This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i hate how competetive battling is still speed dominated

#21hippyshade117(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 10:27:28 PM
Aurawhisperer posted...
Speed dominated? Lol I love my defenses over speed. Speed gets you no where in doubles. All about tactics.

in doubles yeah
but not everyone wants to play doubles
#22LegoTechnicPosted 11/11/2013 10:28:22 PM
I like Trick Room teams, though that may just be because I like the big old slowpokes.
---
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero
#23WolfJouninPosted 11/11/2013 10:38:14 PM
hippyshade117 posted...
night slash did indeed take out my metagross in one hit somehow, as did Brave Bird on my Heliolisk somehow, and yes, my fully EV trained +ive nature Gengar was outsped somehow by Gliscor

An Adamant Metagross with 0 HP and DEF EVs (but perfect IVs) takes only 54-63% HP in damage from a Choice Banded Night Slash. He had to crit to kill it. With Life Orb, it wouldn't 1 hit kill even after crit and Stealth Rock... more importantly, why didn't he just use Earthquake, which would do more damage than a critical hit Night Slash? This is all ignoring that Gliscor if using a Choice Band (to allow it to 1 hit kill Metagross on a crit with Night Slash) would then have to switch out for each of your Pokemon, AND that Gliscor cannot use Brave Bird, AND that it would need a Choice Scarf to outspeed Gengar, even if it was Modest Gengar over Timid for some reason.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4639 - 9096 - 3760
#24SolRiverPosted 11/11/2013 10:43:07 PM
none of those on OP should have ever happened in a competitive game.

TC is playing the game wrong for sure; or even the wrong game.
---
Delibird, Cloyster, and Beartic.
0018 0693 5974
#25hippyshade117(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 10:57:43 PM
WolfJounin posted...
hippyshade117 posted...
night slash did indeed take out my metagross in one hit somehow, as did Brave Bird on my Heliolisk somehow, and yes, my fully EV trained +ive nature Gengar was outsped somehow by Gliscor

An Adamant Metagross with 0 HP and DEF EVs (but perfect IVs) takes only 54-63% HP in damage from a Choice Banded Night Slash. He had to crit to kill it. With Life Orb, it wouldn't 1 hit kill even after crit and Stealth Rock... more importantly, why didn't he just use Earthquake, which would do more damage than a critical hit Night Slash? This is all ignoring that Gliscor if using a Choice Band (to allow it to 1 hit kill Metagross on a crit with Night Slash) would then have to switch out for each of your Pokemon, AND that Gliscor cannot use Brave Bird, AND that it would need a Choice Scarf to outspeed Gengar, even if it was Modest Gengar over Timid for some reason.

im not arguing brah, thats why i made the topic- cause I thought it was odd/impossible

if it was just a normal battle where I got beaten then it wouldn't be worth making a topic about, would it?
#26MAtt5TERPosted 11/11/2013 10:59:28 PM
ITT: TC is a bad player, blames it on game design.

Don't worry, this topic is very common here.
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#27TheSteelPhoenixPosted 11/11/2013 11:35:53 PM
It's like my daddy always used to say:

There is the quick, and the dead. Take out the trash. I feel weird tingly feelings in my pants when I walk by the anime section and I don't know why.

Only the first sentence is relevant here.
---
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On World Champion
#28hippyshade117(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 4:03:32 AM
MAtt5TER posted...
ITT: TC wants to use a variety of cool pokemon but instead is forced to use the same few dozen because of stat distribution and bad game design, blames it on game design.

Don't worry, this topic is very common here.
#29BUDY236Posted 11/12/2013 4:08:17 AM
Gameandwatch2 posted...
If your Metagross is getting OHKO'd by a Gliscor, something is seriously wrong.
#30verozoPosted 11/12/2013 4:11:24 AM
Get out you poor troll.
---
3DS FC: 2122-6068-0720 Trainer: Toby