This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know... Game Freak could do this instead of remaking RSE

#11A Novel IdeaPosted 11/11/2013 5:53:48 PM
ESMWjot posted...
DrSock posted...
I'm all for Emerald Remake. This depends on how GF decides how to make it money, balancing between money and story. Remember they can do a remake all 3 games (sky emerald, Aqua sapphire, Terra Ruby).

The issue with the remake system is that the first set of remakes didn't really have a differenance in story. Red and Blue were similar to each other, just like how Silver and Gold were similar. There were no exclusive legendary unlike RS.
Emerald had the true storyline compared to RS. Which means unlike Crystal, they would have to remake Emerald. The question is for RS.

I highly doubt they would remake all three. They didn't remake Yellow or Crystal.

they remade crystal... remember heartgold and soulsilver? eusine?
#12CyberWhiteTigerPosted 11/11/2013 6:09:48 PM
ESMWjot posted...
DrSock posted...
I'm all for Emerald Remake. This depends on how GF decides how to make it money, balancing between money and story. Remember they can do a remake all 3 games (sky emerald, Aqua sapphire, Terra Ruby).

The issue with the remake system is that the first set of remakes didn't really have a differenance in story. Red and Blue were similar to each other, just like how Silver and Gold were similar. There were no exclusive legendary unlike RS.
Emerald had the true storyline compared to RS. Which means unlike Crystal, they would have to remake Emerald. The question is for RS.

I highly doubt they would remake all three. They didn't remake Yellow or Crystal.

Well they sort of did remake Yellow and Crystal. They took elements from them and added them to HG and SS. The pokemon following was from Yellow and they kept in the Crystal story regarding Suicune. Ok they were not outright remakes but the most important things those versions added were added to the gen II remakes.

I don't think GameFreak will be doing a remake of gen III. If it is going like before then a third version of X/Y will be out sometime next year and then gen VII will be the year after that. I don't see the point of gen III remakes but if they did then i would definitely prefer the Emerald story to the R/S one.
---
Lights will guide you home
Pokemon X FC: 4484 8823 6418 - add me if you want for friend safari but also PM me so I can add you too
#13ESMWjot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 6:35:45 PM
A Novel Idea posted...
ESMWjot posted...
DrSock posted...

they remade crystal... remember heartgold and soulsilver? eusine?

Yeah, It's HeartGold and SoulSilver. Not HeartCrystal and SoulCrystal.

They're Gold and Silver remakes, just updated. Eusine was part of the updates...
---
Plans in motion, no time for failure.
#14SkyknightPosted 11/11/2013 6:39:06 PM
Better idea: Direct sequel TO Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. As in, following up from the Magmae/Aquae debacle. Ruby 2/Sapphire 2.

Keep Hoenn, but with a shown passage of time like between BW and B2W2. Maybe get a hint of some malign actor who subtly shoved the two teams into their world-reshaping fanaticism (NOT a previous character, preferably).
#15JayBiGs86Posted 11/11/2013 6:40:46 PM
ESMWjot posted...
Yeah, It's HeartGold and SoulSilver. Not HeartCrystal and SoulCrystal.

They're Gold and Silver remakes, just updated. Eusine was part of the updates...

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
---
Looking for Pokemon X/Y Friends! Please add me!
3DS FC: 3411-1521-9599
#16Companion_Cube_Posted 11/11/2013 6:41:34 PM
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
---
Pokemon Y Friend Safari Pokemon: Dedenne, Electabuzz, Zebstricka
3DS FC: 3024 - 5019 - 8681 (PM me to add me)
#17rosetteleePosted 11/11/2013 6:42:24 PM
Lord_Xandros posted...
Do we really need yet another Kanto? It's boring, there's nothing to do.
#18ThunderPotatoPosted 11/11/2013 6:43:18 PM
Lord_Xandros posted...
Do we really need yet another Kanto? It's boring, there's nothing to do.

Do we need Hoenn at all? So much water, it's all Tentacool.
---
FC: 2535-3679-4793
PM me your FC for Friend Safari!
#19ESMWjot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 6:48:44 PM
For anyone complaining about another Kanto.,

1. DON'T BUY IT. You can get the Emerald remake.

2. Sure you're complaining here, but you know you'll want it anyway.

3. Play FR/LG and see how outdated it is.
---
Plans in motion, no time for failure.
#20the_NGWPosted 11/11/2013 6:51:06 PM
They should do something new instead of revisiting the worst gen we've ever had.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0344-9443-2457, Newtown Dream Address (AC:NL): 5400-2162-1014
"Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"