This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I suck. did u suck when u first started playin competitively?

#1giants9281Posted 11/11/2013 5:26:06 PM
I have been spending countless hours breeding perfect IV Pokemon and I thought I was putting together a good strategy but u nerds keep whooping me online. is there hope for me if I keep trying? Should I just do everything smogon tells me to do
---
Pokemon XY Sig 2895-7605-3989 IGN: Mark
FS:Poison: Garbador, Seviper, Toxicroak
#2Aura_SpherePosted 11/11/2013 5:27:55 PM
idk about you but i kicked a lot of ass when i started
---
What the hell is taking that Majora's Mask 3D remake so long?
#3HoulePosted 11/11/2013 5:28:13 PM
If you do everything Smogon tells you to then you become very predictable as other people who use smogon will instantly know your moveset and be able to counter it.

What's your team/move set? While IVs do help in general you should still be able to beat randoms (other than Japanese players)
---
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/1121/art18tz4.png http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/8914/sonic1cartte0.png
#4goldwPosted 11/11/2013 5:30:23 PM
Not really.

My first team was pretty bad, but I understood the meta enough to compete with it. When I entered the awfulness that was Gen V Standard, I had a better grasp on the game.

I would say that I'm pretty good now.
---
Mega Blaziken is a Blaziken that has achieved true sereneness as a warrior in it's timeless fight against Colonel Sanders. - Flame552
#5wilowns1Posted 11/11/2013 5:30:30 PM
Comes on to message board. Insults everyone on it. Asks for opinions/advice.

Sounds about right.
---
Living life in reality and fantasy. Official Alakazam of the Pokemon X Board.
3DS FC: 1762-3609-6974 Daniel
#6ChronostaticPosted 11/11/2013 5:32:42 PM(edited)
I haven't even played a single match of competitive pokémon yet, but I expect to suck and lose a lot too, at first.
---
N2DS FC 4785-5574-6866
Pokemon X IGN: Ema Safari Dark: Pawniard, Crawdaunt, Inkay
#7giants9281(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 5:33:01 PM
Houle posted...
If you do everything Smogon tells you to then you become very predictable as other people who use smogon will instantly know your moveset and be able to counter it.

What's your team/move set? While IVs do help in general you should still be able to beat randoms (other than Japanese players)

No real set teams yet just trying stuff out. I put together a sandstorm team (tyranitar, alakazam, mega mawile, garchomp, Gliscor Hippowdon) but useless unless I can do 6v6 battles which I haven't had many of.

and what is it about the japs do they cheat? lol cuz they destroy me
---
#8wilowns1Posted 11/11/2013 5:34:06 PM
giants9281 posted...
Houle posted...

No real set teams yet just trying stuff out. I put together a sandstorm team (tyranitar, alakazam, mega mawile, garchomp, Gliscor Hippowdon) but useless unless I can do 6v6 battles which I haven't had many of.

and what is it about the japs do they cheat? lol cuz they destroy me

Can you please stop insulting large groups of people with every single post?
---
Living life in reality and fantasy. Official Alakazam of the Pokemon X Board.
3DS FC: 1762-3609-6974 Daniel
#9NessEggmanPosted 11/11/2013 5:34:38 PM
I sucked because I play Nintendo rules (which doesn't have tiers, just a banned list) and I use my favorite Pokémon which are dreadful like Ariados lol.

I still try to balance using strong Pokémon and my favs. I'll usually choose a fav or two I like and then try to balance a team around that lol.

So I still kinda suck.

When I just use whatever is strongest I do fine. You pretty much just have to get experience, though. The more you play, the more you know what to expect. And most of the game is just making the best possible choice each turn, which you can make better when you know what all is possible from your opponent.
---
Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it.
3DSFC: 2750 1911 5515 (Boldore, Barbaracle, Corsola)
#10giants9281(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 5:35:02 PM
wilowns1 posted...
Comes on to message board. Insults everyone on it. Asks for opinions/advice.

Sounds about right.

I actually meant nerds as a compliment lol
---