This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Team-Building Application Project

#51KefkaesqueXIIIPosted 11/23/2013 2:03:04 PM
Found a bug:

The Ability drop down menu does not work for Ninetails. I've tried both versions as well as different slots.
---
http://tinyurl.com/OperationDecode
Please sign this petition to get Digimon Re:Digitize Decode localized!
#52zidane7007(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 2:07:28 PM
KefkaesqueXIII posted...
Found a bug:

The Ability drop down menu does not work for Ninetails. I've tried both versions as well as different slots.

Fixed :)
---
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz, MSI Geforce GTX680 Twinfrozr Ed, 8 gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600 Mhz.
PSN: zidane7007, XBL: Basstardfish
#53Lv24MagmarPosted 11/24/2013 3:19:42 AM
Ah man, somebody somewhere NEEDS to make a Pokémon team builder app! I assume the link is to a website or something, like the Marriland site. I can make the chart on paper but I would REALLY like to have an app for it. The Pokémon Weakness app I have is very close but still not quite there...
#54zidane7007(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 8:38:19 AM
Lv24Magmar posted...
Ah man, somebody somewhere NEEDS to make a Pokémon team builder app! I assume the link is to a website or something, like the Marriland site. I can make the chart on paper but I would REALLY like to have an app for it. The Pokémon Weakness app I have is very close but still not quite there...

It's a link to download an Excel spreadsheet actually. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but I may eventually consider making an app if/when I get into android programming. But anyway, try the spreadsheet out! I suppose it isn't quite as convenient as an app, but it's still pretty handy!
---
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz, MSI Geforce GTX680 Twinfrozr Ed, 8 gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600 Mhz.
#55SwordmalicePosted 11/28/2013 7:38:13 AM
Sir, this is FANTASTIC; I am truly impressed. I used Excel regularly for work at an old job, so I know the work that goes into making these. Excellent work.

I do have a request though, do you think you could update it with a row that could include a Pokemon's nickname? I know many of us love naming our Pokemon, so I thought it'd be a great addition.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 2709 9404 2252
Name: David
#56zidane7007(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2013 1:41:15 PM
Swordmalice posted...
Sir, this is FANTASTIC; I am truly impressed. I used Excel regularly for work at an old job, so I know the work that goes into making these. Excellent work.

I do have a request though, do you think you could update it with a row that could include a Pokemon's nickname? I know many of us love naming our Pokemon, so I thought it'd be a great addition.

I'm glad you like it! I'll keep that request in mind, but the main purpose of the sheet is to analyze teams for competitive play, and as such I tried to keep extraneous information to a minimum so as not to clutter it.

After Thanksgiving I will begin working on adding the base stats area to the spreadsheet. If I find that it does not obstruct the rest of the design, I will add a nickname row as well.
---
#57GraysparkPosted 12/2/2013 3:04:14 AM
Yeah this is awesome and all but I'm not paying $100 for fu**ing excel. Is there really no other way to get this working?
#58zidane7007(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 7:11:23 AM
Grayspark posted...
Yeah this is awesome and all but I'm not paying $100 for fu**ing excel. Is there really no other way to get this working?

It may be possible that it could be repurposed to work for OpenOffice or something. However, my time to work on this has been pretty slim lately, and it isn't a top priority for me at the moment. On top of that, I don't know the first thing about how to use OpenOffice.

Now, if somebody who does know how to use OpenOffice is interested in working with it, I would be willing to share the template from which I work.

Sorry to close off those of you who don't have Excel. This started as a personal project, so I built it using just what I had available. Hopefully it won't stay restricted to Msoft's overpriced software forever.
---
#59GraysparkPosted 12/2/2013 10:59:37 AM
It's fine I didn't mean it to come off as I'm pissed at you just Microsoft
#60zidane7007(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 12:58:32 PM(edited)
Grayspark posted...
It's fine I didn't mean it to come off as I'm pissed at you just Microsoft

No, I totally understand. I just feel bad because I'm not used to not having Office to work with, so I hadn't really considered those that who don't.

Now, on another note, I am working on the next build of the sheet, but it is going to take some time. However, I have a surprise for you all! I won't reveal it directly, but I do want to know, what colors do you guys think make sense for each stat in the game? Currently I have:

HP: Green
Attack: Red
Defense: Brown
Special Attack: Pink
Special Defense: Purple
Speed: Yellow

Any thoughts?

Edit: On second thought, I might just use the same colors as the stat charts on Bulbapedia, as I am getting my info from there anyway.
---