This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ever run away from a wild Pokemon you've been looking for?

#1Rupin_SalesmanPosted 11/19/2013 10:16:54 PM
Or reverse?

Chansey running from me in Yellow. :c

Me running from Croagunk in Diamond. :CCCCCCCCC
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#2Tali_ZorahPosted 11/19/2013 10:19:58 PM
I have, yes.

"Alright, its <pokemon>! False swipe, put it to sleep, now to catch ---- FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

I ALMOST ran away from a Shiny Emolga, too. I was Audino grinding outside of Driftveil City and was getting frustrated at the sheer number of Emolga that were jumping out instead of Audino. I barely stopped my finger from hitting Run when I realised that there was a sparkle effect on this particular Emolga. Good thing, too, because I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise. Dark brown back instead of black back... what an awesome shiny...
---
3DS Friend Code: 5043 1777 9788
Safari pokemon: Grumpig, Girafarig, Woboffet. PM me if you add me.
#3extremegunnerPosted 11/19/2013 11:09:27 PM
Ran away from a Hustle Nidoran.
#4CharizardFirePosted 11/19/2013 11:11:38 PM
I ALMOST ran away from a Shiny Emolga, too. I was Audino grinding outside of Driftveil City and was getting frustrated at the sheer number of Emolga that were jumping out instead of Audino. I barely stopped my finger from hitting Run when I realised that there was a sparkle effect on this particular Emolga. Good thing, too, because I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise. Dark brown back instead of black back... what an awesome shiny...

You were Audino grinding with a Pokémon that had Static, didn't you?
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#5HF92Posted 11/19/2013 11:13:05 PM
A friend today said he ran into a shiny Metang in a safari, he accidentally hit "run" with his stylus instead of the item button.

Needless to say, he was extremely distraught.
#6DKU_ArichPosted 11/19/2013 11:17:42 PM
Yeah, I have for sure, though I can't remember which Pokemon I ran from. It was in Y for sure.
---
3DS friend code = 2320-7567-3830
#7crescent33Posted 11/19/2013 11:37:20 PM
I ran away from a shiny krabby in the friend safari because I was half asleep (eyes closed and spamming run button based on the sound of their cries) and looking for a Poliwhirl. Only at the very last minute did I open my eyes just enough to see it was a shiny before I exited the battle.
---
3DS FC: Kirby 1005-8772-8200
Friend Safari: Fire -- Larvesta, Growlithe, Ninetales
#8IzanagiBluePosted 11/19/2013 11:41:48 PM
crescent33 posted...
I ran away from a shiny krabby in the friend safari because I was half asleep (eyes closed and spamming run button based on the sound of their cries) and looking for a Poliwhirl. Only at the very last minute did I open my eyes just enough to see it was a shiny before I exited the battle.

Same thing happened to me except it was a shiny eevee that I had been spending months on in pokemon diamond and I was so pissed off I accidentely broke my DSI in half... ;-;
---
FC : 2895 7229 2715 = Steph
~ " Let's fight this together. Never fear... We're always together. " ~
#9Tali_ZorahPosted 11/20/2013 7:19:43 AM
CharizardFire posted...

You were Audino grinding with a Pokémon that had Static, didn't you?

Nah, I can't remember what pokemon I had that playthrough, but I'm very certain that I didn't even have any electric types, let alone pokemon with Static.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5043 1777 9788
Safari pokemon: Grumpig, Girafarig, Woboffet. PM me if you add me.