This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSA: Pokemon Amie hearts reset on traded Pokemon

#11Tali_ZorahPosted 11/17/2013 8:14:20 PM
On the flip side, though, the only time I could imagine this being an issue is when you purposefully hatched an egg on another game to get the trade XP bonus on your game. If pokemon retain the Amie data for the original trainer, then most people aren't really going to run into this problem very often on account of the fact that even if they do attempt to trade evolve their pokemon, they'll be keeping their Amie data anyway.

The only competitive use for Amie is the XP bonus, which is obtained by just feeding it a couple of pokepuffs, so the only time this would be a real issue is if you're, for some reason, using someone else's pokemon for your in game playthrough, and have to trade it back for whatever reason. In that case, though, you could just trade over an egg instead, since when the egg hatches it'll have your trainer ID as the OT.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5043 1777 9788
Safari pokemon: Grumpig, Girafarig, Woboffet. PM me if you add me.
#12CVNut13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 8:18:32 PM
Tali_Zorah posted...
On the flip side, though, the only time I could imagine this being an issue is when you purposefully hatched an egg on another game to get the trade XP bonus on your game. If pokemon retain the Amie data for the original trainer, then most people aren't really going to run into this problem very often on account of the fact that even if they do attempt to trade evolve their pokemon, they'll be keeping their Amie data anyway.

The only competitive use for Amie is the XP bonus, which is obtained by just feeding it a couple of pokepuffs, so the only time this would be a real issue is if you're, for some reason, using someone else's pokemon for your in game playthrough, and have to trade it back for whatever reason. In that case, though, you could just trade over an egg instead, since when the egg hatches it'll have your trainer ID as the OT.

Well, I got my Gardevoir (Ralts at the time) through someone being nice and I went through it the entire game. Then at first I placed it in a box and lo and behold it went from five hearts to four. So I found it odd but I managed to have her love again. But then when my sister needed to evolve something I figured to let her hang onto Lucy and then switch back. I went into battle again and what do you know she didn't love me anymore. xD Which was why I gave Lucy to my sister and just bred myself a new one. He's currently at 48. It's kind of disheartening, but whatever.
---
3DS FC: 5069-4029-7137 // Sister's FC: 2879-0827-4948
[Main User]Name: Sancty (Pokemon X: Dark) // [Other User]Sister: Rathey (Pokemon Y: Rathey)
#13VycoulPosted 11/17/2013 8:20:50 PM(edited)
Thank god, a way to stop making my damn Aggron stop staring at me while grinding for money.
"I love you too damn it! Get back to fighting! Prize Money Power is going!"
---
Thank God for inner monologue. ~ Miles Edgeworth
http://i.imgur.com/vG7gEbs.gif http://i.imgur.com/oCoerUu.gif
#14CVNut13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 8:35:19 PM
Vycoul posted...
Thank god, a way to stop making my damn Aggron stop staring at me while grinding for money.

Oh my goodness. xD
---
3DS FC: 5069-4029-7137 // Sister's FC: 2879-0827-4948
[Main User]Name: Sancty (Pokemon X: Dark) // [Other User]Sister: Rathey (Pokemon Y: Rathey)
#15Tali_ZorahPosted 11/17/2013 8:36:36 PM
Vycoul posted...

Thats why I prefer Restaurants. Money Power lasts for the whole chain, so you make back all the money you spent to start the restaurant in the first couple of fights, the rest are profit, and then you get the big prize at the end (small mushrooms, big mushrooms, balm mushrooms, big nuggets, depending on which restaurant you go to), which sells for a very nice amount of money. Then you just activate Money Power again and start all over!
---
3DS Friend Code: 5043 1777 9788
Safari pokemon: Grumpig, Girafarig, Woboffet. PM me if you add me.