This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel like Greninja is a bit overrated..

#1wilowns1Posted 11/12/2013 1:47:18 AM
He is seeing so much use, but honestly out of all of the obvious OU Pokemon online right now he has never really given me any huge problems.

I actually am relieved when I see him enter the battlefield because I know I won't be dealing with anything extremely threatening.

Maybe,some of you all do have trouble with him? He just seems like he's a bit lacking and slightly overrated because of his design and ability (Which also can screw him over I might add.)
---
Living life in reality and fantasy. Official Alakazam of the Pokemon X Board.
3DS FC: 1762-3609-6974 Daniel
#2LontaBeansPosted 11/12/2013 1:48:23 AM
It is. Delphox FTW.
---
[::[__]::] Playing) Pokemon X and Y (3DS)
[+[__]::] ~3DS FC: 1289-8495-8484 ~
#3ShadowMaster684Posted 11/12/2013 1:54:08 AM
Yeah, Greninja's one of those Pokemon that really needs to be used very specifically and deliberately with the intention of being hard to predict and a solid asset to the team.

I think what makes it generally less effective is the fact that it's being used in the hands of people who look at its stats and just slap some moves on it because they hear it's useful. It's definitely capable of surprising someone if you use it right.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0361-6447-6950
#4ZamnatoPosted 11/12/2013 1:57:20 AM
Really easy to the defeat, even with the protean crap ability.
---
Psn: Zamnato- 3ds FC: 3539-9523-3329
Playing on 3ds: zelda ocarina of time, kingdom hearts dream drop distances
#5sharazisspecialPosted 11/12/2013 2:08:51 AM(edited)
122 speed + multi stab lets outspeed and 1-2hit ko alot of things. Protean u-turn is quite nice too.
Mat block is a broken move for doubles suprised i don't see more matblocks in stream.

It gets too much bashing from poke hipsters if anything. Noone believes its going to ubers but it has a guaranteed spot in ou.
#6LexifoxPosted 11/12/2013 2:07:12 AM
I think it's a strong, viable Pokemon, but people hype it a bit too much.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7POPSHU_FRUITCHUPosted 11/12/2013 2:13:28 AM
I agree, every time I see one online, it get's taken out in one attack, though I usually fight people who have no idea what they're doing, so it's hard to say.
---
*Opposing Pokemon leans in to your Pokemon*
"Your mom was a slutty Ditto, you have over 100 siblings with 6 different dads"
#8sharazisspecialPosted 11/12/2013 2:16:01 AM(edited)
LontaBeans posted...
It is. Delphox FTW.

When compared to delphox then greninja is underhyped. Delphox is a really bad pokemon in OU enviroment.

If compared to all the ou greninja isn't a league above them or anything. He just fits well into many teams . He is also quite a unique pokemon so he is refreshing to use.
#9JarickoPosted 11/12/2013 2:17:23 AM(edited)
All its really lacking is a decent ghost type coverage. ( I realize it has shadow sneak and hidden power ghost, shadow ball would be cool though... )
---
" Don't curse the darkness--light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade. "
#10sharazisspecialPosted 11/12/2013 2:20:29 AM(edited)
Jaricko posted...
All its really lacking is a decent ghost type coverage.

Dark pulse for special. Nightslash and shadow sneak for physical.

Jaricko posted...
sharazisspecial posted...
Jaricko posted...
All its really lacking is a decent ghost type coverage.

Dark pulse for special. Nightslash and shadow sneak for physical.

I do not want it for the super effective against psychic types. I want it for the protean switch. It would just be awesome if it could also do great damage as well..

If you meant you want greninja to use a ghost type move then shadow sneak and i guess hidden power ghost is an option. BP 90 with stab is decent. Shadow ball is just 20 more bp then HP ghost