This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how to effectivly get a shiny pokemon

#1strider_123Posted 11/11/2013 7:06:18 PM
only found in hordes? :/
Quick question about hordes- i know you can chain in regular grass by getting the same pokemon over and over again so does that mean if i see the same horde over and over again i should kill each horde for increased chances of shiny pokemon?
---
0688-5583-7738-3ds friend code PM me!
#2Azure_FlamePosted 11/11/2013 7:07:13 PM
Chaining only works with the PokeRadar, and you cannot encounter hordes when using the Radar. The increased shiny chance in hordes is due only to the fact that, since you're fighting five Pokemon at once, the game rolls for a shiny five times.
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate
#3strider_123(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 7:11:06 PM
i thought that seeing the same pokemon and killing it makes it a chain whether or not you use the pokeradar
---
0688-5583-7738-3ds friend code PM me!
#4Azure_FlamePosted 11/11/2013 7:13:13 PM
strider_123 posted...
i thought that seeing the same pokemon and killing it makes it a chain whether or not you use the pokeradar

The term "chaining" applies specifically to encountering a Pokemon in shaking grass after using the Radar, then, when a bunch of patches shake after the battle, walking into a subsequent shaking patch and finding another of the same Pokemon, and so on and so forth.
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate