This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SV / Instacheck / Egg checking

#1K_of_SpadesPosted 11/18/2013 7:30:57 PM
Can someone explain to me how this all works together?

I personally think the idea of hunting people down to help you hatch eggs that are shiny makes the game have to have even more of a fun community, despite the fact that I generally disagree with this.

Can instacheck look and see an egg's IV's/Nature/Ability/Moves/Species/Etc?

So an egg gets a shiny value, and that shiny value has to be hatched from someone with the trainer shiny value that matches it in order to get a shiny pokemon to come out of it?

Does this give Masuda Method eggs 5 different Shiny Values?

If we work together as a community, that just means gamefaqs users as a community will be able to breed competitive shiny pokemon more quickly than other communities and that's cool to me.

Always been a GameFAQ's fan.
---
3DS FC: 1048 - 8192 - 8314 - Nick
Friend Safari: Electric - pachirisu, pikachu and manectric
#2zeroalphamaxPosted 11/18/2013 7:34:08 PM
Not 100% sure how it works,but I wonder if a mobile app for it could be developed...
---
3DS FC:3523-2601-3596
Fire safari-Growlithe + Charmeleon
#3K_of_Spades(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 7:35:48 PM
I wish gamefaq's had a forum app, that would be great, but aside from that, does anyone know how this instacheck thing works?

I wasn't going to use it, but the opportunity of using that to make community building/interaction more fun actually sounds pretty entertaining
---
#41nternationa7Posted 11/18/2013 7:39:37 PM
I would really recommend you using the search function or google, but the gist is each trainer is assigned a value from 1 - 4000. Every time an egg is generated, it is assigned a value between 1 - 4000. The idea is to use the app to find out what your number is and what the egg's number is. Then find a trainer with a shiny value matching the egg, trade the egg to him, get him to hatch it, then get him to trade it back.
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#5Absolutezero93Posted 11/18/2013 7:39:51 PM
Each trainer is assigned to a shiny value that can't be chanhed. and each pokemon is assigned to a shiny value that can't be changed as well. If your shiny value matches the pokemon shiny value, it will be shiny.

The idea is to use the instacheck software to find your trainer shiny value and the shiny value of your egg pokemons. After you find the value of the eggs, it is simply a matter of finding someone with a trainer value that matches the egg and trading that egg over so they can hatch it for you.
---
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare
#6K_of_Spades(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 7:41:35 PM
Absolutezero93 posted...
Each trainer is assigned to a shiny value that can't be chanhed. and each pokemon is assigned to a shiny value that can't be changed as well. If your shiny value matches the pokemon shiny value, it will be shiny.

The idea is to use the instacheck software to find your trainer shiny value and the shiny value of your egg pokemons. After you find the value of the eggs, it is simply a matter of finding someone with a trainer value that matches the egg and trading that egg over so they can hatch it for you.

does instacheck's software tell you the IV's and everything of the pokemon in the egg? or would you go about utilizing that method with the mother/father passed on traits thing to get your egg and then check the SV of it?
---
#7Absolutezero93Posted 11/18/2013 7:47:36 PM
K_of_Spades posted...
Absolutezero93 posted...

does instacheck's software tell you the IV's and everything of the pokemon in the egg? or would you go about utilizing that method with the mother/father passed on traits thing to get your egg and then check the SV of it?

Yes, it tells you the species, nature, gender, and IVs.
---
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare
#8K_of_Spades(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 7:49:08 PM
Appreciate the feedback, bud.

That's all I wanted to know.
---
#9ALeoCatPosted 11/18/2013 7:49:10 PM
K_of_Spades posted...
Can instacheck look and see an egg's IV's/Nature/Ability/Moves/Species/Etc?

Yes

K_of_Spades posted...
Does this give Masuda Method eggs 5 different Shiny Values?

The Masuda Method will generate multiple personality values for the egg when it is generated, if one of these would be shiny for you, it will assign that value, otherwise it will be the final value generated, and the "shiny value" can be derived from that.
#101nternationa7Posted 11/18/2013 7:49:20 PM
Absolutezero93 posted...
K_of_Spades posted...
Absolutezero93 posted...

Yes, it tells you the species, nature, gender, and IVs.

I wish it stored the gender in the csv file though. Typing those up myself is kinda annoying, but great program altogether :D
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947