This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does GF favor Doubles so much?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why does GF favor Doubles so much?
2 years ago#1
I like it, but lately...it seems everything they do is Doubles focused. It's not the most popular format, so why do they show it so much bias?
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
2 years ago#2
Faster games. Less stall wars.
---
3DS: 5472-7481-8922
2 years ago#3
Doubles are less affected by tiers and stat listings, too. This lets people use more of their favorites without having to worry.
---
Rest in Peace City of Heroes: April 27, 2004 - November 30, 2012. We will miss you.
Cause of death: "Realignment of Company Focus" by NCsoft.
2 years ago#4
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
Faster games. Less stall wars.

---
"I've just remembered something...He was not as naive as you are. That's what made him a hero." Zero from RMZ
2 years ago#5
I know. Where's the rotation love?
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
2 years ago#6
Crimson_Spider posted...
Doubles are less affected by tiers and stat listings, too. This lets people use more of their favorites without having to worry.

This.

Though there are a few pokemon that seem to create a much bigger problem then they ought (talonflame is the only one that seems to cause a LOT of trouble, other things like garchomp are very manageable).

I've only fought the same style of team a few times, and they were all from japan (garchomp, rotom, tyranitor, togikess)

It's very varied, and I've only played a few games where I won and thought "there was literally nothing he could have done to prevent that", and the opposite, where I felt like I lost and couldn't do anything about it. Most games, upon reflection, you realize you could have made way better choices.
---
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On World Champion
2 years ago#7
The variation makes it a healthier battle mode. Serious singles play is super stale. It also addresses a lot of balance issues in abusive scenarios that just couldn't be addressed in single scenarios.
2 years ago#8
i always want to play doubles but i'm awful at SINGLE strategy i can't even imagine pairing up team to work with double omg -hide face-

i think double can be super fun if you know what to do -u-
---
CUTE GIRL, SPOOKY NAME my friend safari has ditto, kecleon, teddiursa
dream code: 5300-2900-4767 - RAID ON THE CITY, KNOCK OUT, EVIL TUSKS
2 years ago#9
I prefer rotation myself too but you're right though, things like florges is almost dedicated entirely to being a double format grass support.
---
FC: 3711-8087-2809
FS: Dragon - Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo
2 years ago#10
Apparently, Shadow Tag Wobbuffet caused the change to doubles as the main battle style in tournaments.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why does GF favor Doubles so much?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived