This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Team Nova RP: Discussion/Character Sign-ups 7: Discuss Another Day

#41GolurkcanflyPosted 11/11/2013 7:59:20 PM
GX1997 posted...
Chapter 13 now...
How was I not supposed to see that one coming?They make the 'twists' pretty easy to predict ahead of time if you watch closely.Like who 'Marth' really is.

I didn't actually spoil anything,but I still used the spoiler tags...?Oh well,not changing it now.

Still waiting for Os.I'm sure he'll post soon.

I just beat Chapter 8, but I think I already know who 'Marth' is.

She's Chrom's daughter, isn't she?
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.
#42GX1997Posted 11/11/2013 8:05:58 PM
Golurkcanfly posted...
GX1997 posted...
Chapter 13 now...
How was I not supposed to see that one coming?They make the 'twists' pretty easy to predict ahead of time if you watch closely.Like who 'Marth' really is.

I didn't actually spoil anything,but I still used the spoiler tags...?Oh well,not changing it now.

Still waiting for Os.I'm sure he'll post soon.

I just beat Chapter 8, but I think I already know who 'Marth' is.

She's Chrom's daughter, isn't she?

Well it actually hasn't been stated yet where I'm at,but yes.Let's consider the evidence.

-Has blue hair that just so happens to be the same color as Chrom's.
-Falchion
-Uses the same attacks as Chrom
-Was taught how to fight by her father
-Refused to tell Chrom who her father is
-Knows about the hole in the wall that Chrom thought was well hidden
-From the future

Could the answer really be no?It has to be Lucina.

I think I pay too much attention to small details.After all,I came up with a creepy level accurate profile for Neku in the first hour I ever played TWEWY.I wasn't wrong,and I was literally freaked out after playing Another Day and even the smallest detail was correct.
---
SS Nuzlocke Team:Blaze,Sentry,Feather,Cotton,Fang
Official Random Keyblade Master of the KH3 board
#43empireoffire(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 8:13:30 PM
So was Romulus recalled, put to sleep, or what?

Also, there's a really bad typo in what Duncan did.
---
size does not matter....weight does.
other aliases: gamefreak043, Cyborg-Kangaroo, Joe The Smurf
#44Cheesepower5Posted 11/11/2013 8:15:32 PM
Cheesepower5 posted...
Bio in another post.

Bio: Grant lived a normal life in Verdanturf town, he enjoyed normal little boy things like Crobatman, hanging out with his friend Tierno, Crobatman, calling girls icky and Crobatman. That all changed when Tierno moved to Kalos. No, wait... That's not how it changed. That all changed when the Fire Natio- Ack! It changed when Nova attacked! That's what I meant!

For better or for worse, Grant's father Garth left to try and stop Team Nova from becoming too powerful. Y'see, Garth was pals with a man called Duncan, who he worked with at Stone Corp. Well, one day Duncan and his family up and disappeared. They found out that it was because the daughter of the family, Mia, was lost in an accident involving a family picnic and a Pokemon battle. Well, six years later, Team Nova surfaced and Duncan was one of their higher ups. So Garth felt like he had to do something.

Well, out of fear for her father, Grant's big sister Eileen decided to run away from home one night to join the resistance. Grant followed her and they lived a harsh life as vagrants for the next two years, with her protecting him and keeping him fed. Eventually, they found their way to Orre and got a home in Pyrite Town, where Eileen went off to join the resistance. Four more years after that, Eileen's being shipped off to Kanto, and doesn't know when she'll be back. She leaves Grant with the recommendation that he join up with Mewtwo as well, y'know, so he can eat and stuff.

Of course, he does, taking a ride to Nimbasa City where he was told a base hidden near the outskirts of town would accept pretty much anyone due to their short-handedness. He's allowed in, hesitantly, by a man called Riley and showed the ropes by Meridia before being sent as part of an invasion force to Lavender Town. This invasion force is lead by one Steven Stone, a kindly fellow with lots of Steel-type Pokemon, and one of the Nimbasa Mewtwo outpost's commanders. On his way to Lavender, Grant stops by Cerulean City and performs his first Pokemon capture - snaging a Magnemite which he names Thunor. Grant gets in his first tussel with Team Nova by helping to defeat a Nova Commander on her way to reinforce Lavender Town, inadvertantly attracting Nova Admin Duncan to the field.

Duncan and Steven get into a battle, which Grant is barely even a force in. More of a liability, really. To protect Grant from Duncan's Draco Meteor, Steven gets himself seriously injured and is rescued by his old employee Garth, who tracked him with some old Stone Corp devices intending to repay a long forgotten bar tab. Steven distracts Duncan long enough for Garth to get Grant outta' there, putting the Admin into a coma with a coordinated Explosion from like a bajillion Foretresses.

Back home, Grant gets to spend some quality time with his parents, before Garth leaves again to find his sister. He promises to wait in Verdanturf, but leaves because Victini is an ***hole. A month later, right on his birthday, he's transferred from Nimbasa to Realgam Tower, where he finds out that his old commander, Meridia, was being held in a Nova Prison. He goes to find her, because hormones and s***, and manages to break in. There he encounters Osric King, Duncan's son and narrowly avoids getting eaten by a Dragonite. Turns out Yveltal was targetting the place at the same time, so in the ensuing chaos, Meridia escapes herself anyway. Which kinda killed Grant's chances, eh?

...Running out of space already? Well mod damn. I guess I'll continue in another post.
---
Etrian Odyssey; The only series where hardened warriors have to graduate from killing squirrels, armadillos and grasshoppers to still get stomped by a baboon.
#45GolurkcanflyPosted 11/11/2013 8:23:04 PM
I'll be leaving you guys on that "Oh s***'s about to get real!" moment for tonight. Well, I'll try to go to sleep.
---
Official Amnesiac Darkrai of the Pokemon X Board
You know why spiders know how to spin webs when they hatch? Because F*** You! That's why.
#46HHDeceptionPosted 11/11/2013 8:28:31 PM
Doctor Phineas Celeste
Male
Born 25 years ago, aged 30
Orange Hair with a metallic white trench coat. Imagine David Tennant playing Rufus Shinra dressed like Benedict Cumberbatch in Sherlock.

Pre-RP time:
Born in Orre, Agate Village. His family was killed by Shadow Lugia during the events of XD. He spent 3 months waiting out Cipher's reign of terror hiding inside an ancient burial tomb, before surfacing to a new world. He rejected pokemon and pokemon trainers from then on and focused solely on bettering himself as an inventor and scientist. But that changed when he was 10. Jirachi's meteorite landed in the desert outside his new home in Phenac. He found the Wish pokemon and wished that one of his inventions would change the world. Jirachi granted the wish and went to back to sleep. Celeste was amazed by the pokemon and decided to focus his research on finding some way to wake it up.

He joined the Orre Academy in his early teens, where he met and had a relationship with Celena. She was a weapons engineer, and he specialized in energy manipulation. Together they built the foundation of much of the technology that the warring factions use today. They had a messy break up when Celena decided to leave and work with Nova. Celeste threw her out of his life.

At this point, Celeste's research on Jirachi had come to a head. He had combined all the technology of the entire pokemon world, from Shadow tech, to Ranger Stylers, and created a device he hoped would break Jirachi out of it's meteorite cocoon. The idea was to make the heart of a pokemon resonate so strongly it breaks anything restraining it. He called it StarBurst.

The device worked. Jirachi was awakened and free of it's 1000 year cycle of hibernation and wish granting. The next week, StarBurst and his entire life's work was either stolen or destroyed. This was a few months before the rise of Nova. Convinced nothing good could come of it, he took everything remaining of his research and all trace of shadow pokemon technology and locked it away inside that tomb he had hidden in as a child. He also amassed the victim's of Shadow Lugia's attack there, including his parents, as a warning to anyone that might want to use the technology hidden there.

During Nova's uprising, Red and Blue came to him, tracing StarBurst technology back to its origins. After a battle to determine his true allegiance, they were satisfied Celeste only had the best intentions. Celeste befriended the two and sought to help them with the war effort, becoming Mewtwo's lead scientist.

During the Final Battle of Kalos, he met Celena again. She was terraforming Kalos. He did not take it well. He tried to talk to her, but she didn't seem to notice he existed. She then blew Kalos to bits.

Celeste also invented a dimensional rift to try and contact Arceus for help. Red entered alone, and then vanished. A petrified statue of Red was found on Mt. Sinjoh a week afterwards. Celeste had since destroyed the machine.

(Yes, that was all backstory! RP recap to come)
---
Sound good?
#47Kirbye2006Posted 11/11/2013 8:33:33 PM
Kirbye2006 posted...
He didnít see the attack that cut through the generator. Bolas was far away when, instead of the normal blast of power from normal Future Sight attacks, a blade of pure psychic energy manifested in front of the generator and cut through it with a slash.

Behold! A move not quite like the Future Sight he had before, but also not quite like Psycho Cut. Unbeknownst to him the move he thought of as Future Sight is now a fusion between Future Sight and Psycho Cut... a move I'm dubbing "Future Psycho Cut". It's like Future Sight in that it's an attack made in the future that targets Special Defence, but it's like Psycho Cut in that it's Physical Attack based.

By the way, it seems things are going to get interesting at the Xerneas HQ. I fully expect Bolas and Sylvera to be discovered somehow by Xerneas as they flee towards the direction of the Mansion away from a decent sized explosion that just occurred.
---
People do not read and respond to other user's signatures
Users who respond to this signature: 9 x 9^000 (Started 8/29/09)
#48OsrangerPosted 11/11/2013 8:46:47 PM
@GX1997

Your call. Romulus isn't technically Duncan's but he would attack Meridia under normal circumstances.
---
Os's SS nuzlocke: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000300-pokemon-emerald-social/67710899
Chico (Chikorita)
#49GX1997Posted 11/11/2013 8:48:46 PM
Osranger posted...
@GX1997

Your call. Romulus isn't technically Duncan's but he would attack Meridia under normal circumstances.

I was wondering if you had any other plans for him.If you don't,he's just gonna end up being left in a lab at Realgam until he's purified.
---
SS Nuzlocke Team:Blaze,Sentry,Feather,Cotton,Fang
Official Random Keyblade Master of the KH3 board
#50HHDeceptionPosted 11/11/2013 8:51:32 PM
Celeste started the RP by getting himself captured by Nova in Lavender Town. They wanted him to build a better StarBurst model, so instead he stole their research and invented human teleportation. He built his new favorite toy: the Teleport Capsule. It's about as big as a large bedroom, perfectly spherical on the outside, tinted deep blue and has tron lines running on it. It's basically indestructible, and he's outfitted it so it can withstand both a trip to the moon, and deep sea pressure.

Speaking of deep sea, he was part of Mewtwo's expedition to the Sea Temple, where he found out that it was actually an ancient place of worship for Palkia. Palkia created it as a gift to its ancient worshipers. And it can fly. He flew it into space. Celena didn't like that. Very scatterbrained from numerous days without sleep, he attempted to collapse the Temple into a black hole engulfing Celena and himself with it. It didn't kill Celena, but Celeste fell into the balck hole and died. BEfore he died, he gave Jirachi a file containing his life's work and secret data.

Ok kids, this is where it gets complicated.

Celeste reappeared over 1000 years into the past. There he found Jirachi, who was waking up the time before he had wished on it the first time. He made a wish. He wished that 1000 years from now, when he's consumed by a black hole, he will reappear here instead of dying, so that he could make this wish. The wish was granted, and so Celeste discovered the secret to immortality. Jirachi returned to hibernation, and from here Celeste spent 5 years finding a way back to the present.

His first stop was Ilex Forest. He met Celebi, and found out that it could not bring him to the present because it can't time travel in or out of a period of War. And it had no motivation to help him anyways. So Celeste struck Celebi a deal. Celebi wanted this mystical item called the Anglachel, or as we know it, the Veilstone Sword. This sword has the power to make the user immune to all pokemon attacks, and can kill any pokemon with ease. It also has an ownership stipulation, in that only its owner can wield it, and ownership only transfers if you beat the previous owner in a pokemon battle. Its properties would also allow Celebi to time travel freely without being hounded by Dialga, which is why Celebi wants it.

Celeste traveled to Veilstone, where he met an aging and crippled Giratina, who possessed the sword. He stole it. He then traveled past the Solaceon Ruins where he befriended the local Unown population. He made his way to Agate Village, where he trained with the Unown for several months before Celebi showed up. Celeste traded the Sword in exchange for Celebi to freeze him in time for 1000 years, taking him into the present. He chose to be petrified in the same ancient tomb he had hidden in during Shadow Lugia's attack. And so he was encased in a meteorite, just like the one Jirachi hibernates in.

(Continuing present day in the next post)
---
Sound good?