This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it Possible for Game Freak to Make DLC?

#21Budukai(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 4:29:58 PM
jayman7 posted...
Budukai posted...
endgel posted...
Game Freak are against paid DLC.

Quick to answer, even if it were clothes? Like I said pokemon themselves as dlc I will refuse to buy.

So... you're willing to spend real money on something minor that doesn't affect the gameplay in the slightest, but not a feature that is the crux of the gameplay.

The mind boggles.

(I'm not saying that it's a good idea for GameFreak to start charging for individual Pokémon. Just that this is a mindset I cannot understand.)

Oh yes, at the right price. Did it for games like BL, fighting games, and so on. I have no problem with this game if it attempted this. If they would be free, even better. The sense of individuality is important to me.
---
Budukai
Friend Code: 1950-8689-0566 Pidgey/Woobat/Tropius
#22SupremeZeroPosted 11/11/2013 4:31:44 PM
pokedude900 posted...
rojse posted...
endgel posted...

But they've never been against free DLC like event legendaries.

Technically that's not DLC. They aren't inserting new data into the ROM with those.

On-disk DLC is still considered DLC. For whatever reason.
---
There's always hope for better things in life. But you can't let anything, friend, lover, God himself, be your hope. You have to be your own hope.
#23shadowenclave47Posted 11/11/2013 4:36:56 PM
SupremeZero posted...
pokedude900 posted...
rojse posted...
endgel posted...

But they've never been against free DLC like event legendaries.

Technically that's not DLC. They aren't inserting new data into the ROM with those.

On-disk DLC is still considered DLC. For whatever reason.

I call it disk locked content. The worst DLC you can get and unfortunately most companies do this.
---
3DS FC 3539-9421-0380
#24xXkewls0358Posted 11/11/2013 4:39:21 PM
jayman7 posted...
Budukai posted...
endgel posted...

Quick to answer, even if it were clothes? Like I said pokemon themselves as dlc I will refuse to buy.

So... you're willing to spend real money on something minor that doesn't affect the gameplay in the slightest, but not a feature that is the crux of the gameplay.

The mind boggles.

(I'm not saying that it's a good idea for GameFreak to start charging for individual Pokémon. Just that this is a mindset I cannot understand.)

This really isn't hard to grasp if you think about it. Most prefer games that focus on paid content being the optional and non-meaningful stuff. Along with stuff that gives you advantages or things that are more important remain open to all gamers so everyone is on a fair level.

On another note, I'd certainly pay for a no cap/hat option and flip flops! I love summer :3
---
fEeD mEh!!1
#25GatedSunOnePosted 11/11/2013 4:40:25 PM
iTPCi posted...
why r ppl so stupid

just cause they never did it in the past doesnt mean they wont do it now

also

this is on 3ds, which is a first

paid DLC could be a first also

Except that Masuda himself has stated he'd never consider pokemon being for sale in convenient $2 packs. Pretty hard to argue against that, and I'd be pressed to assume the same goes for any sort of clothing.

That's Don Mattrick levels of backtracking in the business world of gaming-- where everything these folks say is scrutinized by the public at large. And we all know how that worked out for him.
---
And on the Twelfth day of October, Arceus rose his sight skybound and declared: "LET THERE BE FAIRIES."
FC: 2964-8693-8509
#26iTPCiPosted 11/11/2013 4:47:47 PM
GatedSunOne posted...
iTPCi posted...
why r ppl so stupid

just cause they never did it in the past doesnt mean they wont do it now

also

this is on 3ds, which is a first

paid DLC could be a first also

Except that Masuda himself has stated he'd never consider pokemon being for sale in convenient $2 packs. Pretty hard to argue against that, and I'd be pressed to assume the same goes for any sort of clothing.

That's Don Mattrick levels of backtracking in the business world of gaming-- where everything these folks say is scrutinized by the public at large. And we all know how that worked out for him.

im not talking about selling pokemon

im talking about story dlc

dlc that improve battle system

ongoing changes like that

ofcourse they could add pokemone to see new dlc stories, but ur paying for the story not the pokemon
---
FC: 3325-2301-9997
Name: Bails
#27Anthoba32Posted 11/11/2013 4:48:29 PM
DLC do it nio!!
---
3DS FC: 4768-7468-5394
#28BigDaddyWingnutPosted 11/11/2013 4:55:23 PM
GilgameshSwords posted...
endgel posted...

Why do people keep stating this in response to people asking about DLC? free DLC is a thing you know

Budukai (TC) posted...
The reason why I'm curious is I would pay to have more options in clothing, hair, and etc.

---
3DS:1547-5206-2758
The Earth without art is just "Eh"...