This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battle Maison Scizor Set? (Non-Mega)

#1deoxyscyclonePosted 11/12/2013 2:04:18 AM
Hallo, peoples! I'm playing around with different sets and Pokemon to use in the Battle Maison, and I'm looking for a little advice given my next member to be tested: Scizor.

Now, I'm gonna be using a normal Scizor this time around, before I try out Mega Scizor (who just so happens to be a destructive force of doom in the Battle Maison). I plan on using a different Mega with him, so this time it will be a normal Scizor.

Anyway, what I'm looking for is a bit of set advice. Given that Scizor doesn't get Superpower (for now) or Bug Bite (for now), his attack choices are forced to diversify. This is the set I was thinking of using, but I'd like to hear what you guys think as well, first.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
248 HP, 252 Attack, 8 Sp.Def
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Theif
- ???

However, I am not sure what to do about the last attack slot. And even the IVs are a bit cookie-cutter. I would have assumed Attack and Speed, but apparently Attack and HP is the usual Choice Scizor set.

How would this set compare to a Life Orb set, or some kind of Swords Dance set? Anything you guys could recommend to use?

Thanks in advance! I appreciate it~!
---
3DS FC: 5112-3533-9935 ~ Pokemon XY Name: Beta ~ (Cascoon, Ariados, Whirlipede)
I'm also a Let's Player on YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/BetaNights
#2ShadowMaster684Posted 11/12/2013 2:07:32 AM
Personally, I'd recommend Bullet Punch, Thief, Swords Dance, and Roost. There will be plenty of times where you'll have the opportunity to comfortably set up and heal, and that'll help you break through the rest of the team you're up against, which is definitely nice. Obviously the mega does this best, but as far as the Battle Maison goes in general, you probably won't want to be choice-locked, because it can cost you.

I'd just throw Leftovers or a Life Orb on it, based on whether you want more damage or more sustainability, obviously.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0361-6447-6950
#3deoxyscyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 2:16:04 AM
Yeah, I suppose I never considered the fact that Choice Band, while making Scizor a metallic little nuke, can cause some problems in a place like the Battle Maison. I'll have to consider whether the Life Orb or Leftovers will be more worth it for him, then. I may go with LO for the power, since Mega Scizor does the bulky thing a bit better. :P

I'm actually about to get enough BP for the Choice Band now. I guess I'll change that to a Life Orb, then! :D

Anyone else have any input here? I'd love to hear it, regardless! :D
---
#4zantxPosted 11/12/2013 2:18:04 AM
I'll just tell you my Scizor and you can see if there are any elements of it you want to incorporate in yours.

My old Scizor (Subway) used to run 252 HP, 252 Atk and 4 SpD/Def/Spd (forgot which), Adamant nature. It had Bullet Punch, Aerial Ace, Superpower and Bug Bite, holding a Life Orb.

Since the 2 latter moves aren't available in XY, I replaced them with Brick Break & X-Scissor for now (120 BP after STAB, which is just 15 less than Bug Bite so it's not too bad, but Brick Break is subject to change). So far it's been working well.

I am however considering to give it Swords Dance and replace Life Orb with Leftovers/Scizorite.
#5ShadowMaster684Posted 11/12/2013 2:22:17 AM
Yeah, the main reason I recommend going with just Bullet Punch and Thief for your attacking moves is, ultimately, that's all you really need. The only think you would have needed something like Brick Break for is Steel types, and they don't resist Dark anymore.

Bug is resisted by so much it's not really worth it anyway - Dark still hits Psychics and stuff, and Dark and Grass don't resist Steel.

Also, Thief got a power increase this gen which brings it up to 60 BP normally, which Technician boosts to 90. It's quite powerful and effective.

That being said, depending on what you want to run, you can probably just go with a Life Orb, and use Roost for all the recovery you should need.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0361-6447-6950
#6deoxyscyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 2:43:15 AM
@zantx
Yeah, I used to run something very similar to your Subway set, in the past. With new changed, I'll have to adapt... Though Thief is a very nice alternative with its new buff!

@ShadowMaster684
True. It offers great coverage which is really only resisted by a couple Pokemon (those with some combination of Fire and Water + Dark and Fighting, like Houndoom and Poliwrath). Besides, after a Swords Dance or two, I doubt even they'll appreciate a Bullet Punch to the face.
---
#7SaphirahPosted 11/12/2013 2:58:38 AM
The game is going to spam Fire types. Be warned. My Rotoms only weakness is Grass and 90% lead with grass and about half have 2 grass types.
---
3DS FC: 2621 2684 0605.
#8deoxyscyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 3:00:20 AM
Saphirah posted...
The game is going to spam Fire types. Be warned. My Rotoms only weakness is Grass and 90% lead with grass and about half have 2 grass types.

Yeah, I've heard about that... Sadly, my team doesn't have a solid counter to Fire Types, though it does have a Pokemon to help soak up the hits really well then blast them back.

I have to be ready for this. ^^"
---
#9GoGoatPosted 11/12/2013 6:12:01 AM
After running mega scizor for awhile, I didn't see a lot of fire types, but the game did start throwing out a ton of encore users in response to swords dance tactics.

It also taught me that Slowbro can learn flamethrower, for some ungodly reason.
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
3ds FC: 1934-0765-5595 http://i.imgur.com/t35hiVk.jpg
#10deoxyscyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 12:40:40 AM
GoGoat posted...
After running mega scizor for awhile, I didn't see a lot of fire types, but the game did start throwing out a ton of encore users in response to swords dance tactics.

It also taught me that Slowbro can learn flamethrower, for some ungodly reason.

Yeah, it does seem to be a bit of a shot in the dark as to whether they will do that or not. ^^"

As for Slowbro, I have no problems dealing with him (my Mega destroys him), and I remember him using Fire Blast in my Stadium days, so that won't catch me by surprise. :P
---