This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Compare to Ash's anime, how did you fans like the Origins of Red?

#1AurawhispererPosted 11/16/2013 9:05:58 AM
What did you feel when you first watched Origins? - Results (174 votes)
Stunned... to even think pokemon anime is bad, this is by far the best I've seen!
29.89% (52 votes)
It was great. Something that I enjoyed watching on my free time
48.85% (85 votes)
It was okay. Would be great if I was young, though.
18.39% (32 votes)
It was meh. This kind of anime needs to die out, seeing how it's old
1.72% (3 votes)
Horrible. The artwork looked bad. Where's my water color art?
1.15% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'd say this is my first hand experience on watching the anime of Red and Blue. I enjoyed the two episodes a lot. The introduction of character, and how other characters react to one another is what Pokémon anime today lacks in a lot. Instead of Red being a child, he's naďve how to understand pokemon until episode 2. Unlike Ash, he had the easy way out and had his miracles with Pikachu thundershocking Brocks onix after the sprinkler heads gave out. (Also that extra training introduced by his father) Might I say minor spoilers? Na. You kids now days don't even watch the old school anime of Pokémon.

But to the main point, the Origins has character, and has a backbone story. I also loved the intro onto how the story started by using the simulator of the old Gameboy version "New Game and Options"

It's a must watch if you're able to youtube it or facebook it on a pokemon fan page. It's something a true pokemon fan don't want to miss on.
---
Loving Pokemon X. Best Gen ever created :D
FC is- 3695 0271 8597. Zak: Safari Flying- Woobat, Farfetch'd, and Rufflet.
#2TisroeroPosted 11/16/2013 9:08:28 AM
I was actually kinda into the idea, then I found out that they made him choose Charmander.

So.... yeah. I just kinda shook my head and left it to be: better than the original but not something I'd watch.
---
"What's the point of living if we're all just born to die?" 0447-5767-5668
#3SwampertBadassPosted 11/16/2013 9:15:35 AM
''true pokemon fan'' lol
---
Siebold is my husband.
http://imgur.com/1TzikAB.jpg
#4Aurawhisperer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 9:25:10 AM
^ Yes. True pokemon fan because this is an older version of anime. Compare to the anime in today's society, this anime is like the grandfather of the Pokémon anime
---
Loving Pokemon X. Best Gen ever created :D
FC is- 3695 0271 8597. Zak: Safari Flying- Woobat, Farfetch'd, and Rufflet.
#5SwampertBadassPosted 11/16/2013 9:29:23 AM
So i guess i'm not a true pokemon fan then... I'm sad man, i'm sad ): ): ):
---
Siebold is my husband.
http://imgur.com/1TzikAB.jpg
#6SlimeStackPosted 11/16/2013 9:37:37 AM(edited)
Ash triggered the sprinklers then forfeit because he considered it cheating, Red beat an Onix with Scratch because plot said so. Even with the gyms being very screwy and poorly written in Kanto, I feel that Red's fights are much worse.

Taking battles out of the equation, I feel like Ash and Red are basically the same person. Both clumsy idiots who want to be Pokémon masters. Seems the only people that disagree are the ones that are biased against Ash and towards Red.
---
Blah.
#7Gogito4Posted 11/16/2013 9:38:40 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Ash triggered the sprinklers then forfeit because he considered it cheating, Red beat an Onix with Scratch because plot said so. Even with the gyms being very screwy and poorly written in Kanto, I feel that Red's fights are much worse.

Taking battles out of the equation, I feel like Ash and Red are basically the same person. Both clumsy idiots who want to be Pokémon masters. Seems the only people that disagree are the ones that are biased against Ash and towards Red.

One of them became one. The other has been around for 15 years not being able to get to the FINALS of a league.
---
Tales of Xillia... here I come!
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#8SlimeStackPosted 11/16/2013 9:42:43 AM
Gogito4 posted...
One of them became one. The other has been around for 15 years not being able to get to the FINALS of a league.

Firstly, to beat the Pokémon League, Red just had to beat Blue (somehow KOing a Blastoise with Fire Blast. What was that about Ash's miracles again?). Ash beat Gary (in a similar battle that didn't involve fire being good against water) and was faced with opponents far tougher than him.

Secondly, if Pokémon Origins was 13 episodes long, Red would have taken 13 episodes to become a master. If Pokémon Origins was 800 episodes long, it would have taken 800 episodes to become one.

Red fanboys are the worst.
---
Blah.
#9X_Ayumi_XPosted 11/16/2013 9:45:49 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Gogito4 posted...

Firstly, to beat the Pokémon League, Red just had to beat Blue (somehow KOing a Blastoise with Fire Blast. What was that about Ash's miracles again?). Ash beat Gary (in a similar battle that didn't involve fire being good against water) and was faced with opponents far tougher than him.

Secondly, if Pokémon Origins was 13 episodes long, Red would have taken 13 episodes to become a master. If Pokémon Origins was 800 episodes long, it would have taken 800 episodes to become one.

Red fanboys are the worst.

While I have no problem with Ash as I liked him (liked as in I haven't watched the anime since May shown up), and no problem with Red.. the difference I see is that Red at least completed the Kanto region as Ash never really did.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567 X/Y Living Pokedex W.I.P.: http://i.imgur.com/U2ZUs6M.jpg
#10The_DragonwPosted 11/16/2013 9:46:28 AM
I really don't like that he caught Mewtwo.

As odd as that Fire Blast KO was...

Though... In the Japanese version he caught Fire.

Wut
---
3DS Friend Code: 1950 8577 8687- Flying: Swanna, Doduo, Rufflet
The official Super Enraged Shadow Lugia of the Pokemon X/Y boards