This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Apparently breeding a Shiny Snorlax is easier than breeding a female one.

#1slashmastersPosted 11/11/2013 12:02:37 PM
I bred around 40 eggs, all of them being male.
Afterwards, I went to go release the male Snorlax I just hatched, and noticed this star on its status page.
I compared it to another Snorlax I have, and what do you know?
It's SHINY!!!

Omg, I hatched like 10 more eggs, still have yet to hatch a female Snorlax.
---
Currently Eating: Nothing
FC 3368-1375-1648 *** 3DS Name: Al *** Trainer Name: Fang
#2PaperPieXxPosted 11/12/2013 5:25:03 AM
Wow I wish I would be that lucky haha :D
#3RawrchuPosted 11/12/2013 5:45:08 AM
I'm having the opposite problem. All the snorlax I've encountered are female. And I've only seen 2 males and I accidentally fainted them trying to lower the hp to catch them
#4banjo kazooiePosted 11/12/2013 5:51:06 AM
I don't get why anyone would favour male Pokemon save with certain gender-based model differences. I especially do not get people favouring a gender of Pokemon for in-game when gender differences do not apply. I do not see a reason for this.
---
That's strange because reading it gave me Shonen level powers, a spiked hair cut, and Lupus. - SwordMasterEX
#5EscheriaPosted 11/12/2013 5:58:19 AM
You're just having terrible luck with females and great luck with shinies ^_^;
---
3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834
Pokemon IGN X: Esch (EN) Y: LISA (DE) | Safari: Quagsire, Bibarel, Poliwhirl | Meadow Vivillon
#6sunshinesanPosted 11/12/2013 7:32:16 AM
Reminds me of a friend who tried finding a heracross in Gold and Silver, ended up finding a shiny aipom instead.
---
My power is maximum.
#7Mosjober16Posted 11/13/2013 7:08:18 PM
Im trying to breed for one, i actually prefer female cuz it reminds me of my cat named ginger, (which was a perfect name since she is really mean and has no temper) its just a personal connection but i highly doubt the gender affects anything
---
your breath smells like a skunk climbed out of the sewer went in your mouth farted, died then farted again - curebadbreath
#8Lil_PuddinPosted 11/14/2013 1:38:09 PM
It took me over 100 Eevees to get a female one, so yeah. Then from that 100 it took ANOTHER 50-80 (I lost count) to get a decent female one. Literally all the males before the first 3 females had perfect special attack IVs. Then the first 3 females I got had subpar/0 special attack IVs.

Spending 10 hours on just that one Pokemon reminded me why I preferred hacking.
---
I juss dun understayand.
#9Sloth9230Posted 11/14/2013 1:40:38 PM
banjo kazooie posted...
I don't get why anyone would favour male Pokemon save with certain gender-based model differences. I especially do not get people favouring a gender of Pokemon for in-game when gender differences do not apply. I do not see a reason for this.

Because, shut up, we all know what your getting at, drop it.
#10banjo kazooiePosted 11/14/2013 7:08:21 PM
Sloth9230 posted...
banjo kazooie posted...

Because, shut up, we all know what your getting at, drop it.

Does the very suggestion offend you? Can you think of a reason other than the suggestion as to why?
---
That's strange because reading it gave me Shonen level powers, a spiked hair cut, and Lupus. - SwordMasterEX