This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just caught my first shiny!

#1ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/17/2013 8:41:20 PM
I wasn't even attempting to get one, I was just going through all my friend's safaris to see what they had, and I randomly ran into a blue Swalot. To be fair, I don't much like the pokemon and I nearly ran from it because I wasn't sure if it was it's default color or not, but I was a bit suspicious. Something told me that it should be either green or purple, so I just caught it and sorted it out after. A quick look through my pokedex told me it was indeed shiny, I didn't check the stats yet but that I caught it in the safari suggest it will at least not be terrible.

The only other shiny I ever caught was in an emulator so I can't really count that one, but I can now officially say I've gotten my first shiny...a Swalot.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#2TheonTurncloakPosted 11/17/2013 8:42:48 PM
I've been catching shinies since gen 2. Get on my level or don't brag about your lame ass swalot, which isn't even a cool pokemon.

Congratulations though.
---
3DS FC: 1864-9607-8423
#3ChocoboDreams(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 8:45:34 PM
TheonTurncloak posted...
I've been catching shinies since gen 2. Get on my level or don't brag about your lame ass swalot, which isn't even a cool pokemon.

Congratulations though.

Did you get a Ditto safari too? <3
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
#4gamingratPosted 11/17/2013 8:46:12 PM
ha, that's nothing. my first shiny will make you weep in envy over how awesome it is. my first shiny was a metapod
---
FC:2664-2365-2435 Friend Safari: tangela,petil and quiladin
Final Fantasy IV is the best in the series
#5TheonTurncloakPosted 11/17/2013 8:47:39 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
TheonTurncloak posted...

Congratulations though.

Yeah I got one before from some guy who had one and was adding a ton of people. I don't really care anymore though since I got soooo bored of IV breeding after doing it once.
---
#6FatalyzePosted 11/17/2013 8:49:44 PM
My first shiny was a Magnemite that I traded over from my brother's Emerald game. He nor I had no idea it was a shiny until I traded it over! My first self-caught shiny was a Staravia, while EV training in Diamond. My third shiny, which I literally just caught a half-hour ago, was a Horsea, while doing consecutive fishing.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3024-5304-6395
Nintendo Network ID: Fatalyze666
#7ChocoboDreams(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 8:51:16 PM
TheonTurncloak posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
TheonTurncloak posted...

Congratulations though.

Yeah I got one before from some guy who had one and was adding a ton of people. I don't really care anymore though since I got soooo bored of IV breeding after doing it once.

I gave mine out to about 500 people when I found out I had it, I got a few shinies and perfectly bred pokemon from generous people but this is the first shiny I've actually encountered. I enjoy breeding myself, but I'll give the Pokeradar and fishing strategy a shot sometime.
---
#8TheonTurncloakPosted 11/17/2013 8:53:19 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
TheonTurncloak posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
TheonTurncloak posted...

Congratulations though.

I gave mine out to about 500 people when I found out I had it, I got a few shinies and perfectly bred pokemon from generous people but this is the first shiny I've actually encountered. I enjoy breeding myself, but I'll give the Pokeradar and fishing strategy a shot sometime.

Wow you seem like a nice guy. If i ever get pokebank you can have my shiny meowth.
---