This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Masuda Method - Region/Language

#1ChimzieePosted 11/14/2013 1:45:57 AM
First off, I'm from Australia and I was wondering if my system is set to Australia, my game set to English and I bought another game setting the language to a foreign language using the same console, would Masuda Method work using Pokemon from both games?
---
3DS Friend Code: 4055-4040-2745 | IGN: Cloud
Ledyba | Illumise | Venomoth
#2dndotPosted 11/14/2013 1:46:46 AM
no, cause the origin of the game is still AUS, need an actual japanese game :P
---
3DS FC: 2595-0508-4763 - dn.
#3EscheriaPosted 11/14/2013 1:55:23 AM
It's all about the language of the game, not region. I own both X and Y, both are bought in Switzerland and I have set my main game to English and secondary game is in German, so when I trade Pokemon between those games, they appear 'foreign' to each other.

So yes, I breed my own Masuda Method eligible parents and you can do that too.
---
3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834
Pokemon IGN X: Esch (EN) Y: LISA (DE) | Safari: Quagsire, Bibarel, Poliwhirl | Meadow Vivillon
#4krystylaPosted 11/14/2013 2:02:35 AM
Escheria posted...
It's all about the language of the game, not region. I own both X and Y, both are bought in Switzerland and I have set my main game to English and secondary game is in German, so when I trade Pokemon between those games, they appear 'foreign' to each other.

I don't think so, Pokemon still differentiates between region just not obviously
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752
PSN: JudasInHell
#5Chimziee(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 2:03:21 AM
Escheria posted...

Have you has any successes in Mm shinies yet? o:
---
3DS Friend Code: 4055-4040-2745 | IGN: Cloud
Ledyba | Illumise | Venomoth
#6krystylaPosted 11/14/2013 2:04:58 AM
Chimziee posted...
Escheria posted...

Even if he had it wouldn't prove anything for all we know MM uses region not language
---
#7Master XPosted 11/14/2013 2:05:02 AM
I know if you use your own with a foreign language one the odds are increased, but what if you have two foreign language Mon that are both different to your language and different from each other. Would that increase the odds more?
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X "For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."
#8krystylaPosted 11/14/2013 2:07:46 AM
Master X posted...
I know if you use your own with a foreign language one the odds are increased, but what if you have two foreign language Mon that are both different to your language and different from each other. Would that increase the odds more?

No, and its not foreign language but region that matters
---
#9saturo96Posted 11/14/2013 2:08:38 AM
i think it needs to be diferent region, remember in HGSS, Surge's pikachu was french but it wasn't usable for the masuda metod with pokemon caught within the same game
---
3DS FC: 2320-7427-9523
Friend Safari: Seviper, Garbador, Muk
#10EscheriaPosted 11/14/2013 2:16:25 AM
Chimziee posted...
Escheria posted...

I have not MM bred anything myself, I just rebreed Pokemon people give to me and return them an equivalent German parent. One of my friends did get a shiny the next day, but it's just luck :D I'm not too interested in shinies myself, I'm collecting competitive mons instead. I am always happy to get a new shiny but I'm not actually trying to get any :P

saturo96 posted...
i think it needs to be diferent region, remember in HGSS, Surge's pikachu was french but it wasn't usable for the masuda metod with pokemon caught within the same game

In DPPt, Masuda Method worked based on game language and here it's the same. When a game shows you the Pokemon is from a different language, then it is eligible for Masuda Method, as simple as that. The Pokemon you mentioned and also that German Kappa Magikarp are simply exceptions to the rule that were programmed into the game this way
---
3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834
Pokemon IGN X: Esch (EN) Y: LISA (DE) | Safari: Quagsire, Bibarel, Poliwhirl | Meadow Vivillon