Bug and Poison are all uncommon attacking types, your Grass will still get screwed by a well-placed Drill Peck, X-Scissor or Sludge Bomb.

Puppyfaic posted...
Fire could use more physical moves in its arsenal, simply for the sake of Flareon. He has such a high attack stat but nothing good to work with.

It has Flare Blitz now. However, Flareon's glaring weaknesses are its low stats beside Attack. Its speed is low, and both its Defense and Special Defense are low. I honestly would like a defensive boost so it can withstand at least one attack before fainting.
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#24RollerBob(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 1:18:05 PM
I read Dark a lot. Care to explain why?

For me, it seems like it covers the most annoying types in the games, Psychic and Ghost. In Gen 1, many Pokémon could learn Psychic and Gengar was a pain to deal with. In Gen 2, Dark came out almost as a savior.

For those who say that Dark need a buff, care to expand your thoughts on that statement?
---
#25ouchalargerockPosted 11/11/2013 1:19:34 PM
Why is everyone ignoring Dark-Types?

They have are super-effective on two types, and they only resist themselves, and are immune to Phychic, but that is irrelevant since Focus Blast.
---
Feel free to disagree
My new blog: http://videogamesviability.blogspot.com/
#26AysanderPosted 11/11/2013 1:20:11 PM
Ice -- Somehow, GF conceptualized this as a bulky, slow type...and yet it has weaknesses to a huge pool of common attacking types, and very little in the way of good priority moves to play their counter role properly. The only priority Ice move is Ice Shard, which is 40 power, and thinly distributed. In fact, only mamoswine makes a good use of it. Sneasle/Weavile suffer due to 4x weakness to fighting and severe frailty, whilst Abomasnow seems to generally be better off using special moves than physical. Best buff I think they could give ice is give them a resistance to water, while adding a priority physical and special move with 50~65 BP and a small drawback.

Bug and Grass -- I paired these two up because if you look at the average movepool of a grass-type, they can never fulfill a role outside support, due to having very limited coverage, and their usual moves only being truly good against Rock, Water, and Ground types. Grass starters are equally infamous for this; Meganium learns very few moves outside the grass type, and Liligant has to rely on HP to have any form of coverage. Basically -- give them some extra coverage.
---
3DSxl FC: 3411-1479-0080
#27RollerBob(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 1:37:59 PM
Aysander posted...
Bug and Grass -- I paired these two up because if you look at the average movepool of a grass-type, they can never fulfill a role outside support, due to having very limited coverage, and their usual moves only being truly good against Rock, Water, and Ground types. Grass starters are equally infamous for this; Meganium learns very few moves outside the grass type, and Liligant has to rely on HP to have any form of coverage. Basically -- give them some extra coverage.

What do you have in mind?
---
#28AkazoraPosted 11/11/2013 1:41:24 PM
RollerBob posted...
I read Dark a lot. Care to explain why?

For me, it seems like it covers the most annoying types in the games, Psychic and Ghost. In Gen 1, many Pokémon could learn Psychic and Gengar was a pain to deal with. In Gen 2, Dark came out almost as a savior.

For those who say that Dark need a buff, care to expand your thoughts on that statement?

Psychic and ghost weren't inherently overpowered as types. In generation 1 and 2, it was Alakhazam specifically who was overpowered, and I guess Mewtwo but its a legendary, of course its going to be.

The release of Dark didn't really help with that; Umbreon couldn't be hurt by psychic, but couldn't do much to them either. Its been a long time since I played G/S, but weren't the remaining dark pokemon all post E4?
#29duh555Posted 11/11/2013 1:54:11 PM
lol why should dark being created to slow down psychics from gen 1 have any relevance in giving it a boost TODAY? yes we get it, you know your history lesson of why darks were originally created. that doesn't mean squat today though in a world where the only darks that are OU (ie tyranitar and hydrogein) are only such because of their 600 BST. dark typing just plain sucks
---
IGN = Christopher: 1762 3062 9479
#30MetleonPosted 11/11/2013 1:57:54 PM
Ice and Psychic. I feel the other types have enough of a buff (Grass is immune to Powders, Poison is an even better defensive type and a decent offensive type, and Fire is fine with that extra resist).
---
3DS FC: 5257 - 9998 - 2632
Pokemon Y Name: Benjamin