This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Team-Building Application Project

#71zidane7007(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2013 2:58:21 PM
*Sigh* when I fixed the immunities from abilities thing, I forgot about abilities that reduce damage from moves instead of straight up immunity. The biggest one being Thick Fat. I will remedy this soon, possibly tomorrow. I would do it tonight, but I'm sick :(

Sorry about that!
---
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz, MSI Geforce GTX680 Twinfrozr Ed, 8 gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600 Mhz.
PSN: zidane7007, XBL: Basstardfish
#72HoothootsPosted 12/11/2013 1:38:40 PM(edited)
This looks really awesome, but for some reason I can't get it to work on Excel 2011- Mac version. The 'owned pokemon' section works, but the actual team charts won't, gives me an error when I try to edit the Name: field and tells me I need a password.

Edit: I'm sorry, I just saw the post on the previous page, I tried it out and it works perfectly! I can't wait to plan all the things!
#73zidane7007(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 6:01:07 AM
Hoothoots posted...
This looks really awesome, but for some reason I can't get it to work on Excel 2011- Mac version. The 'owned pokemon' section works, but the actual team charts won't, gives me an error when I try to edit the Name: field and tells me I need a password.

Edit: I'm sorry, I just saw the post on the previous page, I tried it out and it works perfectly! I can't wait to plan all the things!

Yeah sorry, I can't edit the original post with the now-inaccurate links and this thread is getting kind of long. I am considering having this one unstickied and making a new one that has the correct information in the first post. However, I would like to wait until I have a solid version that has little to no errors and won't see revisions quite as rapidly as I have been putting them out so far. That way I can hopefully avoid this same thing happening.
---
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz, MSI Geforce GTX680 Twinfrozr Ed, 8 gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600 Mhz.
#74kinodePosted 12/12/2013 9:50:31 AM
I'm having trouble here. How do I type in "Flame Body" as an ability? It doesn't seem to work no matter how I type it.
#75kinodePosted 12/12/2013 9:54:35 AM
Just realized, my program doesn't have a dropdown list on the abilities. So I can't select it.
Gggg if only there was a way to use this in Linux... I really need it D:
#76zidane7007(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 11:29:45 AM(edited)
kinode posted...
I'm having trouble here. How do I type in "Flame Body" as an ability? It doesn't seem to work no matter how I type it.

What Pokemon are you having this issue with?

Edit: Oh, Linux. Darnit! I guess Excel isn't exactly the go-to program for universal compatibility :(
---
#77Pikachu300Posted 12/14/2013 8:07:09 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jwl0jpd2cesxhw/Pokemon%20Team%20Builder.xlsx

I used this one but I can't type anything. When I try to type in the Ability Moves, etc. it just says that I can't edit and I need a Password. I probably am doing something really stupid but I just wanted to know what happened to this...
---
1375-8350-6103 ACNL First and Permanent town: Pikachu from Pokepark ACNL Second and Cycling Town: Luigi from 3D Land. X/Y: Ash. Psychic Safari. LMDM: Luigi
#78zidane7007(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2013 9:40:54 AM
Pikachu300 posted...

I used this one but I can't type anything. When I try to type in the Ability Moves, etc. it just says that I can't edit and I need a Password. I probably am doing something really stupid but I just wanted to know what happened to this...

Yeah, sorry. The instructions in the original post no longer apply, and the correct instructions are in post 60-something. In the current version of the spreadsheet, you enter all Pokemon data into the Owned Pokemon tab. You have to enter the Pokemon name into the second row (first row is for nickname), and then you can select an ability for that Pokemon in the ability row. Ability selection is tied to the Pokemon selected, which is why it works this way. Without a Pokemon name enter, the list of possible abilities is empty, so anything you enter will be invalid.
---
#79Pikachu300Posted 12/16/2013 5:47:29 PM
zidane7007 posted...
Pikachu300 posted...

Yeah, sorry. The instructions in the original post no longer apply, and the correct instructions are in post 60-something. In the current version of the spreadsheet, you enter all Pokemon data into the Owned Pokemon tab. You have to enter the Pokemon name into the second row (first row is for nickname), and then you can select an ability for that Pokemon in the ability row. Ability selection is tied to the Pokemon selected, which is why it works this way. Without a Pokemon name enter, the list of possible abilities is empty, so anything you enter will be invalid.

Another thing I found out with this one. After I type Zygarde, the type doesn't show up. I mean, I know that Zygarde is a Dragon-Ground type but still just something I found.
---
1375-8350-6103 ACNL First and Permanent town: Pikachu from Pokepark ACNL Second and Cycling Town: Luigi from 3D Land. X/Y: Ash. Psychic Safari. LMDM: Luigi
#80zidane7007(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2013 5:58:32 AM
Pikachu300 posted...
zidane7007 posted...
Pikachu300 posted...

Another thing I found out with this one. After I type Zygarde, the type doesn't show up. I mean, I know that Zygarde is a Dragon-Ground type but still just something I found.

Fixed. Thanks for catching that!
---