This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I alone in hating team flare?

#1animefan1000Posted 11/11/2013 2:47:13 PM
Lysandre may have had a point but there was also a flaw in his plan. He said only the chosen (team flare) would be saved, but all it took to be a member of team flare was a large entree fee. They were basically of a collection of spoiled rich people who thought being rich made them special. You know, the people who cause most of the world's problems in the first place. But maybe that's just my view on them.
---
Lady Plutia's favorite pet.
3ds friend code:4511-0818-1530 safari:machoke, pancham, breloom
#2LexifoxPosted 11/11/2013 2:49:30 PM
I think the characters were funny and the villain was interesting, but ultimately much of it was poorly written.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3ClassyOldHatPosted 11/11/2013 2:50:03 PM
No, you're definitely not the only person to realize that this aspect of his plan falls down HARD under any sort of critical examination.
#4Lucis_FerrePosted 11/11/2013 2:55:58 PM
The entry fee was probably used to fund stuff to improve the world was my logic.

Basically 'You must give me this much money, I will use it to make the world a better place' sorta deal. Functionally Lysandre probably saw it as being effectively charity 'I am giving a lot of money to help the world', but most Flare members treated it as 'I am buying my way into the cool club'

And he didn't notice because the poor bloke's off his trolley.
---
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'
#5X_Ayumi_XPosted 11/11/2013 3:12:54 PM
animefan1000 posted...
Lysandre may have had a point but there was also a flaw in his plan. He said only the chosen (team flare) would be saved, but all it took to be a member of team flare was a large entree fee. They were basically of a collection of spoiled rich people who thought being rich made them special. You know, the people who cause most of the world's problems in the first place. But maybe that's just my view on them.

You don't like them because you're human and know you''re part of the problem that the planet is going down the drain!
---
GT: Ayumi Spender
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567 X/Y Living Pokedex W.I.P.: http://i.imgur.com/EK9C1qm.jpg
#6SceptilesolarPosted 11/11/2013 3:15:14 PM
Lysandre wasn't really trying to save the chosen ones or whatever. That's a common misunderstanding of his goals. Lysandre doesn't care that much who he saves, since he thinks evil deeds are born out of scarcity and a struggle for resources. So as long as the number of people is drastically reduced to the point that they don't need to fight for resources, there won't be evil.

I assume the entrance fee was mainly just to fund his organization, and it also served as a bar to limit how many people he would save, since he had to keep it sharply restricted.
---
Just killing time until the world ends.