This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'd love a pokemon game where the 8 badages were in the post game.

#11NextgrandcrossPosted 11/11/2013 7:45:00 PM
RAPTall1 posted...
If you watch the Pokemon Origins anime, it kind of explains why early gym leaders seem so easy compared to later ones. They handicap themselves based on how many badges a trainer has currently.

Yes, but thing about Gen 1 through as they actually gain more Pokemon on their teams as opposed to Gen's 5 and 6.

The Gyms should've been set up like Gen 1 and 3 with:

Gyms 1 & 2 - 2 Pokemon
Gyms 3 & 4 - 3 Pokemon
Gyms 5, 6, & 7 - 4 Pokemon
Gym 8 - 5 Pokemon.

I get the whole handicapping thing, but seriously, the gym Leaders should be using more Pokemon as you gain more badges.

Not on;y that, but the Trainers too should be packing more Pokemon like in Gen 1, at least the late game ones like the Trainers on Victory Road

How many of you remember Veteran Shaun from the Challengers Cave in BW?.
#12Bass50Posted 11/11/2013 8:08:22 PM
chumpykalamoona posted...
RAPTall1 posted...
If you watch the Pokemon Origins anime, it kind of explains why early gym leaders seem so easy compared to later ones. They handicap themselves based on how many badges a trainer has currently.

I've always had an idea about how that worked. But I wish they'd make a game take advantage of it. As in, you can do the gyms in (almost) any order. And their stats and teams are based on how many current badges you have.
Then any time in the post game, you can return to the Gym to rematch them with a full fledged team to see how good they really are.

It'd be difficult to do this, though. Most of the routes/caves/forests would need multiple sets of wild pokemon and trainers; which set you face is determined by how many badges you have. The only way to get around that would be to offer a choice of starting towns/cities; each choice resulting in a different, but set path where the levels of wild 'mons, trainers and gym leaders reflect the choice. How many choices available would depend on the capacity of the game card, too. Not only that, but story events would need multiple variations, too.

Of course, this would be awesome and offer a good deal of replay value aside from just using 'mons you rarely or never use.
#13KelysticPosted 11/14/2013 1:56:09 AM
chumpykalamoona posted...
RAPTall1 posted...

I've always had an idea about how that worked. But I wish they'd make a game take advantage of it. As in, you can do the gyms in (almost) any order. And their stats and teams are based on how many current badges you have.
Then any time in the post game, you can return to the Gym to rematch them with a full fledged team to see how good they really are.

PWT kinda nails it as how strong each gym leader are.
---
3DS FC: 0189-8885-0137
#14MilsoPosted 11/14/2013 2:13:03 AM
RAPTall1 posted...

Origins explained this well, but I think all forms of Pokemon media have said it to some extent. Gym leaders are there to test the poteiential of trainers, not to crush them and make it impossible for anyone to progress. That's probably why most of the games have things like the battle frontier for post game content instead of more
gyms.

I think it would really throw off the sense of progression if you didn't fight any of the until the end of the game and then suddenly have to backtrack through all the gyms. More challenging fights would certainly be welcome after X and Y though.
---
rawr
#15TherianReturnsPosted 11/14/2013 2:15:55 AM
I'd prefer whole gym remodeling for the postgame. The first time you earn a badge, it's the low levels for where you're at in the game, then postgame the levels are past e4 levels and new gym trainers. And you get a shining badge version of your original badge. Would be cool if something like this was in X and Y, because it would be simple to do for Gamefreak.
---
Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about
See my Pokemon X/Y chronicles@Photobucket PSS: TR Pokedex (X) 400 / 721 - 54%