This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In your -points at you- opinion, who are the 3 most overrated pokemon this gen?

#31Ultima_WraithPosted 11/12/2013 9:35:31 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...
It's still not as awesome as advertised, it's advertised as the ultimate pokemon that will destory everything that gets in its way and it just isn't.

Oh, yeah. I agree with ya there. Garchomp isn't a guaranteed win. Far from it.

That's the point I was getting at, Garchomp has it's place, but it also can be stopped and isn't something that "everyone should put on their team no matter what"
---
| 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
Vs. Recorder Videos: 73PG-WWWW-WWWX-UQD3 & UUNG-WWWW-WWW2-K47K
#32CakeOfLiesPosted 11/12/2013 9:37:32 AM
Ultima_Wraith posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...
It's still not as awesome as advertised, it's advertised as the ultimate pokemon that will destory everything that gets in its way and it just isn't.

That's the point I was getting at, Garchomp has it's place, but it also can be stopped and isn't something that "everyone should put on their team no matter what"

I was under the impression that you thought it sucked before.

I don't like seeing it on every team in Ranked (it was that way in Gen 5, anyway. Haven't gotten to it in Gen 6 yet). I made a team that looked like Garchomp would destroy it to lure the Chomps out and destroy them.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#33apolloflameownsPosted 11/12/2013 9:39:10 AM
Xerneas by far

Other two don't matter
---
OFFICIAL KID ICARUS UPRISING CHAMPION/FUSION MASTER
Online Name = ******** (All Stars in Name)
#34Ultima_WraithPosted 11/12/2013 9:40:27 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...

I was under the impression that you thought it sucked before.

I don't like seeing it on every team in Ranked (it was that way in Gen 5, anyway. Haven't gotten to it in Gen 6 yet). I made a team that looked like Garchomp would destroy it to lure the Chomps out and destroy them.

I have a rain dance team that Chomps don't do well against, i actually waited and killed one guy's Garchomp last because I knew I could off it whenever and wanted to deal with the rest of his team. As much as I love how versatile klefki is it shouldn't be on *every* team. i don't think anyone one pokemon deserves "just because" status during team building :/
---
#35HeroOfLightPKNPosted 11/12/2013 9:42:33 AM
In what world does Garchomp not OHKO Politoed? Besides all that Politoed is hardly relevant with the weather nerf.

The reason people say Garchomp is so good is because he generally requires at least one lost Pokemon to remove. He's very difficult to switch in safely on. Even the new Fairy weakness doesn't hurt him that much, other then maybe reconsidering going full Ham Outrage.

As far as overrated, I would say Greninja.

Most of the other highly popular Pokemon require some type of consideration in team building or your gonna get swept.
---
Nova : Gabite, Noibat, Sligoo 4811-7022-4456 / please send your trainer name in messages
#36CakeOfLiesPosted 11/12/2013 9:44:25 AM
HeroOfLightPKN posted...
In what world does Garchomp not OHKO Politoed? Besides all that Politoed is hardly relevant with the weather nerf.

The reason people say Garchomp is so good is because he generally requires at least one lost Pokemon to remove. He's very difficult to switch in safely on. Even the new Fairy weakness doesn't hurt him that much, other then maybe reconsidering going full Ham Outrage.

Most of the other highly popular Pokemon require some type of consideration in team building or your gonna get swept.

Garchomp doesn't OHKO Politoed when Politoed holds a Scarf and uses Ice Beam (like mine).
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#37Ultima_WraithPosted 11/12/2013 9:44:43 AM
HeroOfLightPKN posted...

Rain is still a relevant weather, and Garchomp's earthquake leaves bulky Politoed still alive, with an ice beam ready and waiting. i'm not sure why people are saying it's not relevant because of the weather nerf, Rain Dance is not hard to get set up and running.
---
#38Earth_EchidnaPosted 11/12/2013 9:44:53 AM
1. Goomy (please don't judge me!)
2. Mega Lucario (swept by a Mega Aerodactyl with Fly and that isn't even EV trained.)
3. As much as I like it... Greninja.
---
3DS FC: 2707-2741-9594
Pokemon Y Safari- Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus
#39tarzanmxPosted 11/12/2013 9:46:59 AM
1.-Mega Blaziken... Was it really necessary?

2.-Greninja. It's good, but I just don't see what makes it that great. Even with Protean.

3.-Aegislash. Also wins the title of "most hated Pokémon this gen" for me. The normal ones fall easy. It's the ones that play smart and don't follow a pattern that are difficult as hell to beat. Plus it got all that hype and I feel silly for not going nuts over it when I first saw it like everyone else seemed to do -.-
---
Not changing this sig until I have at least one Shiny version of each Eeveelution.
1/9 done.
#40MogKnightAzurePosted 11/12/2013 9:47:44 AM
apolloflameowns posted...
Xerneas by far

Other two don't matter

Xerneas is easy Ubers, immune to the mass amount of dragons in the tier, can set up with an instant +2 sp.att, sp.def, and speed.. and a ridiculous movepool that can take advantage of both of it's base 131 attack stats, including self-healing in the form of Horn Leech, brutal power in the form of Close Combat and STAB Moonblast, team support with Gravity, Misty Terrain, and Aromatherapy, and plenty of coverage attacks for that buffed Sp.Att with Grass Knot, Tbolt, Psyshock, and Focus Blast.

I'm not sure how it could be overrated, this thing is monstrously strong, even in Uber standards.
---
3DS FC: 2423-3095-6556