This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Swallow of Stockpile count as a stat reduction that activates a White Herb?

#1BossBangPosted 11/11/2013 12:27:27 PM(edited)
80/80!

I'm trying to make my Drifblim the ultimate Baton Passer.

Minimize, Stockpile, Calm Mind are all really great for my team. With unburden, I can simultaneously pass a Speed boost.

Drifblim will sustain damage setting up so I was wondering:

if I could throw a White Herb on him, could he Swallow the Stockpile and heal, nullify the stat reduction with White Herb, and actually GAIN a speed boost with Unburden from consuming the White Herb?
---
Its totally fine, sir. I seem to do quite well for a stretch and then at the end of the sentence I say the wrong cranberry.
#2KonyunaPosted 11/11/2013 12:27:00 PM
I'm mostly sure he can, so yes.

Could be wrong though.

But taunt would absolutely wreck that moveset however.
#3FelixZAPosted 11/11/2013 12:29:54 PM
I don't think you can pass an Unburden speed boost.
---
FC: 0920 0781 7806
XBL:Felix N Phoenix PSN:FelixFelice Wii:Felix/3652-0173-5553
#4BossBang(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 12:30:07 PM
If so that is an extremely powerful combo.

You could basically boost, then heal off damage from the turn and get a free speed buff all at the same time.

I guess I could run Ominous Wind for a stab attack move, that could throw me some stats every now and then to pass on.
---
Its totally fine, sir. I seem to do quite well for a stretch and then at the end of the sentence I say the wrong cranberry.
#5BossBang(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 12:31:23 PM
FelixZA posted...
I don't think you can pass an Unburden speed boost.

I think this would be definitely worth testing.
---
#6Knux19Posted 11/11/2013 12:34:59 PM
http://www.smogon.com/bw/abilities/unburden

According to Smogon, this isn't a staged stat boost and is incapable of being Baton Passed. This is from the Gen V notes, so you can test it in Generation VI, but don't get your hopes up.
---
Pants are not a "group activity"
#7BossBang(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 12:35:46 PM
Hmm while we're talking about Stockpile, can you baton pass your Stockpile number? "Snorlax Stockpiled 3!"

So that Swallow used by the baton recipient gives a full health regeneration?
---
#8BossBang(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 12:45:55 PM
Bumpin!
---
#9BossBang(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 12:56:10 PM
One more try! >_>
---