This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A breeding question.......

#1ElpollogabazXIIPosted 11/12/2013 12:51:51 PM
1. I heard that if one parent has a power item it will guarantee that the egg will pass down that IV, If I have ( for example) a pokemon with 5 IV, no max speed IV and I put that pokemon and a Ditto with max speed IV and with the speed power item, even If I fail because the Ditto will only have 2-3 IV, will I get ( eventually )a flawless pokemon?
---
FC:4554-0946-9339
THE POKEMON WENT INSIDE THE POKEBALL? Shauna, stupidiest human ever,
#2ElpollogabazXII(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 12:54:32 PM
---
#323figuresPosted 11/12/2013 12:56:23 PM
You'd be better off using the destiny knot, since without it 3 of the stats would not be passed down but would be randomized IIRC
#4ElpollogabazXII(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 12:59:05 PM
23figures posted...
You'd be better off using the destiny knot, since without it 3 of the stats would not be passed down but would be randomized IIRC

If I USE the destiny knot and ALL that other process, will I have eventually a 6 IV Pokemon
---
#5darkshadowspawnPosted 11/12/2013 1:00:02 PM
Eventually. It'd take quite a while, but it's possible.
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh
#6darkshadowspawnPosted 11/12/2013 1:01:18 PM
The problem then becomes the fact that the Power item doesn't always guarantee it being on the baby, since the IV can still be overwritten by the randomised inheritance.
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh
#723figuresPosted 11/12/2013 1:02:05 PM
If you do pretty much anything you'll eventually get a 6 IV Pokemon due to how probability works
the fastest way is to have two parents with multiple 31s, one holding the everstone with the nature you want and the other holding the destiny knot.
If you do that then yes, after a while you should hatch a 6 IV Pokemon
#8SlaynPosted 11/12/2013 1:04:14 PM
23figures posted...
If you do pretty much anything you'll eventually get a 6 IV Pokemon due to how probability works
the fastest way is to have two parents with multiple 31s, one holding the everstone with the nature you want and the other holding the destiny knot.
If you do that then yes, after a while you should hatch a 6 IV Pokemon

Are you saying that the chances of getting a 6IV perfect pokemon is the same with everstone/destiny knot than with power item/destiny knot? I am just curious. I would never breed a pokemon without everstone, because having the right nature is FAR more beneficial than having 6IV, which is usually useless, as not many people use attack and special attack.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#923figuresPosted 11/12/2013 1:13:35 PM
That seems like a strange question. Obviously you'd always want an everstone, because as you said getting the right nature is more important than a sixth IV.
As I've never used a power item and a destiny knot together before for the above reason I'm not entirely sure whether that would work or not.