This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'd love a pokemon game where the 8 badages were in the post game.

#1CarefreeDudePosted 11/11/2013 7:15:23 PM
It starts out with you embarking on your pokemon adventure, with a more story driven quest. You can challenge the gyms at any time, but the gym leaders are actual skilled trainers, with full teams, and all pokemon level 70+. They would actually use strategies as well. For example, the bug gym leader may use a speed boost/baton pass setup that would lead into a Mega Scizor.

Instead of challenging the gyms right away, you can train at the gyms, and earn various items to help in your quest (as opposed to HMs).
---
3DS friend code: 5112-3770-6561
Rock Safari: Pupitar, Rhydon, dwebble
#2UIVIUPosted 11/11/2013 7:20:55 PM
that would be a lot of fun. it would be nice to have a different way of leveling IMO. something like to train your charmander you get more exp for killing pokemon who you have an advantage of (ie. Bug, grass, ice, steel) or something just to make it so its not just like E4 grind or Le Wow repeats and such. makes it more of a challenge to level up as opposed to just button mashing 'A' in the same battles
---
3DS FC: 5257-9758-7550 IGN: Steven
Rock type: Dwebble, Corsola, Barbaracle
#3Shigmiya64Posted 11/11/2013 7:22:04 PM
I heard that one of the Gen V games was something like that? Never played them myself.
---
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."
My 3DS Friend Code: 0705 - 3328 - 1003
#4sonofkorolPosted 11/11/2013 7:22:23 PM
That'd be pretty badass. Defeat the evil team, do a bunch of pokedex filling, explore the whole region, THEN start knocking off gyms. o.o M Night Shamalan Plot Twist!
---
AKA Noodle, Leader of the Dream Team (|||I '') [dT] in Halo, GTAV, BF3, Forza H
Co-founder of GTA:SA Secret Hunters [[+]] (-o-) Official FWB of Bianca (-o-)
#5Shigmiya64Posted 11/11/2013 7:29:50 PM
Maybe one of the games I didn't play did this, but I'd also like to see a game where you beat the eight gyms, beat the Elite 4, and right when you think the Champion's coming out they say, "Congratulations. Welcome to the Pokémon League." Oh snap! It turns out that all the usual progression is just the qualifying round, and now you have to rematch all the Gym Leaders, who actually bring their A-Game this time around and show you why they're considered masters of their given type.* Then you'll have to rematch the Elite 4, and then, then you can fight the Champion.

'Cause seriously, what kind of expert Pokémon trainer has a team consisting of two, three Pokémon?
---
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."
My 3DS Friend Code: 0705 - 3328 - 1003
#6CarefreeDude(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 7:31:12 PM
Shigmiya64 posted...
Maybe one of the games I didn't play did this, but I'd also like to see a game where you beat the eight gyms, beat the Elite 4, and right when you think the Champion's coming out they say, "Congratulations. Welcome to the Pokémon League." Oh snap! It turns out that all the usual progression is just the qualifying round, and now you have to rematch all the Gym Leaders, who actually bring their A-Game this time around and show you why they're considered masters of their given type.* Then you'll have to rematch the Elite 4, and then, then you can fight the Champion.

'Cause seriously, what kind of expert Pokémon trainer has a team consisting of two, three Pokémon?

That are weaker than most wild pokemon for that matter.
---
3DS friend code: 5112-3770-6561
Rock Safari: Pupitar, Rhydon, dwebble
#7NextgrandcrossPosted 11/11/2013 7:32:36 PM
Shigmiya64 posted...
I heard that one of the Gen V games was something like that? Never played them myself.

No, but in BW2, after you get the last badge you preceed finish off Team Plasma before advancing to Victory Road.

In the first game, you didn't fight the Champion til post game, instead you dealt with N and Ghetsis.
#8RAPTall1Posted 11/11/2013 7:34:00 PM
If you watch the Pokemon Origins anime, it kind of explains why early gym leaders seem so easy compared to later ones. They handicap themselves based on how many badges a trainer has currently.
---
3DS FC: 2621-2828-9190
Ground: Pupitar Dwebble and Barbaracle
#9Gsus_94Posted 11/11/2013 7:36:13 PM
RAPTall1 posted...
If you watch the Pokemon Origins anime, it kind of explains why early gym leaders seem so easy compared to later ones. They handicap themselves based on how many badges a trainer has currently.

---
3DS FC: 0473 7779 6792
ACNL: Melo from Besaid
#10chumpykalamoonaPosted 11/11/2013 7:38:04 PM
RAPTall1 posted...

I've always had an idea about how that worked. But I wish they'd make a game take advantage of it. As in, you can do the gyms in (almost) any order. And their stats and teams are based on how many current badges you have.
Then any time in the post game, you can return to the Gym to rematch them with a full fledged team to see how good they really are.
---
Are you okay!? BUSTAH WULF!