This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Legendary Pokemon

#1Shinwufang2Posted 11/16/2013 4:30:28 AM
What is the point of including the likes of Mewtwo, Yveltal and Zygarde if you can't even use them in the Battle Maison? I don't get it, you put time and effort in to creating something then DON'T allow people to use it. The Legends might as well be in a freaking museum because you can only really look at them. I mean yeah you can use them against the elite 4 but by the time you get to Mewtwo and Zygarde you have been them already. Plus Yveltal couldn't have fit on my current team any way. So why make legendary pokemon if you can barely use them post game...
---
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once."
#2SolRiverPosted 11/16/2013 4:33:13 AM
because children love big bad ass legendary

and it drive sell well

people who dont care for legendary and buy the game? they are hardcore and would buy regardless.
---
Delibird, Cloyster, and Beartic.
0018 0693 5974
#3jEr3mYPosted 11/16/2013 4:33:45 AM
Because mega strong legendary Pokemon is cheap....... ever considered that???
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 20 - updated 4 Nov 2013
#4VerkinsPosted 11/16/2013 4:58:05 AM
You can use banned legendaries in free battles online and use them to help train your newer pokemon.
#5immrsmithPosted 11/16/2013 5:00:58 AM
I've not used the main story legendaries since gen 3 personally.
---
GamerTag: Naughty eBabe
3DS- Dan - 2766-9240-4888 Friend safari - Gastrodon, Dugtrio, Trapinch
#6RotomGuy3Posted 11/16/2013 5:03:53 AM
I'm sorry that my Regice is so, so OP.
---
My 3DS FC
Rotom: 3308-5985-4794
#7SnowxReturnsPosted 11/16/2013 5:10:25 AM
Legendaries exist for marketing purposes.
#8AsagiBoogersPosted 11/16/2013 5:11:14 AM
RotomGuy3 posted...

nerf Mesprit pls
---
3DS FC: 0791-2421-2081
Friend Safari: Poopitar, Nosepass, Rhydon
#9ZappaMoonunitPosted 11/16/2013 6:15:18 AM
AsagiBoogers posted...
RotomGuy3 posted...

nerf Mesprit pls

while at it pls nerf Regigigas
---
What a board we post in,
with all these trolls in it
#10xXkewls0358Posted 11/16/2013 6:46:14 AM(edited)
Actually I'll have to agree with TC on this. Its like giving you money for your efforts and then telling you it isn't good to spend in most places.

There is always a way to make something work. Always.

Just off the top of my head lets see... Gamefreak could do some balancing between legendaries while still keeping them a little bit more powerful than your regular pokemon. And sure as with the regular pokemon your still gonna have a few different tiers between these legendaries; some being a bit better than others, niches here an there, and so on. But the end result is allowing only a single legendary on your team if you choose to use them. It would be just like mega's.

So in just about every play (whether it be casual online or competitive) your allowed 4 regulars at least, and upto 1 mega and 1 legendary per team. Or you can stick with 6 regulars if you feel your/its good enough and that's your thing. (edit) If you choose Mewtwo and bring its mega stone, then obviously you gotta pick 5 regulars to finish out the team.(end of edit) Not only would that add a bit more diversity but it could potentially add another layer to strategy on team building if done right ...or atleast with some decent thought put in balance.

I'm sure there are tons of other ways to fix it also besides my method. But there is a quick example of how you can have legendaries mean something in more of the game without little billy coming at you with his favorite uber trio and an arceus as a cherry on the top.
---
fEeD mEh!!1