This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon Bank and RNG'd or Legal Edited Pokemon

#11Team Rocket Elite(Moderator)Posted 11/17/2013 8:11:18 AM
RNG's Pokemon will pass through with 100% certainty. Fan made legality checkers are more through than official legality checkers. If Pokecheck can't tell the Pokemon was hacked, don't expect Pokebank to be able to tell either. Even some things that Pokecheck will flag as hacked will make it past Pokebank.
---
No amount of rallying would let me beat raytan7585.
Congrats to raytan7585 for winning the CB9 Guru Contest!
#12varnius8(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 8:27:58 AM
MoMonay posted...
it can prolly detect junk data of all known cheatdevices.

That I can understand if it's something like encountering a level 16 mew in a random patch of grass..
#13Lord_XandrosPosted 11/17/2013 8:39:13 AM
varnius8 posted...
Lord_Xandros posted...
It would pass, but will be blocked from online battles and being able to breed.

What? Why's that? :S

Pokemon transferred won't have the blue pentagon in the summary screen. It's a legality checker, and it's new data on each Pokemon caught.
---
Pokemon Y/3DS Friend Code: 1907 - 8799 - 0480 /// Currently: Creating my Team
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrraveygravy/
#14varnius8(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 8:41:56 AM
Lord_Xandros posted...
varnius8 posted...
Lord_Xandros posted...

Pokemon transferred won't have the blue pentagon in the summary screen. It's a legality checker, and it's new data on each Pokemon caught.

So even legitimately obtained pokemon from previous generations won't be able to breed when transferred over? Lol. That's bs.
#15Lil_PuddinPosted 11/17/2013 8:43:54 AM
It will still go through. The checks are just a few flags a Pokemon shouldn't raise to be considered legit. There's actually not a lot, and simply having a Pokemon as a HATCHED Pokemon makes it incredibly easy to bypass the checks.
---
I juss dun understayand.
#16varnius8(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 9:57:00 AM
Lil_Puddin posted...
It will still go through. The checks are just a few flags a Pokemon shouldn't raise to be considered legit. There's actually not a lot, and simply having a Pokemon as a HATCHED Pokemon makes it incredibly easy to bypass the checks.

As long as I can transfer my genetically superior Pokemon, I'm happy. :D
#17MCcakePosted 11/17/2013 9:58:50 AM
Maybe if they had something like a bloodline-scanner, that could find out if the parents of the egg are hacked or not, and see if the parents' parents are hacked, and so on.
---
Currently playing: Kid Icarus Uprising, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
3DS FC: 4055-3491-9170/ Jam, the mayor of Bunma
#18Team Rocket Elite(Moderator)Posted 11/17/2013 10:00:27 AM
Lord_Xandros posted...
varnius8 posted...
Lord_Xandros posted...

It's not a legality checker. The very first hacked XY Pokemon that was publicly revealed had the pentagon and I'm not sure we even knew what the pentagon was at that time. It's just an indicator that the Pokemon was created in XY and not transferred in through Pokemon Bank.
---
No amount of rallying would let me beat raytan7585.
Congrats to raytan7585 for winning the CB9 Guru Contest!
#19Pupu27Posted 11/17/2013 10:00:47 AM
varnius8 posted...
Will they make it through? Is there really anything that's stopping them from going through the PokeBank?

I mean, take this Milotic for example. It's 100% legal in every aspect, but it has perfect stats:

https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=6850032

Would it make it through the PokeBank?

Nobody knows at the moment, but there is a high chance that all RNG and hacked pokes will be detected. Nintendo always has an ace hidden in it's sleeve (the account system in nintendo direct is an example)
---
I swear I'm nobody alt.
FC: 1048-8565-3189
#20GhetsisPosted 11/17/2013 10:02:41 AM
Pupu27 posted...
varnius8 posted...
Will they make it through? Is there really anything that's stopping them from going through the PokeBank?

I mean, take this Milotic for example. It's 100% legal in every aspect, but it has perfect stats:

https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=6850032

Would it make it through the PokeBank?

Nobody knows at the moment, but there is a high chance that all RNG and hacked pokes will be detected. Nintendo always has an ace hidden in it's sleeve (the account system in nintendo direct is an example)

High chance that all RNG'd Pokemon will be detected? LOL

The game itself creates the "RNG'd Pokemon." Not to mention, all Pokemon in the existence of anything are technically "RNG'd."
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?