This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In general, which pokemon is better for offensive EV and which for defensive?

#121_21Posted 11/11/2013 1:36:55 PM
In general, which pokemon is it better to invest in defensive stats over offensive ones and vice versa?
---
Playing: Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies, Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand, Pokemon Y
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!
#2Kirby_GuruPosted 11/11/2013 1:37:52 PM
Generally put defensive EVs into your defensive Pokemon. Put offensive EVs into the offensive ones, the ones looking to kill.
---
If pro is the opposite of con, what is the opposite of progress?
Pokemon X FC: 0361 - 6677 - 1359
#321_21(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 1:43:25 PM
Kirby_Guru posted...
Generally put defensive EVs into your defensive Pokemon. Put offensive EVs into the offensive ones, the ones looking to kill.

But what if the defensive pokemon has an amazing offensive base? Like Aggron or Tyranitar? Or even Vaporeon?

I guess in the end, I'm asking which pokemon should have its EV mainly in defensive and which pokemon should have its EV simply in the base stats that they excel at?
---
Playing: Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies, Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand, Pokemon Y
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!
#4FizzyElfPosted 11/11/2013 1:59:50 PM
21_21 posted...

I guess in the end, I'm asking which pokemon should have its EV mainly in defensive and which pokemon should have its EV simply in the base stats that they excel at?

That depends on what you want that Pokemon to do on your team?
Do you want it to only stall and annoy your opponent?
Do you want it to simply be able to take hits while doing moderate damage?

The poke ones move pool , and ability both affect this so you should take them into
Consideration.

Also take into consideration what Pokemon your opponent is using or at least what you think they'll
Use because it's popular.
---
"man's greatest treasure, is wit beyond measure."
PokemonY IGN Liam FC 1779-0854-0834 FS ICE, Lapras, Spheal,Bergmite