This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could someone explain the whole Random Battle/Rated Battle and PSS for me?

#1legitgamer405Posted 11/11/2013 6:53:18 PM
First of all, I know how to battle competitively, so I don't need any help in understanding that.

What I want to know is what is the difference between the two, and how exactly you are rated. In the Global Link I see all the rankings for people and that stuff but I'm confused if whether you're just supposed to battle and get points or what. Are there different rankings for every type of battle? Is there sky battling? What are the rules? Are VGC's related to this? So you get the point, I know nothing about this. I would go on the Global Link site to check for myself but it's closed for maintenance. Thanks! :)
---
3DS FC: 1564-2580-9641. PM me if you wanna add me. :) Let's trade/battle!
Official Arceus of the Pokemon X and Y Boards!
#2legitgamer405(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 6:56:55 PM
Bump.
---
#3legitgamer405(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 7:14:48 PM
legitgamer405 posted...
Bump.

---
#4digger91Posted 11/11/2013 7:20:19 PM
legitgamer405 posted...
First of all, I know how to battle competitively, so I don't need any help in understanding that.

What I want to know is what is the difference between the two, and how exactly you are rated. In the Global Link I see all the rankings for people and that stuff but I'm confused if whether you're just supposed to battle and get points or what. Are there different rankings for every type of battle? Is there sky battling? What are the rules? Are VGC's related to this? So you get the point, I know nothing about this. I would go on the Global Link site to check for myself but it's closed for maintenance. Thanks! :)

Random battles can be either free battles or rating battles. Free battles will pit you against a random opponent and your wins and loses aren't kept track of and don't affect whom you get randomly matched against. Rating battles pit you against foes who have similar win/loss records to you and your wins and losses are tracked. You get a score that starts at 1,500 and will go up or down as you win and lose. They try to match you against competition that has a similar rating to your own (and this rating differs for each mode: e.g. single, double, rotation, triple). Hope this helps a little!
---
3DS FC: 4468-0968-3347
#5the_NGWPosted 11/11/2013 7:21:03 PM
The game and the Pokemon Global Link site kinda explain it to you.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0344-9443-2457, Newtown Dream Address (AC:NL): 5400-2162-1014
"Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"
#6legitgamer405(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 7:54:52 PM
digger91 posted...
legitgamer405 posted...

Random battles can be either free battles or rating battles. Free battles will pit you against a random opponent and your wins and loses aren't kept track of and don't affect whom you get randomly matched against. Rating battles pit you against foes who have similar win/loss records to you and your wins and losses are tracked. You get a score that starts at 1,500 and will go up or down as you win and lose. They try to match you against competition that has a similar rating to your own (and this rating differs for each mode: e.g. single, double, rotation, triple). Hope this helps a little!

Exactly what I needed to know! Thanks so much! :D
---
#7legitgamer405(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 7:55:32 PM
the_NGW posted...
The game and the Pokemon Global Link site kinda explain it to you.

The Global Link site is still down and the game didn't explain to me when I tried to do a battle.
---