This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Team-Building Application Project

#61GraysparkPosted 12/2/2013 7:50:21 PM
I kinda know how to work openoffice IIRC it works the same as Excel
---
FC: 4210-4089-8487
Safari: Vivillon, Combee and Masquerain.
#62EponalovePosted 12/2/2013 10:56:52 PM
the stats have colors in-game too. like on the supertraining screen.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bEaBV.jpg
#63zidane7007(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 5:29:39 AM
Eponalove posted...
the stats have colors in-game too. like on the supertraining screen.

They do? I hadn't even noticed. I'll compare those to the ones I got from bulbagarden and decide which one I like better. With some luck, I'll have the update ready later today! Otherwise, hopefully tomorrow.
---
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz, MSI Geforce GTX680 Twinfrozr Ed, 8 gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600 Mhz.
PSN: zidane7007, XBL: Basstardfish
#64zidane7007(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 12:19:36 PM(edited)
The new version is ready! This is going to be a little confusing, but for now I am only supporting the spreadsheet with types, but it is now just named "Pokemon Team Builder", which means that the link for "With Types" is currently down. I will be experimenting with another tweak that I may put out later today, or possibly tomorrow. Thanks for all the continued support guys!

Edit: Work today has been pretty slow, so I went ahead and made the update to add colors to the type table, as was requested earlier in this thread. I can't decide if I like it or not, so I would like to hear what you guys think! Also, of course keep an eye out for general errors/bugs and I will fix them asap!
---
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz, MSI Geforce GTX680 Twinfrozr Ed, 8 gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600 Mhz.
#65zidane7007(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 6:12:12 AM
Just a small change; I made Stealth Rock not show up on the type effectiveness chart. I know it *technically* can be super effective, but it's not an actively damaging move, so I decided that it would be better to not be included in type coverage.
---
#66zidane7007(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 12:52:58 PM(edited)
I have begun to work on the owned Pokemon tab idea. I originally thought this might be outside the scope of what I should expect from the spreasheet, but it's actually looking to be quite possible so far. I have a basic version working where you can put Pokemon in an owned tab the same way you put them on the team list now, and then you can select from your owned pokemon, which prefills their info into the team page. However, I am having an issue when I enter more than one of the same Pokemon. There is probably a workaround, but I haven't found it yet.

Edit: Good news! I have found a workaround for the duplicate problem that also answers another request: Nicknames! Coming in the 5.0 update, all Pokemon will be entered into a new "Owned Pokemon" tab, which I am planning to allow for 500 Pokemon or something crazy large like that. It will also bring a new row called "Nickname" which, surprisingly enough, is for your Pokemon's nickname!

Now, these nicknames come with a couple of stipulations. First, you have to have a nickname. It can be the same as the actual Pokemon's name, but you still have to enter it. This will be a manual text entry. From there, you will fill out the rest of each column of the owned tab in the same way as you do in the team tabs now.

Now for the second stipulation: NO DUPLICATE NAMES!! This is to prevent the issue I ran into before I added the nickname tab. Basically what will happen is the team sheet will only ever show info for the first instance of the name that you enter. So if you have two Absols, both without nicknames, name them Absol 1 and Absol 2 or something! Or however you want to do it, as long as the name isn't the same. Also, the case of the letters does not make names different, so Absol and absol will create the same issue as Absol and Absol!

Lastly, I am going to raise the number of team tabs to 5 so that people like me who like to play with lots of different teams have more freedom to do so in the spreadsheet!

If work continues to be slow, I may be able to release this update as soon as tomorrow. Otherwise, I can't say for sure. I hope that for now you all continue to enjoy the spreadsheet, and are as excited as I am to see this thing continue to grow!
---
#67zidane7007(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 5:25:22 AM(edited)
The new version is live! As I mentioned before, all data is now entered into the Owned Pokemon tab! All you have to enter into the team pages are the nickname you create for your Pokemon!

2 big rules that will keep this running smoothly:

1. Every Pokemon has to have a nickname, and they must all be unique!
If you don't use nicknames, just come up with something, even if it's Pokemon 1, Pokemon 2, etc!

2. Do not skip any slots!
This will break the dropdown for nicknames on the team sheets! I don't know why you would anyway, but just don't do it!

And finally, here's the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jwl0jpd2cesxhw/Pokemon%20Team%20Builder.xlsx

It's the same link as "without types" in the first post, but that title is no longer accurate because this version does indeed display types.

As always, let me know if you run into any problems, and enjoy!

Edit: My next goal is to find a way to allow the user to sort the Pokemon they have entered in the "Owned Pokemon" tab, so wish me luck!
---
#68zidane7007(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 7:29:18 AM
Sorry if these are coming too quickly. This week has been very slow. I was fiddling around with colors some more and decided to try something. As a result, a new version is now out which shows colors for the type of each Pokemon and move. Also, fields within the tables that cannot be modified by the user are either colored according to what they are, such as the type fields and the stat fields in the rightmost stat table, or are colored a light gray. This makes it easier to understand for which fields the user actually needs to enter data.

I haven't had any luck with the sorting so far unfortunately, which means that the Owned Pokemon tab might be pretty hard to keep organized for the time being. Hopefully I'll figure something out.
---
#69zidane7007(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 5:55:57 PM
I just realized that when I remade the type chart code for the newest version of the spreadsheet, I forgot to account for abilities that create immunity. I will have that added back in shortly.
---
#70zidane7007(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 7:04:16 PM
Fixed
---