This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SV / Instacheck / Egg checking

#11KaphoticsPosted 11/18/2013 6:52:29 PM(edited)
To clear up any confusion/misinformation:

No trainer or egg is assigned a 'shiny value'. A Pokemon is only shiny if 4 numbers combined equal zero. These 4 numbers are derived from the Trainer ID and the PKM's ID.

( [Trainer ID ^ Secret ID ] ^ [(PID>>16) ^ (PID%0x10000)] >> 4 ) = 0, the Pokemon is shiny.

It just spits out what the OT's [Trainer ID ^ Secret ID ] >> 4 is (dubbed trainerSV)
and it also says what the PKX's [(PID>>16) ^ (PID%0x10000)] >> 4 is (dubbed pkxSV)

If you match the pkxSV to another trainer, the equation will = 0, thus be shiny. No arbitrary numbers (the PID and SIDTID are used for many things).
---
AIM: Kaphotics
2.ly/5thGenRNGResearchThread
#12LORD_ALLISTERPosted 11/18/2013 6:53:39 PM
zeroalphamax posted...
Not 100% sure how it works,but I wonder if a mobile app for it could be developed...

I was just thinking about that since the instacheck program is basically tetherin to the 3DS & data sniffing or whatever the tech term is,so a mobile instacheck app is very possible right?....I would pay for that app
---
BigMarks 3DS FC: 3539-9303-0724 TSV:3788
Posted Using GameFlux App
#13K_of_Spades(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 6:54:02 PM
Kaphotics posted...
To clear up any confusion/misinformation:

No trainer or egg is assigned a 'shiny value'. A Pokemon is only shiny if 4 numbers combined equal zero. These 4 numbers are derived from the Trainer ID and the PKM's ID.

( [Trainer ID ^ Secret ID ] ^ [(PID>>16) ^ (PID%0x10000)] >> 4 ) = 0, the Pokemon is shiny.

It just spits out what the OT's [Trainer ID ^ Secret ID ] >> 4 is (dubbed trainerSV)
and it also says what the PKX's [(PID>>16) ^ (PID%0x10000)] >> 4 is (dubbed pkxSV)

If you match the pkxSV to another trainer, the equation will = 0, thus be shiny. No arbitrary numbers (the PID and SIDTID are used for many things).

That was actually interesting o.O I was wondering how that worked out
---
3DS FC: 1048 - 8192 - 8314 - Nick
Friend Safari: Electric - pachirisu, pikachu and manectric