This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know... Game Freak could do this instead of remaking RSE

#1ESMWjotPosted 11/11/2013 5:16:00 PM
Remake Gen 3.

That is, one Emerald remake, and one Firered/Leafgreen remake.

That way we woukd still have 2 remake games, and instead of the usual, they coukd both be in different regions with a different story. Gbey would make a lot of money with this and I'm sure it would be welcomed by us players.
---
Plans in motion, no time for failure.
#2LexifoxPosted 11/11/2013 5:17:20 PM
They should just remake Gen 3 and let you revisit 1/3 of Kanto to appeal to Gen 2 fans.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3Lord_XandrosPosted 11/11/2013 5:17:45 PM
Do we really need yet another Kanto? It's boring, there's nothing to do.
---
Pokemon Y/3DS Friend Code: 1907 - 8799 - 0480 /// Currently: Creating my Team
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrraveygravy/
#4SameOldProphetPosted 11/11/2013 5:17:54 PM
i'm all for an emerald remake, but do we really need a remake of the gen 1 remakes?
---
Pokemon XY FC: 2036 - 7285 - 6492
IGN - Thomas
#5MAtt5TERPosted 11/11/2013 5:20:02 PM
ESMWjot posted...
That is, one Emerald remake, and one Firered/Leafgreen remake.

But then, they'd actually have to make two different games!
The whole point is to make one game and pass it off as two different games...and it works.
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#6ClassyOldHatPosted 11/11/2013 5:23:06 PM
Lexifox posted...
They should just remake Gen 3 and let you revisit 1/3 of Kanto to appeal to Gen 2 fans.

Wow, even in topics that have nothing to do with gen 2, you still insist on baiting everyone with your generation wars nonsense.

On topic: I agree that this would be greatly preferable to plain Ruby and Sapphire remakes, but I don't see them doing it, sadly.
#7kitsuruPosted 11/11/2013 5:24:48 PM
Hoenn with the Sevii Islands.
---
Code: 3136-6781-4024(Mawile, Clefki, and Forretress). PM IF YOU ADD!
Official Delphox of the Pokemon X and Y boards.
#8360pagesPosted 11/11/2013 5:26:49 PM
ClassyOldHat posted...
Lexifox posted...

Wow, even in topics that have nothing to do with gen 2, you still insist on baiting everyone with your generation wars nonsense.

On topic: I agree that this would be greatly preferable to plain Ruby and Sapphire remakes, but I don't see them doing it, sadly.

He really hates Gen 2, it killed his parents and stole his birthday cake.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
3DS friend code 1161-0910-0692
#9DrSockPosted 11/11/2013 5:37:26 PM
I'm all for Emerald Remake. This depends on how GF decides how to make it money, balancing between money and story. Remember they can do a remake all 3 games (sky emerald, Aqua sapphire, Terra Ruby).

The issue with the remake system is that the first set of remakes didn't really have a differenance in story. Red and Blue were similar to each other, just like how Silver and Gold were similar. There were no exclusive legendary unlike RS.
Emerald had the true storyline compared to RS. Which means unlike Crystal, they would have to remake Emerald. The question is for RS.
#10ESMWjot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 5:52:36 PM
DrSock posted...
I'm all for Emerald Remake. This depends on how GF decides how to make it money, balancing between money and story. Remember they can do a remake all 3 games (sky emerald, Aqua sapphire, Terra Ruby).

The issue with the remake system is that the first set of remakes didn't really have a differenance in story. Red and Blue were similar to each other, just like how Silver and Gold were similar. There were no exclusive legendary unlike RS.
Emerald had the true storyline compared to RS. Which means unlike Crystal, they would have to remake Emerald. The question is for RS.

I highly doubt they would remake all three. They didn't remake Yellow or Crystal.
---
Plans in motion, no time for failure.