This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hmm, what to use as some of my core team members for the play-through...

#1Sephiroth C RyuPosted 11/13/2013 8:12:57 PM
I've just gotten the second starter, and I've decided to chain-wonder-trade and GTS a bit to get together a "main group" to go with for the run of the game.

Thus far, I have settled on using chespin and squirtle. I think I'll also give a scyther a go since I was able to get a level 1 one off of a wondertrade, and I haven't ever seriously tried to use a bug-type for the main story before. I may also go with a beldum since for whatever reason I never went through a main game with a steel type either, and it would also take the psychic slot for me.

Which leaves two slots for the main story party. Any suggestions on stuff that is easy enough to find in wonder trade/get a decent deal for on GTS for them?
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#2Sephiroth C Ryu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 8:21:07 PM
You sometimes see Gibles in wondertrade, but apparently Garchomp can't learn Fly...

Should I just go the old fashioned route and have a pidgey/etc around for that?

Of course, all pokemon are subject to change, but I likely won't do so for at least a few gyms.
---
*pounces* Nyaa!
#3Sephiroth C Ryu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 8:35:51 PM
One more bump for the fast board before I let it die.
---
*pounces* Nyaa!
#4-Crazy_Dude-Posted 11/13/2013 8:41:11 PM
Sephiroth C Ryu posted...
You sometimes see Gibles in wondertrade, but apparently Garchomp can't learn Fly...

Should I just go the old fashioned route and have a pidgey/etc around for that?

Of course, all pokemon are subject to change, but I likely won't do so for at least a few gyms.

I got an areodactyl through wonder trade, you get areodactylite from the fossil place after finding the 2 fossils. Mega-areodactyl got me out of many a jamů and it can learn fly.

I would suggest a fire type.
#5Sephiroth C Ryu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 8:45:41 PM
Ah yes. I can probably use the event torchic for that.

Its probably ok if I have more then just 6 too, can always switch some out for certain areas. People in some other topics mention its easier to level in this game then some of the others, even without the exp-share turned on.
---
*pounces* Nyaa!