This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I may have found something that "breaks" the game - spoilers

#1SpoonMan54321Posted 11/11/2013 12:55:44 PM
It's based on an assumption that may no longer be true.

assumption: You can only fly to towns where you have gone to the pokemon center.

so if this is actually true - don't ever use the pokemon center at Geosenge.
Later on when you need to fly back there... you can't.

don't say you can simply walk there either.

One does not simply walk into Geosenge.... because there's Flare grunts blocking both walking entrances and they don't move or battle to get out of the way. I'm pretty sure at this point you'd be stuck with no way to progress.
---
...and bababooey to y'all
0946-2391-1483 - Illumise, Paras, Venomoth
#2bonannPosted 11/11/2013 12:56:44 PM
SpoonMan54321 posted...
It's based on an assumption that may no longer be true.

assumption: You can only fly to towns where you have gone to the pokemon center.

so if this is actually true - don't ever use the pokemon center at Geosenge.
Later on when you need to fly back there... you can't.

don't say you can simply walk there either.

One does not simply walk into Geosenge.... because there's Flare grunts blocking both walking entrances and they don't move or battle to get out of the way. I'm pretty sure at this point you'd be stuck with no way to progress.

You just have to visit the town once.
---
3DS: 4313-0687-5263
Official Mega Gengar of- eh who cares?
#3ZswordmasterPosted 11/11/2013 12:57:23 PM
If I remember right, you can fly to any town you visit. Pokecenter or not.

I also think your FORCED to go into Geosange Pokemon center as part of the plot while your first there.
---
I'm not being rude, you're just insignificant.
*Certified Gifted and talented, thinking on a higher level than 99% of people my age.
#4darkshadowspawnPosted 11/11/2013 12:59:50 PM
Also, Grunts only block the Route 10 entrance. The entrance from Route 11 is still open...I know because I had to take that route into town (as I've not taught Fly to anything as of yet).
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh
#5SpoonMan54321(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 1:00:06 PM
yeah like I said, assumption. I know it used to be the case that you couldn't fly somewhere unless you've hit the pokemon center, but I don't know if that's true anymore.

I'll check when I play through again in X which should be soon enough.
---
...and bababooey to y'all
0946-2391-1483 - Illumise, Paras, Venomoth
#6MetleonPosted 11/11/2013 1:03:02 PM
I was watching a speed run the other day, and the guy lost to the Psychic gym leader. He never actually used the center in that town because he ran from every Pokemon while riding on Mamoswine and then got healed after the rival battle.

When he lost, he got sent back to the previous town's Pokemon Center, but could still fly back to the city he was just in.

tl;dr: You only have to visit the city to fly to it.
---
3DS FC: 5257 - 9998 - 2632
Pokemon Y Name: Benjamin
#7BlitzTHedgehogPosted 11/11/2013 1:07:54 PM
SpoonMan54321 posted...
yeah like I said, assumption. I know it used to be the case that you couldn't fly somewhere unless you've hit the pokemon center, but I don't know if that's true anymore.

I don't think that's ever been true. When I was a kid, the first time I went to Saffron city I had no idea where the Pokémon center was, so I would just fly there.
---
FC 4725-8215-0096
#8bonannPosted 11/11/2013 1:11:32 PM
BlitzTHedgehog posted...
SpoonMan54321 posted...

I don't think that's ever been true. When I was a kid, the first time I went to Saffron city I had no idea where the Pokémon center was, so I would just fly there.

Yeap. I skipped through a town's Pokemon Center once or twice in the past games and I could still fly. Even in Blue.
---
3DS: 4313-0687-5263
Official Mega Gengar of- eh who cares?
#9GeminiDeusPosted 11/11/2013 1:11:47 PM
BlitzTHedgehog posted...
SpoonMan54321 posted...

I don't know about Fly, but it's certainly true with Teleport and I think Escape Ropes. Speed runners avoid certain Pokemon Centers so they can warp back to one that's more conveniently close to where they need to go next.
---
El Nido - Xaniara
#10BlitzTHedgehogPosted 11/11/2013 1:13:26 PM
GeminiDeus posted...
BlitzTHedgehog posted...
SpoonMan54321 posted...

I don't know about Fly, but it's certainly true with Teleport and I think Escape Ropes. Speed runners avoid certain Pokemon Centers so they can warp back to one that's more conveniently close to where they need to go next.

Isn't that because those take you back to the last Pokémon center you've been to? I have no idea, though, since I don't really use them.
---
FC 4725-8215-0096